• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
I think my biggest struggle is knowing where my reticle is going to be when I pop out of cover.

3DShovel

The core tuning is actually shit.

There's 0 point to wall bouncing because people just hard-aim you while you approach and it's effective as all hell.

The reason wallbouncing came into existence was because they shotgun took too long to down at a distance. That whole meta is gone.

It's rare a shotgun duel ends in a gib. It almost always ends in a down and it's fucking stupid.

TC needs to bring the competitive tuning across all game modes if they want people to keep playing for longer than a month. I know that if I keep having to play this shit tuning I'll just go back to UE.

I bought this game at launch and finally had time to play this today. Really, really surprised with how fun it is so far. I didn't like the prologue at all, it felt like they tried and failed to do a God of War-style intro where you're thrown into a crazy encounter, but I never felt like I was in danger and the fights were pretty braindead.

But as soon as you start playing as the new character, man, they did an amazing job of making the game feel fresh. All the new weapons I've used are really fun to use, the new enemies feel different enough even though there are similar types, and the look is a really cool departure from the "destroyed beauty" aesthetic of the older games.

And good lord does it look good up-resed to 4K on an S. Similar to Halo 5 there's some pretty crappy textures occasionally that stand out (and I noticed a lot more in the intro, which was another reason it was initially underwhelming) but there's been a few scenes that just look incredible.

I just defended the settlement, can't wait to see where it goes from here. As soon as I beat it I'll be jumping into Horde and multiplayer, feel free to add me. GT is Klay Cavalier.

RoKKeR

My brightness settings do not save in this game... I have to reset them every time I log on, which is very annoying. Anybody else get this?

BizzyBum

Could the eSports pack for $10 be any more of a ripoff? I even got an emblem I already had from a regular pack. How many would you have to open to get all the eSports gear?

This game is great but damn these micro transactions are giving TC a bad look.

Nif

This is so strange. I bought the game on my office PC, plays fine. I try downloading it on my living room PC and it's nowhere to be found in the windows store. I followed the link from the xbox app to the store app, but it says that the page could not be found. I'm very confused.

I'm logged into the same microsoft account on both PCs. Tried reformatting the living room PC and still have the same issue. Their help section suggests checking the region settings, but they're both set to US.

Downloading all the windows updates now just to make sure, but they were all installed before I reformatted.

Edit: Forza Horizon 3 is also missing. Gears of War Ultimate shows up, though.

In case anyone runs into this same issue, it was a windows update problem. I had to make sure the store was up to date, and then manually download the Win10 Anniversary update.

jadedm17

Could the eSports pack for $10 be any more of a ripoff? I even got an emblem I already had from a regular pack. How many would you have to open to get all the eSports gear?

It tells you what your possible pulls are on the opening screen, so id say no and your wallet speaks loudest.

MM seems barfed right now. Competitive matched into a escalation game that was 2v3. My teammate and I put up a valiant fight, going to the final round.

BizzyBum

It tells you what your possible pulls are on the opening screen, so id say no and your wallet speaks loudest.

I bought one just to support the scene. Not spending another cent. The pack should at least have all eSport gear, silly you can get normal pack duplicates. Just more ways TC is using awful RNG to squeeze money out of people.

I feel terrible for cosmetic completionists playing this.

jadedm17

I bought one just to support the scene. Not spending another cent. The pack should at least have all eSport gear, silly you can get normal pack duplicates. Just more ways TC is using awful RNG to squeeze money out of people.

I feel terrible for cosmetic completionists playing this.

They need to get out of that mentality - same goes in Overwatch - and realize that much like life you cant have everything you want.

That or be the gambling addicted whales that fund the games bottom line.

Its all optional and doesnt effect gameplay so no harm really done.

(Getting normal stuff isnt fun but they tell you what you can get and you definitely did get some awesome rare shit thatll be gone very quick.)

BizzyBum

They need to get out of that mentality - same goes in Overwatch - and realize that much like life you cant have everything you want.

That or be the gambling addicted whales that fund the games bottom line.

Its all optional and doesnt effect gameplay so no harm really done.

(Getting normal stuff isnt fun but they tell you what you can get and you definitely did get some awesome rare shit thatll be gone very quick.)

If you check Reddit or the official Gears forums everyone is calling TC out about this crap.

People are even getting refunds from Microsoft.

jadedm17

If you check Reddit or the official Gears forums everyone is calling TC out about this crap.

People are even getting refunds from Microsoft.

Why is that?

Gamers getting angry over nothing isnt exactly rare either so saying that as if theyre right because theres several of them doesnt make sense to me.

Its optional cosmetic gear they tell you what you can get : Whats to get upset over?

BizzyBum

Why is that?

Gamers getting angry over nothing isnt exactly rare either so saying that as if theyre right because theres several of them doesnt make sense to me.

Its optional cosmetic gear they tell you what you can get : Whats to get upset over?

Right, several people...

Defense wall for everything

blinkz

Finished the game on hardcore no problem.. Started again on insane and I don't remember gears being this frustrating.. there have been 2 or 3 areas that took me oh so many tried to get thru.. the AI is ruthless at times charging right at you with an instakill melee.

On one hand jaded is right, you know what you're getting and it's not as if it misleads you.

On the other hand, what they give you is bullshit so if people want to complain and get refunds, go ahead. Maybe that'll show Microsoft that the current way packs are handled is trash.

I bought a pack to support the scene but ultimately it is a rip-off and I'm not happy about it.

It should have been 4 blacksteel cards, and the esports emblem. If this was the case I wouldn't feel as bad

DrBo42

Playing on Windows 10, any way to get this thing into the volume mixer and scale the entire application's audio down? No idea why it doesn't show up like every other program.

Tecnniqe

Banned

Depends entirely on luck but people seem to spend somewhere between $300 and $500

RoKKeR

Man, the campaign really gets good in Act 3. Not all the way through yet but my interest has sky rocketed this chapter.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Tried to play all three modes with a friend, and I instantly get kicked when the game loads. I'm on Windows. Another fun bug - when I try to back out of matchmaking, I can't do anything. It just gets stuck in a "sending matchmaking cancellation request" loop.

This was a nice waste of money.

malfcn

Tried a casual co-op vs. for fun.
The match timed out and I can't cancel the search.
Have to quit game and restart app to play.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Yep, can't get into Horde at all. When I try to cancel my search, entire App freezes. Nice Coaltiion, nice.

schlew

In an everlasting match of Horde right now, down to 3 players at wave 20...when does it end? Do you have to quit out? We just keep failing

Top Bottom