• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

malfcn

anyone else love the torque bow as much as me?

hqHo6.gif

I like a nice shot at my own feet and a sprint to kill someone following me.

jediyoshi

Those who have this on PC prefer mouse and keyboard or controller?

I played campaign with a controller on PC because that's more Gears to me, but for MP it seems very silly to give up that advantage.

Both the on rails set pieces were terrible, especially the bike one. That one in particular just felt off, like the bike had weight to it and was magnetised to the ground.

Between the feel and graphics it was underwhelming. It's especially the case when you can directly contrast it to genuinely impressive set pieces further on in the game.

NG28

I'm kind of conflicted on which to use. Mouse is obviously easier to aim, but I feel like movement is easier with controller, which kind of is a huge part of the game. Maybe I just need to get used to keyboard movement as I've been playing Gears with controller for so long.

J-Roderton

Man, putting in so many hours playing horde sniper class has me straight up knockin heads in versus with the long shot and embar.

Jobbs

Banned
I could watch this robot worker thing all day. The attention to detail is spectacular. TC has some great artists.

bOM14Tx.gif

Captured from XB1

Justinh

I could watch this robot worker thing all day. The attention to detail is spectacular. TC has some great artists.

http://i.imgur.com/bOM14Tx.gif

Captured from XB1

Yeah seriously. I remember the second time I went through the campaign I was just studying it for a while. I was trying to get a good angle to look at the smaller robot in the cockpit from the side and behind.

I've been taking a break from this game for a few days. I think I needed it. Me and an online buddy were doing an insane run and after oh... maybe 6 hours we're only in Act 2.

After respawning so often sometimes I'd get careless...
v79UtQD.gif

I am not look forward to the Act 3 apologies, it's the end of act 4spoilers:
Swarmek fight.

BHK3

Banned
Hey TC your elite packs are super expensive and not worth it. This is my very first opening of the elite pack after saving up a ton and I want my credits back. This couldve been a lot of horde packs for me since thats all I play. I only want a DB thats not covered in crayola and the day of the dead Kait

6bc3d95501.jpg

Sincerly, BHK3.

Xyber

Mainly competitive, but I can't join any matches at all.

I invited my brother who has the Xbox one version and it said I can't play with him due to different platforms. I thought this was cross platform tho?

Unfortunately the competitive playlist is pretty much dead on PC. I haven't been able to find a single one. TDM is the only ranked playlist I can constantly find games in.

iavi

bOM14Tx.gif

Captured from XB1

That IQ is insane. And it's 1080p as well too.

Can we seriously have UE4s TXAA for everything on everything

So completeing Wave 30-40 on Hardcore netted me 469 credits.

The Insane bounty seems way underpaid, even more than I thought. Only 500 credits for 50 waves when I nearly got that for 10 waves on an easier difficulty..

Unfortunately the competitive playlist is pretty much dead on PC. I haven't been able to find a single one. TDM is the only ranked playlist I can constantly find games in.

that's unfortunate. game plays very well, and is very polished from what i can tell. Hopefully they allow cross play soon.

So I've finally gotten to play this game. This is my first Xbox console and my first Gears experience. I'm amazed. This game is sooooo awesome so far. Fuck.

painey

The Insane bounty seems way underpaid, even more than I thought. Only 500 credits for 50 waves when I nearly got that for 10 waves on an easier difficulty..

It seems they upped the credits payout? I got 150+ for 2 complete 10 rounds whereas I got 70ish normally.. although I did get more points these rounds

So many matches tonight where everyone was complaining about lag while teleporting everywhere and other matches that would suddenly end with everyone just running straight into walls. Yeesh.

I am not look forward to the Act 3 spoilers:
Swarmek fight.
That's Act 4. I just got there. My first play through is Solo Insane and I've put 19 hours in (have only played Campaign). Some of those encounters on Insane are borderline unfair; it's almost as The Coalition said, "how can make the player encounter General Raam on Insane type fights, oh, about 20 times throughout the game?"

How does that work? Did you got a 5th level and gain 69 credits? Normal pays out in the 50s to 60s per 10th wave. Seems way too high

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Horde payout increase and I unlocked armored Cole from a operation pack, today has started off good.

Xater

All of the bounties that get you credits have a way too low payout, especially for the effort you need to put in.

nOoblet16

Defeated multiple teams full of Onyx and Diamond yesterday, only lost once or twice against an Onyx/Diamond team.

Still stuck on Silver 3, been here since a week.

Wut?

Top Bottom