• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

brawly

First few MP matches. Gnasher feels like russian roulette. Sometimes I don't feel like "that's a kill" and the guy dies, othertimes I just get oneshot'd out the ass.

It does feel smooth as hell though. Love bow in this, feels amazing.

And fuck those skins, ugh. Rainbow guys and golden Marcus last match...really?

Theorry

First few MP matches. Gnasher feels like russian roulette. Sometimes I don't feel like "that's a kill" and the guy dies, othertimes I just get oneshot'd out the ass.

It does feel smooth as hell though. Love bow in this, feels amazing.

Golden Marcus is when you play Guardian gamemode.

Strootman

First few MP matches. Gnasher feels like russian roulette. It does feel smooth as hell though overall. Love bow in this, feels amazing.

A Golden character is the leader on guardian mode.

pizzacat

Banned
Oh man I'm stupid, lol. Still looks pretty bad. Were they always gold? I don't remember. It's not a nice gold.
Nah which is weird, if you defaulted as Prescott or myrrah in 3 you'd just stick with a drone or Marcus but this way someone can still be armoured Marcus and not be leader

I'm level 59, just about to hit 60 and just got an achievement for getting 10k credits in total. In 60 levels I would've been able to buy ALMOST 3 Elite cases, that's fucking ridiculous. That's a total of ~42 hours of play time going by the war journal.
That achievement doesn't count the 500 you get every 5 levels to be fair.

Still, 16k isn't much of an improvement

Lothars

I'm not sure how I feel about Gears 4, I don't think i ilke it as much as Gears 3. I really hope they bring out more skins for multiplayer, I always play Kim but there's no skins for him yet.

I will keep playing because I want to give it a better chance.

Allforce

That's like getting 10 executions or 3 knife kills in an MP match. Ain't happening for me.

Play Versus Co-Op against the CPU and get a King of the Hill match. Chainsaw the brain-dead AI 10 times.

I had 3 of those shitty bounty cards and burned them all last night playing Co-Op, easy XP.

Wut are you doing...pizza and fries skin is amazing
Didn't mean to imply any negativity since I like them too, but I was just responding to the notion that Halo doesn't have skins that don't match its tone, which is false :b
Carmine will get brought back in a later wave of skins. They're holding back a lot of characters for now.

When you compare the number of characters Gears 3 had, it's pretty eye opening how few there actually are in Gears 4.
It really puts it into perspective just how much is left to offer. I can understand why they left some out so people could try some new people then offer classics as DLC I guess, but damn is it lame.

FLAguy954

Borderline cheating lmaooooo
Wallbouncing is a skill that's been part of gears since day 1 and it takes a ton of skill to execute properly. If you know what you're doing it's way more fun and rewarding than standing around trying gun people down with assault rifles.

Exactly. It's been a while since I've played Gears competitively (Gears 3 was the last time I was really into Gears multiplayer). Expert wall bouncing is super fun and on PC with a Steam controller (fast mouse aim and cover set to the left trigger) and an increased FOV, it fucking god-tier stuff man.

Munki

Beat the campaign on hardcore last night. Took me a total time of 10 hours and 9 mins. Overall I was pretty happy with the game, in terms of difficulty I would say this is one of the easier games in the series, on only few occasions did I have to relay a section numerous times. The game looks great, and the controls are super tight and responsive. Excited for the next installment!

Xyber

Ah memories of ten years ago.

Good ol days when host did exist

I refused to join other peoples ranked servers in Gears 1 unless it was a friend hosting so I knew it would be very close to me. A really good connection or being the host was such a huge advantage.

What the hell is up with every single team I get on Gridlock. Absolutely no one ever goes for either sniper, grenades or boomshot. The other team gets all those things every single damn round and game. Frustrating as hell.

I refused to join other peoples ranked servers in Gears 1 unless it was a friend hosting so I knew it would be very close to me. A really good connection or being the host was such a huge advantage.

Yeah but when you could be a beast off-host, when you were finally host it was like that gravity training they used to do in DBZ

Doubt I'll get any help from this, but I live in the Philippines I can't seem to buy this game for the life of me. Every other online store allows me to purchase digital/physical stuff, but for some reason GoW4 is telling me to fuck off.

Is it because of my location? Only options I can really choose from are American states.

help? I haven't played GoW since 2.

and on a completely different note; if i buy this, will my little nephew be able to play the game on his xbox?

Iceman829

Doubt I'll get any help from this, but I live in the Philippines I can't seem to buy this game for the life of me. Every other online store allows me to purchase digital/physical stuff, but for some reason GoW4 is telling me to fuck off.

Is it because of my location? Only options I can really choose from are American states.

help? I haven't played GoW since 2.

and on a completely different note; if i buy this, will my little nephew be able to play the game on his xbox?

On the store issue I can't help, but regarding your nephew. His xbox would need to be set as your home xbox. If you don't own an xbox one you would need to sign in on the console and a quick google can walk you through the steps. It's as simple as that and any future cross play titles you purchased he would be able to play as well. Good luck with the store issue. Have you tried contacting ms support to see if they have any ideas?

On the store issue I can't help, but regarding your nephew. His xbox would need to be set as your home xbox. If you don't own an xbox one you would need to sign in on the console and a quick google can walk you through the steps. It's as simple as that and any future cross play titles you purchased he would be able to play as well. Good luck with the store issue. Have you tried contacting ms support to see if they have any ideas?

Thanks, I guess I'll try support. I just hate having to go through that process, haha.

Xyber

Getting matched against the same 5-stack over and over again and my team had basically only been solo queuers.

Guess it's time to stop playing for tonight.

Eanan

Getting matched against the same 5-stack over and over again and my team had basically only been solo queuers.

Guess it's time to stop playing for tonight.
Yep time to call it a night when your team mates are standing behind the blocks in gridlock waiting to chainsaw and end up getting mushed by a wallbouncing sweaty with his gnasher.

Xyber

Yep time to call it a night when your team mates are standing behind the blocks in gridlock waiting to chainsaw and end up getting mushed by a wallbouncing sweaty with his gnasher.

People like that makes me want to just leave right away, they are not worthy of a win!

For some reason I have gotten Gridlock on maybe 6 out of my 10 or so games tonight and that shit is unplayable when you keep going up against a 5-stack that always got each other covered and you lack any sort of teamwork on your own team.

A good coordinated team can have that map locked down so hard, so it becomes pretty much impossible to flank. And if you can't flank, no matter how good you might be you just won't get a chance to do anything. They get sniper and boomshot and can then just hold up in middle and their tower and wait for the enemies to try and rush them, which usually won't work.There's almost never a close game on that map in my experience.

Iceman829

People like that makes me want to just leave right away, they are not worthy of a win!

For some reason I have gotten Gridlock on maybe 6 out of my 10 or so games tonight and that shit is unplayable when you keep going up against a 5-stack that always got each other covered and you lack any sort of teamwork on your own team.

A good coordinated team can have that map locked down so hard, so it becomes pretty much impossible to flank. And if you can't flank, no matter how good you might be you just won't get a chance to do anything. They get sniper and boomshot and can then just hold up in middle and their tower and wait for the enemies to try and rush them, which usually won't work.There's almost never a close game on that map in my experience.

That's mainly why I stick with horde and co-op vs. now. All my friends I used to crew up with don't play anymore, so rather than pull my hair out and lose with randoms I've moved on. I really loved gears mp, but to be successful you need people to work together. Time to burn through some bounties against bots.

If anyone wants to group up I'll be one for a few hours. GT is same as GAF

Invis

Do we have a Discord or something along the lines for PC? Just got this game on PC and looking for some GAFers to play matchmaking/horde with.

zoodoo

So i just finished the campaign and enjoyed it a lot.
But
where the hell is Anya? Is she JD's mom or not? And we still yet to see other characters like Dizzy

Now time to start horde mode woohoo

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
So i just finished the campaign and enjoyed it a lot.
But
where the hell is Anya? Is she JD's mom or not? And we still yet to see other characters like Dizzy

Now time to start horde mode woohoo

Huh?

I guess you missed...

the part on your way to meet Marcus at the estate where you can go to her grave and there's a little cutscene. Anyway, yes she is JD's mom and she passed away a few years back.

Figments

Do we know what this ranking system is based on? Win/Loss only?

Yeah, I want to know this.

I've had like five victories in a row and I'm still at Silver 2. I'd like to see some progression bar or something that tells me how close I am to the next rank up. Something similar to what Killer Instinct does, please. I hate not knowing how much I got left into the next rank.

:mad:

3DShovel

This game is actually garbage.

I don't even know why I bother. Constantly shooting people multiple times point blank with the shotgun and I literally get nothing for it, while my opponent fucking flips around, 180 no scopes my dome and gets the kill 100% of the fucking time.

Like, shooting a guy point blank with an entire clip and having the game tell you that you got 10% damage in 5 hits is just fucking incredible.

why are teammates just so damn stupid online? why? is it fun to be a dumbass?

does it please you to do the most illogical thing every chance you get?

Top Bottom