• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

This may not be a popular opinion, but I think Horde needs a short MM gametype that is 10 or 20 rounds. I really like horde, but I don't regularly have 2/3 hours of uninterrupted game time.

Xyber

I was placed in Silver 2 in both Koth and Dodgeball. I'm currently (W/L) 32/7 in Koth, and 57/13 in Dodgeball.

I'm still Silver 2 in both.

It seems kinda busted atm where some people just can't go up. My friend has also been stuck at silver 3 for a shitload of wins, but I haven't had any real proplems moving up to diamond and I'm sitting at a ~55% winrate.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
This may not be a popular opinion, but I think Horde needs a short MM gametype that is 10 or 20 rounds. I really like horde, but I don't regularly have 2/3 hours of uninterrupted game time.

people have been asking for this since Gears 3. I hope they continue working on the game like 343 do with Halo and they actually go back and refine some of these things. A short horde mode with a steeper ramp would be great. They should also add the ability to join public games in progress.

JB1981

This game is actually garbage.

I don't even know why I bother. Constantly shooting people multiple times point blank with the shotgun and I literally get nothing for it, while my opponent fucking flips around, 180 no scopes my dome and gets the kill 100% of the fucking time.

Like, shooting a guy point blank with an entire clip and having the game tell you that you got 10% damage in 5 hits is just fucking incredible.

Welcome to Gears of War multiplayer.

Are the mobs infinite during the
Swarmak fight??
(Act 4, Last Chapter Spoilers)

I'm playing with my friend on Insane and I was wondering if it was worth trying to
pick off all the drones, and then focus on the Swarmak pimples. The problem is that the swarm drones keep coming up to our platforms (we each post up in opposite side platforms where you hit the switches), and overwhelming us.

Also, did we make it harder on us by
activating all 4 switches before we started attacking the swarmak?

EL CUCO

^ yes, its way harder that way.
The generators have numbers for a reason

I recommend restarting the chapter. Happened to us as well. Big difference

3DShovel

Then you should now how inconsistent the Gnasher has been since the start..?

It's the biggest complaint I've seen for every single game.

So maybe the dev should get it right? Why should we excuse it because it's been shit every single game?

People like you make no sense.

They have not.

3DShovel

The gnasher's been about as consistent as it's ever been for me. That's probably not saying a lot but I'd say it's about as reliable as Gears 3.

I think for me, the thing that's keeping it from ever getting there is the fact that there are 2 different weapon balances in the game. Oh, and that stupid 'ghost ammo' thing.

Never had issues with the Gears 3 shotgun like I do in Gears 4.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished the campaign. I liked, but does anyone else agree that the first Gears one was overall better? I just finished it a few months back on the Ultimate edition.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Just rolling social versus and I found a group that was using mics and were pretty funny and we've been grouping up since. Today we played some private lobbies doing stuff like all snipers or shotties only and it was pretty damn fun.

For the shotgun, I think it feels solid but I still get hung up when I swap modes. When I was doing escalation it seemed like it took WAY more shots to get anything done and I was pretty much getting zero gibs. Though pre-active gnasher wrecks on both.

BHK3

Banned
fuck everything about Insane difficulty, I love how games are made hard for the sake of being fucking hard. You get shot WHILE IN COVER. You can peak out, shoot once, go back into cover, AND YOU WILL BE HURT.

I honestly don't want to play this until it's like patched or something. This has to be a fucking bug, it was bad before and now since insane doesnt even let you get downed you just straight die its fucking unfair. Gears 1 was bad on insane during fucking turret sections(a staple of video games breaking down on different difficulties) or on rails shit(the car and mine cart).

Now I can't even kill fucking DB's without using an entire clip on 1 enemy, you run out of ammo because of how tanky they are. Horde Insane is fucking easier because they give you skill cards that makes enemies explode and you a god.

Just finished the campaign. I liked, but does anyone else agree that the first Gears one was overall better? I just finished it a few months back on the Ultimate edition.
i felt the pacing in gears 1 was better but they nailed the intimate violence that was lost in 2 and 3.

Just finished the campaign on hardcore. Nothing stuck out as exceedingly difficult but I can see it being a pain in the ass on Insane if things are ratcheted up a few notches. Didn't get the stupid achivement for carrying the custom lancer for the whole game because I ran out of ammo and picked up a Hammerburst at the end of chapter 4 during that long ass fight and never picked it up. To think I only needed to hold it for another hour smh

All in all I thought the campaign was pretty good. Hopefully some of the locust enemies make it into horde mode. The first few rounds of DBs are a snooze fest

Madness

They need to improve the checkpoint system. Add in more and at better times and it'll make the campaign more enjoyable and actually decent to complete on Insane.

painey

I get more credits playing Horde on casual than hardcore, because it's so easy to get high performing ribbons.. wtf? the online system is a fiasco at the moment.

xVodevil

Hows online on Windows? I couldn't play one single match in UE, because of the NAT problems and shit...
If it's still crap, I hope it was worth 42€ for an nvidia promo code, the campaign still might be fun, though it better takes 8-10 hours at least.

AXE

I get more credits playing Horde on casual than hardcore, because it's so easy to get high performing ribbons.. wtf? the online system is a fiasco at the moment.

Usually I play on normal because I've found out that people stay the longest. On both Casual and Hardcore players leave quite often - AND the game doesn't refill those slots. Which, I think, is a abhorrently humongous flaw in the game. Not a dealbreaker, but very close.

Hows online on Windows? I couldn't play one single match in UE, because of the NAT problems and shit...
If it's still crap, I hope it was worth 42€ for an nvidia promo code, the campaign still might be fun, though it better takes 8-10 hours at least.

Online playing works good for me - besides not being able to join my friend's Xbox group and party chat.............. *grumble*

One could assume that playing on Horde Hardcore you would encounter reliable players. I always give the benefit of doubt to low level as it doesn't represent skill level and a lvl 1 can be as good as a level 50, but damn, I hate the people that expects you to play their game for them and if you do not do it they just quit (wave 5 or 11)

Yesterday I was playing (trying) to play some Horde. People go solo and if they go down and you don't revive them they quit, people (soldiers for instance) built their own turret and they don't care if the engineer can built it cheaper of healthier or if the Heavy class can do more damage with it or the fact that there is no need to use it in low numbered waves because of frisking expensive to reload it. That was just an example

One dude (Soldier class) was the whole time telling to the team: "we need friking money to reload my turret... c'mon reload my turret' etc He spent the whole time hang in there w/o moving. We maybe not fast enough according to him because he just bought the repair tool for himself. Twice (because he did during the boss wave)

Really people, respect the classes and play for the team, it really makes Horde a lot easier (I've completed it with random which played it like intended).
Now, I please don't tell me everybody can play the game as they pleased because you are right and that annoys me even more :)

nOoblet16

Do we have a Discord or something along the lines for PC? Just got this game on PC and looking for some GAFers to play matchmaking/horde with.
Yes we do, it's for both Xbox and PC, have about 28 people so far.

But I am surprised that absolutely no one here replied to you or is interested in joining the discord channel (apart from the ones who already have). Seems like people just ignore my post about discord lol...I even asked for it to be included in OP but never happened.

I've created a discord server open to both xbox and pc players for general stuff and LFG.

Quote for invitation link

Edit: Updated to make the invitation infinite use with no expiry.

autolesbona

Neo Member

I don't even know why I bother. Constantly shooting people multiple times point blank with the shotgun and I literally get nothing for it, while my opponent fucking flips around, 180 no scopes my dome and gets the kill 100% of the fucking time.

Like, shooting a guy point blank with an entire clip and having the game tell you that you got 10% damage in 5 hits is just fucking incredible.

I'm having this issue with the shotgun. It seems more prevalent in some matches than others though

Loomba

Got the colour blast DB from an operational pack, pretty much the only swarm skin I didn't want (looks ridiculous) and the only character skin I've gotten in over 15 hours.

Really don't like how these packs are done, but I guess I should be happy I got something at all.

enemy2k

Has anyone who participated in the PayPal preorder promotion received their $10 code yet? Hoping it comes soon, want to use it towards Battlefield 1!

vort3x

Finally made ONYX last night in TDM whoop whoop. I'm stuck at Gold 2 in Dodgeball but that's because I haven't played it in awhile. I don't think it's based on Win/Loss. It might be based on total points you get at the end of the game. I don't think it matters if you win or lose because i played mostly with randoms in the beginning and was put in Gold 2 off the bat. I lost about 3 or 4 of my placement games but I believe I was usually in 1st place or close in all the games.

J-Roderton

Got the colour blast DB from an operational pack, pretty much the only swarm skin I didn't want (looks ridiculous) and the only character skin I've gotten in over 15 hours.

Really don't like how these packs are done, but I guess I should be happy I got something at all.

I finally got enough credits to snag an operations pack and I ended up with not one, but two emblems...Country emblems...

Theorry

bk20d6ywort8ngjsxroxznlb2u.jpg

Xyber

So maybe the dev should get it right? Why should we excuse it because it's been shit every single game?

People like you make no sense.

They have not.

When did I ever excuse it?

It's been my main complaint as well, I wish they could just get it right. But for some damn reason that hasn't happened yet, so I assume it's not as easy to fix as you might want it to be

Xater

Yeah some of that bullshit that still happens is frustrating and kinda what is making me stop playing now. Also their terrible progression system. It's nice that there are rewards but the implementation is just terrible. Back to Forza and BF1 I go for now.

Ricker

So just noticed I got codes for all the 360 Gears,for 1 to Judgement...not sure if those are the enhanced version from the remake they did or the originals(are those even on the backward comp thing,guessing not) so if anyone wants one,quote this and tell me which one you want.

m23

So just noticed I got codes for all the 360 Gears,for 1 to Judgement...not sure if those are the enhanced version from the remake they did or the originals(are those even on the backward comp thing,guessing not) so if anyone wants one,quote this and tell me which one you want.

It's the originals, and they're all backwards compatible.

GWX

Gears 3 plz!

KissVibes

Banned
I too have more codes for the four Gears games to give out. I already own all four via Gears UE

PM me if you want one.

One per person.

BraXzy

I started the campaign co-op with a buddy last night.

Played through all of Act 1 and half of Act 2.

Unfortunately very unimpressed with the start. There's some real cool visuals on display at times, but the level design and combat encounters were awfully bad. I get that you want to introduce players to new concepts but it felt like a 3 hour tutorial.

Really hoping the game picks up now!

Hey, can I have the key for Judgement? It's the only one I don't have on BC and I've never played it before. Would be cool to see People Can Fly's take on Gears. Thanks!

Grisby

Definitely. I've played Horde for about 4 matches, but always have to bow out at some point (after a boss wave and really only after another guy or two has left), but I always feel bad.

I'm just waiting for Sunday to try again when maybe I can go the full 50.
New wallpaper get. Thanks!

Top Bottom