• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Played horde with my wife and 3 randoms last night, get through wave 20 and the other 3 people all quit. Such a bullshit fucking system. I cant believe not one person at TC could see this coming in advance.

So last week I was able to cross-play campaign with my friend (I'm on PC, he's on XB1) just fine, but this week it has stopped working. We can connect fine in the lobby, but whoever isn't the host will get dropped as soon as the game loads up. Tried multiple nights this week with the same result. Haven't made any changes to my setup since last week. Anyone else encountered this? Disappointing to have this happen now as it was working flawlessly a week ago. Another odd thing is that horde still seems to work just fine, only campaign is affected.

Loomba

Are the ranks broken? I've literally just won 10 in a row and I'm still silver 2? 2.38 kd 77% win ratio and haven't went up at all.

EL CUCO

Are the ranks broken? I've literally just won 10 in a row and I'm still silver 2? 2.38 kd 77% win ratio and haven't went up at all.
One of the streamers I watch has been stuck on Silver 3 even after winning about 40 games straight, while his team moved up to Onyx. There's definitely a rank bug out there.

Yes they definitely are. Hopefully once they get the credits sorted out they will fix rank. It would also be nice to see your rank progress like you can in Halo 5.

Detox

So last week I was able to cross-play campaign with my friend (I'm on PC, he's on XB1) just fine, but this week it has stopped working. We can connect fine in the lobby, but whoever isn't the host will get dropped as soon as the game loads up. Tried multiple nights this week with the same result. Haven't made any changes to my setup since last week. Anyone else encountered this? Disappointing to have this happen now as it was working flawlessly a week ago. Another odd thing is that horde still seems to work just fine, only campaign is affected.

This exact thing happened to me and friend earlier though we're both on PC. He couldn't obtain toredo address. Try this out.

dLMN8R

If you're having trouble connecting via co-op, try rebooting the console first and then connecting.

I've encountered an issue on my Xbox where if Gears is still open when the console goes into standby, I can't connect for co-op once resuming from standby.

If I close Gears first before the Xbox enters standby, then it works fine. Otherwise I need to reboot.

So I bought some pizza rolls and entered the code into the site and it says I have Zombie JD unlocked, but nowhere on the site is it giving me an Xbox Live code to enter. Where do I get this code?

I see kill stealing is more than alive and well in this game too.

Just finished a match at 6-14-4. Had a dude shadowing me the whole time not offering any help except taking the kill whenever I had to reload. What a prince.

Depending on the context I'll steal a kill. I'm not going to let someone pick up a teammate because my teammate across the map wants his kill. If it's execution I'm taking every kill, I don't really care. I expect you to take mine too. Far too often people have this stupid honor code where you can't take a down if it's not yours. I'm trying to win, I don't care about preserving either of our K/Ds.

Now if the dude has no chance of being revived or getting up I'll ignore him.

Jobbs

Banned

Just finished a match at 6-14-4. Had a dude shadowing me the whole time not offering any help except taking the kill whenever I had to reload. What a prince.

Complaining about kill stealing is lame. You may rarely get a troll who deliberately doesn't help then takes the last hit, but I've personally not even run into this.

Meanwhile, you seem to get a score based on the damage you did, so who cares?

Depending on the context I'll steal a kill. I'm not going to let someone pick up a teammate because my teammate across the map wants his kill. If it's execution I'm taking every kill, I don't really care. I expect you to take mine too. Far too often people have this stupid honor code where you can't take a down if it's not yours. I'm trying to win, I don't care about preserving either of our K/Ds.

Now if the dude has no chance of being revived or getting up I'll ignore him.

I'm not talking about killing someone who will obviously get up long before your teammate has a chance to travel across the map to finish him. Sure, context matters so I provided some. Watching your teammate down someone when you did nothing to earn the kill and then taking it is weak. I don't think it has anything to do with any honor code. Killing in this game is fun and if somebody earns that down I'm not going to take that away from them. Dick move imo.

Complaining about kill stealing is lame. You may rarely get a troll who deliberately doesn't help then takes the last hit, but I've personally not even run into this.

I guess I'm lame. I like being able to try out the new executions on the downs I earned. In a game based on gruesome and satisfying kills you'd be perfectly ok with me taking all of your downs from now on? I think you're full of crap if you say yes.

I don't care about scores or k/d. I'm not even totally sure where I'd find that info. I just enjoy finishing off my earned downs.

Bounties...

Jobbs

Banned
Enforcer can down really really fast if you land most the bullets.

AVmfm4V.gif

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

http://i.imgur.com/AVmfm4V.gif[img][/QUOTE]

The hammerburst is about to get nerfed, you better believe the enforcer is next. Gotta protect the precious gnasher.

also can we all agree that the overkill is the most useless weapon in the game? I don't know why they needed to pretend like the game has a sawn-off equivalent if it's as effective as a fart in the breeze.

J-Roderton

Got a nice hip fire followed up with a cross map headshot with the torque bow. Love this damn thing. https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/45aaf48c-d31e-4d72-84e6-86b5b9e78f93?gamerTag=JT%20HONEY%20BADGER&scid=780f0100-3c66-41ff-b8cc-964f20ee78c6

AVmfm4V.gif

For real. Went through a few bot matches to practice and actually am getting better with it. Still don't feel as safe as I do with a gnasher, though.

xkramz

Hi all –

We wanted to give you all an update on some items we have been tracking based off of community feedback and bug reports sent in by you. We appreciate all the comments over the past week and a half and we have been trying to consume as much of it as possible. We may not comment on each item but we do read through everything. Our goal is to provide a great amount of transparency when we are actioning on specific pieces as we want the best possible experience for all players. Below are some top level items that we are working on. I should note that there are many more updates beyond the list below but I wanted to highlight some of the ones that larger discussions have been focused around over the past week. Expect update notes tied with larger Title Updates to cover off more of those other topics. Those update notes will be released as we get closer to the release of each Title Update.

Hammerburst Balancing
This one has been a big pain point amongst those in Core and Social. Gameplay has been dominated with long range combat and we do have some tuning coming up that will address this. We expect this in the next big Title Update.

Competitive Lancer/Gnasher adjustments
We have some additional changes we are planning for the competitive Lancer and Gnasher. We will have more details on this in the future. We expect this in the next big Title Update.

Matches not starting with full amount of players
We have a team looking into this immediately as this one is pretty concerning. There may be a quick fix that we can do on the backend to address this but it may require some additional work that would come in a later Title Update. We will do what we can to mitigate and correct this one as soon as possible.

Harsher Quit Penalties
We are looking to implement some harsher quit penalties to players in an upcoming update. Unfortunately this requires a bit more legwork but we are seeing if we can prioritize and have this come out sooner rather than later. We expect this in a future Title Update but not the next large one.

Competitive/Core Lobbies
This requires an extensive amount of work but we have it on our roadmap and are hoping to have this out in a future large Title Update.

General Pack feedback items
We have received a mountain of feedback regarding our Gears Pack system. We are looking into ways of improving the experience for all users and we are also looking at additional opportunities to help players obtain packs. We will keep you posted on these notes in the near future.

Footsteps of teammates much louder than opponents
We believe DeeBee footstep audio seems to be in a good place based off of feedback from you all. We are looking at increasing human and swarm footstep audio. This will be in a future title update.

PC Crossplay Request / Inability to find matches in Core & Competitive
We will be experimenting with Social crossplay weekends. During this time we will be looking at backend telemetry on the performance of players. After we gather some information, we will look into what we can potentially do for further crossplay opportunities. We will also be looking into offering Bonus XP in specific modes that will be constantly rotating either each day or on a weekly basis to help incentivize people to try out each of our different game modes. This would be for both platforms XB1 and PC. We will keep you posted on when these updates hit.

Gnasher shots firing but ammo not depleting and registering
We have a fix for this in our next large Title Update

0% / 100% UI notifications
This is tied to Unreal rounding numbers up and down and thus confusing people with the numbers they are displaying. We are going to see if we can address this so it comes across a bit more clear on what your true damage and damage taken is. This will occur in a future update.

Backfilling in Horde Matchmaking
We want to remind people here that you can invite people from your friends list if someone drops off. We will continue looking into this but wanted to remind that this feature exists and also allows for the user who is being invited to understand what scenario they are about to enter.

KOTH/Execution Time Adjustments
Execution I believe is currently set for 10 minutes. That’s long! We are going to readjust this so players aren’t stalemating for long periods of time. KOTH will be reduced to 1 round in social and we will listen to additional dialogue from Core players if this needs to be reduced down or not. We expect these changes in the next Title Update if not sooner.

Windows Insiders not being able to play
There is now a new Insider Build that corrects this issue. (Build 14951). You can read more about it here: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...nsider-preview-build-14951-for-mobile-and-pc/

Ranks not displaying for other users in Squad
We are aware of this. We want to display ranks for other users in the squad. This will be in a future Title Update, but will not be present in the next one.

Horde Class Icons in Scoreboard
We are also aware of this one. We want people to be aware of other classes they are working with in-game. This will be in a future Title Update, but will not be present in the next one.

PC Mics not working correctly at all times
We are looking into this one and have a future Title Update that will address this issue.

Horde Score abuse issues
We have received a few reports on this and have fixes coming related to this. We will probably also look into wiping leaderboards after this is done to ensure players can compete to achieve legitimate scores.

Grenade spawning issue
We have this issue logged and will have a fix for this in a future Title Update.

Players sometimes leaving maps
We have this issue logged and will have a fix for this in a future Title Update. Players caught abusing this will be subject to disciplinary action including suspensions and bans.

Some of you may ask, “Why are these landing in Title Updates and why aren’t they being addressed tomorrow?” Sometimes changing things requires a Title Update and sometimes we can do smaller scale updates through our back end services structure. It’s the nature of the system. We can sometimes do quick Title Updates to tackle blockers, such as the updates we released at launch and last Friday, but those are singular fixes that we can speed through the certification process due to how small they are.

We have plenty planned for upcoming community events, additional game content, maps and more to share in the near future. You can expect news on some of those pieces very soon. Again, we greatly appreciate all the feedback. We have a great internal live team working through all of these and our mission is to ensure we can tackle as many of these feedback items as possible. We will keep you guys posted on any changes to the above list along with any additions. Thanks!

The Coalition Community Team

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Backfilling in Horde Matchmaking
We want to remind people here that you can invite people from your friends list if someone drops off. We will continue looking into this but wanted to remind that this feature exists and also allows for the user who is being invited to understand what scenario they are about to enter.

For as good as horde is I can see it quickly dying off for pub games. It's suffering from the same problem as Gears 3 where people quit and then you slog on but you know it's a waste of time. If the ability to join mid-game exists (which it does) then just give people an option to do that and dump them in. They know what they're getting into. It isn't even like they're at a disadvantage either now there's a shared pool of money.

painey

simple solution for quitting early: you get 0 exp and 0 credits. If you're gunna waste other peoples time, you might as well have wasted your own.

J_Viper

Yeah just spam people on your friends list, great solution guys

The gameplay mechanics here are so incredible, and I'd hate for the population to die out due to such dumb decisions such as these

simple solution for quitting early: you get 0 exp and 0 credits. If you're gunna waste other peoples time, you might as well have wasted your own.
Nope.

Not everyone has time to play through fifty waves. Hell, I'd assume most people don't even want to.

painey

Not everyone has time to play through fifty waves. Hell, I'd assume most people don't even want to.

making a shorter option for horde is a different thing entirely to quitting horde after you get your bounty - and other game modes because you are losing.

Coming from games like CSGO/Rainbow Six I don't understand why there's not an option to rejoin a ranked match. If I disconnect by accident I shouldn't be penalized for that. Those games (on PC atleast) have like a 3 minute window where you can rejoin a match.

I'm not talking about killing someone who will obviously get up long before your teammate has a chance to travel across the map to finish him. Sure, context matters so I provided some. Watching your teammate down someone when you did nothing to earn the kill and then taking it is weak. I don't think it has anything to do with any honor code. Killing in this game is fun and if somebody earns that down I'm not going to take that away from them. Dick move imo.

Yeah when I first saw your post the context wasn't there, with the edit it definitely makes sense and that would be annoying as hell.

Voliko

Well, the new hammerburst was fun while it lasted. The ridiculously fast downs from across the map were so satisfying/infuriating. It really should have made it into the beta

Great. Thanks for posting that.

Seems kinda vague on the horde quitting issue tho

Most of the stuff listed was pretty vague. Hopefully they do fix the Gnasher in that update which sounds like it's coming sometime next month. Today was infuriating with the Gnasher sponges (even had a few people sponge Sniper head shots). Never had so many people sponge shots in a single gameplay session, since launch at least.

Just played an Escalation match with a couple friends. We made it through 12 rounds, our teammates had 11 and 10 kills respectively. When you can't even average a single kill per round in Escalation something is wrong.

Xyber

I guess I'm lame. I like being able to try out the new executions on the downs I earned. In a game based on gruesome and satisfying kills you'd be perfectly ok with me taking all of your downs from now on? I think you're full of crap if you say yes.

I don't care about scores or k/d. I'm not even totally sure where I'd find that info. I just enjoy finishing off my earned downs.

If we are talking about a really safe kill, then yes it can be annoying if someone just kills him right in front of you if you wanted to do some execution.

But I want people to shoot at anything that I down pretty much all the time, because there's so many times when you don't have the ammo or line of sight to finish people off when they get downed behind something. Instead of me having to run out in the open to quickly get that kill and perhaps get shot, I'd much rather someone else just take it.

It's not kill steal, it's kill secure.

Top Bottom