• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

On the last chapter at the moment. This game went from "pretty good" to "This is awesome" about the time the swarm showed up, and since halfway through ActIII-beginning of IV has been slowly going back down. I'm bugged by co-op yanking me all over the damn place to load me into new areas when my teammate is 5 feet in front of me. I hate that all the bigger enemies are cool in design, but boring as hell to fight. But most of all, I'm let down that most of this game is just "Let's go find this person." Then "Now let's go find this person!" I'm near the end, and feel like plot-wise I should be near the beginning still. Nothing has really happened. The ending to this game is going to make it or break it for me.

painey

I went for a bit of a test drive in my new car and ended up near Walmart. Popped in and bought 3 party pizzas and ended up with Zombie JD skin, Zombie Lancer and Zombie JD bounty card.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Quick question if anyone can answer.

Are the 4 game codes which came with Gears 4 of the original titles (1,2,3,Judgement) on region free?

brawly

How much longer do I have to fight these robots? I'd rather watch paint dry at this point.

At chapter II.3 at the moment.

not sure this or the performance thread would be the right place, but seeif ya can help me: im trying to download Gears, but it always get stuck on 9,96gb, and i needt to constantly pause and resume to i can download 20mb more. any fixes i could try?

not sure this or the performance thread would be the right place, but seeif ya can help me: im trying to download Gears, but it always get stuck on 9,96gb, and i needt to constantly pause and resume to i can download 20mb more. any fixes i could try?

You need to clean the Poozers out of your Ziltoidian router. Then pour the finest coffee onto your Xbox.

lol. it's actually on pc.

You need to clean the Poozers out of your Ziltoidian router. Then pour the finest coffee onto your PC.

giphy.gif

i love these devin jokes, but please help

Honestly, I think you might have problems downloading right now due to the online DDOS attack. It's affecting PSN, Xbox Live, EA servers, Netflix etc.

brawly

Wow, just played the
motorcycle
mission. I'm sure that sounded great on paper but that was abysmal.

Reminded me of some PS2 game in a new coat.

giphy.gif

Honestly, I think you might have problems downloading right now due to the online DDOS attack. It's affecting PSN, Xbox Live, EA servers, Netflix etc.
could be the case. i'll try the exploit some found to download Forza. it that doesnt work, i'll try to download tomorrow. thanks :D
tumblr_ncqp17cM8t1qzuosqo1_500.gif

There's also the fact that the Windows Store is trash unfortunately and people have had tons of issues with it, with I believe a few users in this thread reporting they couldn't get the game to download after hours/days of trying.
well, there were reports of users having their downloads restarting. my problem it that it just gets stuck on 9,96gb, making me need to pause and resume just so it can download 20mb. so far the same exploit for Forza is working fine, and at max speed. we'll see in a few hours what happens.

There's also the fact that the Windows Store is trash unfortunately and people have had tons of issues with it, with I believe a few users in this thread reporting they couldn't get the game to download after hours/days of trying.

Moofers

Holy moly, engineers are boring to play as.

Swap out the Enforcer for something long range. I always use a longshot or embar so that I can actually partake in the killing. It usually isn't until well past wave 30 that things get intense enough that I need to solely focus on repairs.

Bingo. I swap out my shotgun for an Embar asap and then when I can get my hands on a Lancer I get rid of the Enforcer. Enforcer is a tight weapon for when you want to just run up on fools, but after wave 20 its time to put that thing down permanently and get something with longer reach.

Engineers are invaluable to a team. The repair efficiency skill combined with discounts and health boosts for barriers and turrets make a big difference on the team's pocketbook.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I want to blame my inability to find a match on the attacks happening. PC version, matchmaking times out 4 times. Amazing community on PC. Thanks for cutting cross play, great decision guys.

Leyasu

Banned
Another evening where I haven't touched horde. I can't believe that the versus has hooked me like this. I need a horde squad and I need to get used to 30fps as well.

I hope that they give us a 1080/60 option on Scorpio for gears going forward.

jediyoshi

How much longer do I have to fight these robots? I'd rather watch paint dry at this point.

At chapter II.3 at the moment.

It turns into a regular gears game eventually. It's pretty bizarre how disjointed the early chapters are from the rest of the game.

JB1981

Wow, just played the
motorcycle
mission. I'm sure that sounded great on paper but that was abysmal.

Reminded me of some PS2 game in a new coat.

Absolutely terrible. I'm a little past that bit and the campaign thus far has been thoroughly mediocre

painey

Just lost a 5v3 Arms Race match after being 1-0 up when it was 5v5. I was grasping the controller so tight I damn near crushed it.

J_Viper

Really gotta give The Coalition props for the how the guns feel and sound. There's a weight to shooting here that I haven't felt from a game in a while. The audio is top notch.

This destroys Doom in that regard, for sure.

vort3x

Is there a sound glitch on the frags when they're thrown? Whenever I hear one it sounds miles away and then I blow up.

The positional sound is trash in general. Headshots across map are right next to you, footsteps of enemies are non existent. It was worse in the beta but it's still pretty fn bad.

Just lost a 5v3 Arms Race match after being 1-0 up when it was 5v5. I was grasping the controller so tight I damn near crushed it.

I've lost way too many games where the enemy team was down a man to know that most people don't take it serious because they think "oh, it's 5v4 we won easy" and start playing dumb as shit and making mistakes. Just the other day I had an escalation match like that with a friend and I told him "stop, we didn't win anything" and surprise, we almost lost because everyone was fucking around.

I can't imagine a 5v3, people probably start playing with their feet.

leng jai

Both the on rails set pieces were terrible, especially the bike one. That one in particular just felt off, like the bike had no weight to it and was magnetised to the ground.

So, I just got the game on PC, but I seem to have problems getting into a match. I wait anywhere between 5-7 mins before I get message saying "matchmaking timed out." This is very infuriating as I didn't pay 60$ to stare at a screen for 25 mins to not play online. Is there something wrong with the servers? Any ideas what the issue could be? I play all my other games just fine btw.

NG28

So, I just got the game on PC, but I seem to have problems getting into a match. I wait anywhere between 5-7 mins before I get message saying "matchmaking timed out." This is very infuriating as I didn't pay 60$ to stare at a screen for 25 mins to not play online. Is there something wrong with the servers? Any ideas what the issue could be? I play all my other games just fine btw.

What match types are you trying to join? I've had no problems with social quickplay.

What match types are you trying to join? I've had no problems with social quickplay.

Mainly competitive, but I can't join any matches at all.

I invited my brother who has the Xbox one version and it said I can't play with him due to different platforms. I thought this was cross platform tho?

BHK3

Banned
Really gotta give The Coalition props for the how the guns feel and sound. There's a weight to shooting here that I haven't felt from a game in a while. The audio is top notch.

This destroys Doom in that regard, for sure.
Doom seems to have the same poor audio mixing as wolfenstein did.

Top Bottom