• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Best Buy, damn you. You tell me the order shipped this afternoon but don't allow me to track the package until tomorrow, when it's supposed to be here.

Well played BB, well played.
If they gave you a tracking number, it'll be trackable once it actually leaves the warehouse. They always give that 24 hour number no matter what.

��

N5invS9l.jpg

Why did you take a picture on top of a dead sheep? I guess it's fitting though.

FaintDeftone

I have the standard Xbox One version preordered at Gamestop via their 20% extra trade-in credit deal. They wouldn't let me preorder the digital version though so I could get it on PC too. If I used the credit for digital currency cards I would have missed out on a lot of bonus credit. I wonder if they'll let me swap physical to digital when I pick it up...

Tecnniqe

Banned
:3 mfw I need to go to work in a few hours and won't be back for at least 10h
Y9nP9ge.jpg

Perhaps I need to use a store outside the US one to get the game earlier next time :3

I have the standard Xbox One version preordered at Gamestop via their 20% extra trade-in credit deal. They wouldn't let me preorder the digital version though so I could get it on PC too. If I used the credit for digital currency cards I would have missed out on a lot of bonus credit. I wonder if they'll let me swap physical to digital when I pick it up...
Cancel the preorder today. They can't do anything about it and all they can see through their end is what you paid down. They dont know if you used a trade-in promo toward it unless you tell them.

After that just buy xbox money with the trade-credit they will give back.

Nice OT, subbed.

Picking up ue tomorrow. Looking forward to a 60 minute install followed by an 11 gig update.

My body is ready....... my patience is not......

Bossniak

Is it possible to upgrade to the ultimate edition version if I bought the standard to get access to the early release?

any way of downloading hte day one patch BEFORE my disc gets home? Just ridiculous that I need to wait a long time after I get the game for install and update.

FaintDeftone

Cancel the preorder today. They can't do anything about it and all they can see through their end is what you paid down. They dont know if you used a trade-in promo toward it unless you tell them.

After that just buy xbox money with the trade-credit they will give back.

I figured they wouldn't let me do that since I used a promo. I'll see if I can go back later today and get a new employee who would be more helpful. The guy I had was terrible. Thanks for the tip!

I pre-ordered the Ultimate edition, I downloaded the game successfully to my Xbox one but when I try to download it to the PC from the windows 10 store it tells me something on their end, wont let it download... Is anyone else having this issue.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I pre-ordered the Ultimate edition, I downloaded the game successfully to my Xbox one but when I try to download it to the PC from the windows 10 store it tells me something on their end, wont let it download... Is anyone else having this issue.

Yep. Had the same. Gonna try again tonight after I get home from work.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?

This happened to me too and it was because one of my hard drives was full, i made room, and still got that message. I ended up restarting and that seemed to fix it.

Malo

Banned
I'm getting really tempted to cancel my standard edition and get the ultimate edition.

Must resist...

I hate that my wife threw this ugly rug in my gaming room. I've spilled tons of things so I guess it works

lol, don't sweat it bub. I was just joshing around. I actually just went rug shopping because of an area of the carpet directly in front of my sit stand setup for my PC that I constantly pace forward and backward at now and it's causing a spot to form. So your rug is doing it's work lol.

dLMN8R

"Something happened on our end" is a bug some people are hitting that'll be fixed soon.

In the meantime you should be able to work around it by doing the following:

1) Navigate to the bundle page in the store for the bundle you ordered (standard edition preorder bundle or ultimate edition preorder bundle)
2) From the bundle page, do not go to the standalone Gears 4 page. Instead, go straight to "My Library" - you should be able to click Manage to do this
3) From "My library" click the download arrow next to gears of war 4

"Something happened on our end" is a bug some people are hitting that'll be fixed soon.

1) Navigate to the bundle page in the store for the bundle you ordered (standard edition preorder bundle or ultimate edition preorder bundle)
2) From the bundle page, do not go to the standalone Gears 4 page. Instead, go straight to "My Library" - you should be able to click Manage to do this

Did that already and still the same issue, something might really shitting the bed from their end.

MCD

Not trying to knock you guys but why is the team constantly having problems with downloads?

And you should really make Xbox app do the downloads for Xbox games. Make it as future proof as Steam eg show fps toggle for all Xbox games for starters.

Novocaine

Every achievement that's popped so far is doing the rare diamond thing.

Only been able to find 1-2 other people that want to play Horde right now. Might give it a rest and try tomorrow. Need to sleep anyway.

dLMN8R

Not trying to knock you guys but why is the team constantly having problems with downloads?

And you should really make Xbox app do the downloads for Xbox games. Make it as future proof as Steam eg show fps toggle for all Xbox games for starters.

I'm not going to speak to why problems exist. I'm simply trying to get people un-stuck.

If you look at the wider stats, the vast majority of customers are having zero issues downloading. For ReCore, Halo Forge, Forza, and now Gears the success rates are very high overall, and it's a huge audience of people.

People who have problems are the most likely to report those problems, which is completely the right thing to do. And our job is to figure out why those problems are happening, and fix them ASAP.

Top Bottom