• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

MCD

I'm not going to speak to why problems exist. I'm simply trying to get people un-stuck.

If you look at the wider stats, the vast majority of customers are having zero issues downloading. For ReCore, Halo Forge, Forza, and now Gears the success rates are very high overall, and it's a huge audience of people.

People who have problems are the most likely to report those problems, which is completely the right thing to do. And our job is to figure out why those problems are happening, and fix them ASAP.

Problem is, store had these downloading problems evee since Win8. It got million times better with Win10 anniversary but with these huge games now the store must be more responsive. And more importantly, more flexible. E.g. offer multiple game library locations like Steam. A prompt when you hit the cancel button by mistake.

You don't the luxury to play catch-up in the PC space imo.

Ok.. quick question. I have GCU but don't have an Xbox One. Am I able to buy the Xbox One version and still play on my PC?

Does GCU apply to digital purchases? If yes then you can buy a digital code and get both versions. If not, physical copies do not get the PC version.

dLMN8R

Problem is, store had these downloading problems evee since Win8. It got million times better with Win10 anniversary but with these huge games now the store must be more responsive. And more importantly, more flexible. E.g. offer multiple game library locations like Steam. A prompt when you hit the cancel button by mistake.

You don't the luxury to play catch-up in the PC space imo.

No one is unaware of this. It's simply that every new game has exposed different problems, it's not the same problems now as were encountered previously. Fix one thing, something new pops up. Fix that, something new pops up. Even if it looks similar to you, it's probably something different under the covers.

Right now just trying to get those who are stuck past this so they can play the game.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Wait, the game doesn't come out tonight for everyone?

And I suspect cancelling my standard version to buy the UE will force me to redownload...
I don't see why it would as it probably only removes the license.
I refunded FH3 ultimate and bought it again (fix VIP issue) and all it did was add a new license. No download or anything.

When I refunded it did tell me I needed a game license upon pressing Play and to purchase it in the store.

Don't see why gears would be different.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know when this unlocks on xbox in the UK? Seeing people say 11PM but the store says midnight

No. There's a physical version of the Ultimate Edition as well. That releases on 10/7 as well.

kewl!

So, should I just skip Gears3?

Reason I ask is because while I have it on BC XB1 right now, it constantly freezes and I can't even finish the first mission. It's known issue that's being looked into FYI

Should I just press and jump right into 4? I wasn't really ever crazy into Gears' Lore or anything....

I've been watching ActaBunniFooFoo stream the campaign on insane all day and man does this campaign look fun and really fucking challenging on insane. Says it reminds him of Gears 1 on insane challenging which gets me really hyped. When a pack of Juvies start rushing you it looks terrifying.

I've been watching ActaBunniFooFoo stream the campaign on insane all day and man does this campaign look fun and really fucking challenging on insane. Says it reminds him of Gears 1 on insane challenging which gets me really hyped. When a pack of Juvies start rushing you it looks terrifying.

I have fond memories of raging at RAAM on solo Insane. Good to hear it's tough.

kewl!

So, should I just skip Gears3?

Reason I ask is because while I have it on BC XB1 right now, it constantly freezes and I can't even finish the first mission. It's known issue that's being looked into FYI

Should I just press and jump right into 4? I wasn't really ever crazy into Gears' Lore or anything....

If you aren't really all that interested in the story, I guess. But Gears 3 is the best of the franchise so far gameplay and setpiece wise and does the most to move the story along. To the point that I'm not sure how much sense Gears 4 will make if you played 1 or 2 but skipped 3. It's worth playing regardless.

TaterTots

Banned
So, I watched a streamer play through the campaign. It kind of ends abruptly. I wouldn't doubt if that irked reviewers lol.

Majine

Banned
YOAFv0B.jpg

This triggers my OCD so bad.

For anyone who ordered the Digital Ultimate Edition from Amazon, did you receive the season pass code or the other extra codes yet?

The amount of fun I'm having watch ActaBunniFooFoo fight the swarm compared to the DeeBees is very noticeable. I hope the DeeBees being an enemy are a 1 game thing because fighting monsters just looks way more fun.

iFirez

Have a TV commercial final edit deadline tomorrow so no Gears for me until late tomorrow night but it should be a fairly Gears filled weekend for me.

Theorry

The amount of fun I'm having watch ActaBunniFooFoo fight the swarm compared to the DeeBees is very noticeable. I hope the DeeBees being an enemy are a 1 game thing because fighting monsters just looks way more fun.

I dont know. I really like the difference between them. Creates some variation in gameplay.

I got my Elite controller today. Feels really good. I might try it out in the Gears 1 UE while I'm waiting tonight. I'm not sure what the best configuration for it is though. Need to do some testing. I love how customizable it is.

I got my Elite controller today. Feels really good. I might try it out in the Gears 1 UE while I'm waiting tonight. I'm not sure what the best configuration for it is though. Need to do some testing. I love how customizable it is.

The Elite is a game changer really. But not for Gears. The pads jeopardize a fast paced game experience in my opinion. Locking the trigger though is awesome for shooters. Great acquisition.

I dont know. I really like the difference between them. Creates some variation in gameplay.

Yeah the variation in gameplay is solid but the craziness and how terrifying it gets when a pack of juvies rush you or a pouncher jumps on you and mauls you just brings everything to 11. It just looks more fun to me.

The Elite is a game changer really. But not for Gears. The pads jeopardize a fast paced game experience in my opinion. Locking the trigger though is awesome for shooters. Great acquisition.

For me the Tournament Control scheme they introduced was already a game changer. Swapping the A and LB makes wall bouncing and general movement much better because you don't have to move your right thumb off of the stick. Also I'm looking forward to trying it out on some PC games. I found gaming on my PC with a controller was a great experience.

I just want my amazon ue copy to give me shipping info. that's all i want in the world right now mostly because I took the day off for it lol.

For me the Tournament Control scheme they introduced was already a game changer. Swapping the A and LB makes wall bouncing and general movement much better because you don't have to move your right thumb off of the stick. Also I'm looking forward to trying it out on some PC games. I found gaming on my PC with a controller was a great experience.

Bumper jumper is in Gears now??!!

j-wood

Will the ultimate edition still be available for purchase at a later date? Just not sure I can swing the funds right now, but I want to get the full gears collection and the season pass :(

Caayn

It's pretty cool that you can see on what platform another player is. (At least I assume that's what the PC icon next to some players mean).

If you aren't really all that interested in the story, I guess. But Gears 3 is the best of the franchise so far gameplay and setpiece wise and does the most to move the story along. To the point that I'm not sure how much sense Gears 4 will make if you played 1 or 2 but skipped 3. It's worth playing regardless.

Okay, I'll just wait until the BC version is fixed then :)

Top Bottom