• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Bessy67

If I quit Horde mode with strangers online, will it fill my spot? I feel bad leaving after we beat 30 if it won't fill my spot.
No, there's no join in progress. I think they can invite someone else to the game though. I really hate this because I love horde but I don't always have time to do it and I feel guilty leaving early.

My name is carry hard, for some reason I keep getting low skilled players thereby preventing me from reaching higher rank cause I've been stuck at Silver 3 for a week now.

aO3x0IWh.jpg

d18Q4Xch.jpg

Are you on pc? Because only social playlist gets games it's so annoying.

Really hating the DeeBees. Luckily I'm on Chapter 3 now. The motorcycle section was really disappointing, the lack of player agency and how linear it was in general sucked a lot of fun out of it.

Campaign is a 4/5 out of 10 for me so far.

J_Viper

Damn. I feel like a real dick now . . .

Don't, blame The Coalition.

Gears 3 was over five years ago, that didn't have join-in-progress either. One would think that's something TC would've looked into.

I'd just be upset if the player-base for this is killed due to their own incompetence. It's such a great game.

Well, that campaign ending was very abrupt...felt like it was missing another cutscene after the last one.

EDIT: just read an explanation of the ending and I retract that statement lol

Space_nut

Really hating the DeeBees. Luckily I'm on Chapter 3 now. The motorcycle section was really disappointing, the lack of player agency and how linear it was in general sucked a lot of fun out of it.

I was like that until I started Act 3. You're in for a treat

Well, that campaign ending was very abrupt...felt like it was missing another cutscene after the last one.

EDIT: just read an explanation of the ending and I retract that statement lol

Haha, yeah, it's assuming you recognise the
other symbol as the Locust's insignia. I think the heaps of Locust weapons with it on in Act 4 were supposed to jog people's memories.

sam777

Just finished the campaign by myself on insane and surprisingly at no poibt did I get really stuck, the difficulty was just right. One question
did that necklace belong to the Queen?

sam777

It picks up once you get to act 3 and beyond.

Just finished the campaign by myself on insane and surprisingly at no poibt did I get really stuck, the difficulty was just right. One question

Ending spoilers:
Yeah, it was Reyna's mother's necklace so Queen Myrrah was Reyna's mum.

Space_nut

I think it belong to her mother but I'm not sure if they explained how her mother got it. My guess the queen locust gave it to her

Haha, yeah, it's assuming you recognise the
other symbol as the Locust's insignia. I think the heaps of Locust weapons with it on in Act 4 were supposed to jog people's memories.
Definitely didn't notice it during the game but
yeah specifically Kate's possible connection to Queen Myrrah my mind is blown

Finally finished the campaign last night on insane with my buddy. 26 FUCKING HOURS. 8 or 9 of those hours were on the Act 4 final boss.

I can't believe I'm gonna say this but...I'm really interested in the story for the next Gears game. What an ending!

sg33WFq.jpg

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
So is there some kind of known issue on PC with matchmaking? I have not been able to get into one matchmade game.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
because no one really plays on PC.

When I play execution I basically play with the same 20 people, very rarely do I ever see a name I don't recognize.

I doubt there are less than 10 people trying to play gears right now. I cannot find a match in ANY mode, through any playlist. Except TDM. Fuck TDM.

I doubt there are less than 10 people trying to play gears right now. I cannot find a match in ANY mode, through any playlist. Except TDM. Fuck TDM.

TDM is going to be the most popular mode by default. It's the most popular mode in any game.

I gave up on trying to find a match in any playlist. I don't think there's an issue at all, there's just not 10 people searching for dodgeball or escalation on PC.

because no one really plays on PC.

When I play execution I basically play with the same 20 people, very rarely do I ever see a name I don't recognize.

Holy fucking shit the pvp in this game is already dead on pc. I don't own a xbone but I was very weary about buying it on pc because of this reason.

Holy fucking shit the pvp in this game is already dead on pc. I don't own a xbone but I was very weary about buying it on pc because of this reason.

TDM and Social are more populated, but it's to be expected. Only someone that's been playing Gears since the first game would probably still be playing execution. Then on top of that it's a Windows Store exclusive..

This was never going to be a popular game on PC.

Apenheul

I finished it on hardcore last weekend in co-op, me playing on Xbox One and a friend on PC. Gears 4 is tied with Gears 1 for best campaign IMO, fantastic work by The Coalition.

emrober5

I really disliked Act 1 and 2, dee bees are not Gears, but Act 3 was pretty good. I just started Act 4 and I'm hoping it keeps getting better.

Right now I'd give it a 6/10, just because of those weak acts...the prologue was pretty great though.

I get depressed when the other team is ridiculous good...

I get enraged when my team is ridiculously new to the game, and I'm the one carrying the team....

Mix both of these, and what do you get? Me quitting the game after three games, thats what.

Justinh

That's Act 4. I just got there. My first play through is Solo Insane and I've put 19 hours in (have only played Campaign). Some of those encounters on Insane are borderline unfair; it's almost as The Coalition said, "how can make the player encounter General Raam on Insane type fights, oh, about 20 times throughout the game?"
Whoops. You're right. I couldn't remember so I just googled it. I guess I got an unreliable result. Hopefully my mistake didn't ruin it for anyone or something.
Finally finished the campaign last night on insane with my buddy. 26 FUCKING HOURS. 8 or 9 of those hours were on the Act 4 final boss.
Man, this thing... Again, I'm really not looking forward to this part...

brawly

What's the name of that single shot rifle? The one with like four rounds per mag.

Anyway, that weapon is pretty dope and strong af, especially midrange, hell even close range. Weird how nobody uses it.

TaterTots

Banned
Anyone else using kb/m on PC? It took me a little while to get use to the movement of Gears with a kb, but at times I feel like I have a weird advantage over the slow controller movement I'm up against.

Miker

Anyone else using kb/m on PC? It took me a little while to get use to the movement of Gears with a kb, but at times I feel like I have a weird advantage over the slow controller movement I'm up against.

I am. Aiming feels so tight and lining up shots is so natural that I find myself overextending in Horde and end up getting downed because none of my teammates are there to back me up.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I am. Aiming feels so tight and lining up shots is so natural that I find myself overextending in Horde and end up getting downed because none of my teammates are there to back me up.

That's because you should be by the fabricator. It's your own fault.

SlickVic

Damn. I feel like a real dick now . . .

I wouldn't. Horde mode is fantastic fun, but 50 waves of it can be a big time commitment over several hours, and getting stuck on a boss wave can quickly get tiring. There's no reason to continue to slog through it if you feel you've hit your limit for the day, and are simply no longer having fun playing it.

I can't really think of a good reason why Coalition didn't want to allow the option of mid-game joining in horde mode. If certain people are against it then simply put a setting toggle in Options to prevent a player from matchmaking into an in-progress Horde mode match. As it stands, there are a lot of public matches where people drop out well before even hitting the halfway point of Horde. It's certainly unfortunate for the folks who stay in the match, but at the same time, I don't think it's fair to force people to keep playing purely out of a sense of 'obligation' rather than 'enjoyment'.

Don't punish yourself for a design decision the developer could have corrected by allowing someone willing to take your place in the match.

Top Bottom