• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

After almost a week, I hit Gears Nirvana... I know how to play the game. I'm decent at it now. I know my movement, tactics and shotgun plays... Its enjoyable now.

Haines

Banned
Any movement or settings tips...

I'm getting wrecked and not learning.

I just turned a bunch of the aiming settings down 1 notch

nOoblet16

Gridlock is a terrible map now because it is worn out...every match plays the same way and is very limiting now. What they need is to bring back Fuel Depot, Jacinto, Mercy, Pavalion and River...which is the most underrated Gears map ever.

RedStep

Ah, gotta love to get players on my team who can't down someone who is stuck in a 3 second animation executing me. I see him spraying with his lancer like a mad man, only half the bullets even hit.

Next game I get the same guy on my team, he went 0-11 and got 230 points in total and we lost because of him alone. He would've been more useful just hiding somewhere. :p

Everybody starts somewhere.

Gridlock has been out since 2006, if you don't know how to stop one guy from getting the sniper that's on you.

For me, it's roughly every other game where my team seems entirely unable to make a push for the sniper, resulting in the enemy team effectively dominating the match. It's only really problematic on modes like Warzone and Execution, but damn if it's not frustrating.

Like you said, it's a map that's been out for ten years. But somehow, it seems like half the teams I play with could not give less of a shit about that longshot, despite the map effectively being ruled by the team with it.

And for the record, I play on PC. Teaming up with more than one person isn't really an option in versus, because Social has a player limit (and to the game's credit, I'm actually very happy that pubstomping isn't really a thing in social).

Bessy67

Anyone have tips for the horde-like sections of the campaign? I'm on the one in act 3
going into the mine
and I'm having a really tough time not getting swarmed.

Nif

This is so strange. I bought the game on my office PC, plays fine. I try downloading it on my living room PC and it's nowhere to be found in the windows store. I followed the link from the xbox app to the store app, but it says that the page could not be found. I'm very confused.

I'm logged into the same microsoft account on both PCs. Tried reformatting the living room PC and still have the same issue. Their help section suggests checking the region settings, but they're both set to US.

Downloading all the windows updates now just to make sure, but they were all installed before I reformatted.

Edit: Forza Horizon 3 is also missing. Gears of War Ultimate shows up, though.

I just don't feel like I have a grasp on the mechanics.

Maybe there's some video on YouTube.

This one teaches some basic techniques

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa7jW-6twog

But keep in mind you don't have to wall-bounce much at all. Using it only once in a gun fight can be enough to get the edge. Another tip is ALWAYS active reload your shotty before engaging enemies. Also, don't spam the shot gun blasts. It's better to pace the shots and shoot when you know you will hit. For example, if someone accidentally rolls, track them with your reticle and fire when the roll ends

This one teaches some basic techniques

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa7jW-6twog

But keep in mind you don't have to wall-bounce much at all. Using it only once in a gun fight can be enough to get the edge. Another tip is ALWAYS active reload your shotty before engaging enemies. Also, don't spam the shot gun blasts. It's better to pace the shots and shoot when you know you will hit. For example, if someone accidentally rolls, track them with your reticle and fire when the roll ends

Thanks for this!

Top Bottom