• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

JimiNutz

Banned
The amount of fun I'm having watch ActaBunniFooFoo fight the swarm compared to the DeeBees is very noticeable. I hope the DeeBees being an enemy are a 1 game thing because fighting monsters just looks way more fun.

Yeah I haven't really liked what I've seen of the DeeBees.

Firstly I think the lack of gore is a big turn off for me. The gore is what makes Gears combat so satisfying and even though they are robots I still feel like they could have added some white android blood (Aliens style).

Secondly I really hope they add some kind of big robot bosses! Robot enemies allow for them to get really creative with different model types and interesting bosses but so far everything I've seen of the DeeBees looks very tame and not particularly interesting.

The amount of fun I'm having watch ActaBunniFooFoo fight the swarm compared to the DeeBees is very noticeable. I hope the DeeBees being an enemy are a 1 game thing because fighting monsters just looks way more fun.
I haven't fought the creatures yet, but the robots are pretty interesting to fight so far, only finished act 1 though.

Courage

Is there a workaround for the extremely slow Windows Store download speeds? It's been stuck on 42 GB for quite some time now.

I haven't fought the creatures yet, but the robots are pretty interesting to fight so far, only finished act 1 though.

Well, I am watching him play on insane which might hurt the viewer experience for fighting DeeBees because typically you end up having to use the DeeBee weapons. Which means you're using the enforcer or overkill a lot and those guns are only good for close combat which you generally want to avoid on insane.

lmfao, Windows Store has no way to refund a pre-order outside of contacting support.

I asked if I could get standard edition upgraded to ultimate, took 20 mins for the person to finally figure out that I couldn't. So I just asked for a refund, and it seems that idea never occurred to either the support person or the games department support person she contacted.

Yikes.

If you ordered the Ultimate edition at the Shanghai store, you are able to play it for 5 hours now. Thats what I did and enjoying it a lot right now.
I'm about to have to do this. Is there a decent list of directions on how to do it somewhere?

Are there any caveats to doing it this way? I'll be able to play find on my account from both Xbox One and PC without changing regions or anything like that later on down the line, right?

Montresor

lmfao, Windows Store has no way to refund a pre-order outside of contacting support.

I asked if I could get standard edition upgraded to ultimate, took 20 mins for the person to finally figure out that I couldn't. So I just asked for a refund, and it seems that idea never occurred to either the support person or the games department support person she contacted.

Yikes.

I'm about to have to do this. Is there a decent list of directions on how to do it somewhere?

Are there any caveats to doing it this way? I'll be able to play find on my account from both Xbox One and PC without changing regions or anything like that later on down the line, right?

Is this an actual problem? PSN and XBL don't have a way of issuing a refund without contacting support. It's not unusual...

Do Origin and Steam let you get refunds without contacting support?

Jharp

two quick questions for PC:

1. Does boxed Bone version come with a code for PC or is it digital only?
2. Can PC version local co op send an image to two different monitors so gf can play on TV with controller and I can play on monitor with mouse/keyboard?

two quick questions for PC:

1. Does boxed Bone version come with a code for PC or is it digital only?
2. Can PC version local co op send an image to two different monitors so gf can play on TV with controller and I can play on monitor with mouse/keyboard?
To the first question, no. Only digital copy comes with a PC version.

Yikes.

Get gifts card from the Shanghai Microsoft store. I think you need 1x $50, 4x$20 (Shanghai dollar) gift cards. Change your console to Shanghai, redeem the gift cards and buy the game. Voila, you can play.

SenkiDala

Sorry maybe not the best place to ask that but I'm new on this "XBOX Play Anywhere" thing so I'm wondering:

1) If I buy the game digitaly on PC I also have a digital version of the game on XO? Or it just works if I buy a digital version of the XO game.
2) They say "Multiplatform Multiplayer" it means I can play on my PC with friends playing on XO? On mutliplayer and also coop or just one of those modes?
3) Same than "2)" but for Forza Horizon 3 (I know it's not the right thread but if someone knows...)
4) Is there a way to have the game cheaper? Because 69.99€ is a deal breaker for me.

Thanks!

Is this an actual problem? PSN and XBL don't have a way of issuing a refund without contacting support. It's not unusual...

Do Origin and Steam let you get refunds without contacting support?
Both Steam and Origin not only have set-in-stone refund policies that make it clear what's refundable, but they have specific forms that are easy to submit with quick results.

Whereas I just contacted Microsoft's support, asked for a refund, was told that I would be told how to refund, and then the support promptly asked if that was it and to have a nice day.

I need to contact support again.

As I typed this, I got a phone call from them telling me they would be emailing me.

I'm curious to find out what's in the email, because I highly doubt it's what I need.

etta

my hard graphic balls
l1ZxmZS.jpg
The Xbox 360 S is so beautiful 😪

Theorry

Sorry maybe not the best place to ask that but I'm new on this "XBOX Play Anywhere" thing so I'm wondering:

1) If I buy the game digitaly on PC I also have a digital version of the game on XO? Or it just works if I buy a digital version of the XO game.
2) They say "Multiplatform Multiplayer" it means I can play on my PC with friends playing on XO? On mutliplayer and also coop or just one of those modes?
3) Same than "2)" but for Forza Horizon 3 (I know it's not the right thread but if someone knows...)
4) Is there a way to have the game cheaper? Because 69.99€ is a deal breaker for me.

Thanks!

1. Its both ways. Its just one code really. You get two versions
2. All is crossplay. Except for Versus online. Campaign, horde, MP private is crossplay
3. Forza Horizon is full crossplay for everything.
4. Buy from the singapore store (see above) or cdkeys.com

Email took pretty damn long to get to me, and just linked me back to chat support and gave me the phone number they called me from.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Caayn

How can I see which horde class skills are permanent and which are consumables? Or are they all permanent?

Get gifts card from the Shanghai Microsoft store. I think you need 1x $50, 4x$20 (Shanghai dollar) gift cards. Change your console to Shanghai, redeem the gift cards and buy the game. Voila, you can play.
Does using a VPN on PC serve as the equivalent to changing your region on Xbox One, or do I need to do the transaction from my Xbox One?

SenkiDala

1. Its both ways. Its just one code really. You get two versions
2. All is crossplay. Except for Versus online. Campaign, horde, MP private is crossplay
3. Forza Horizon is full crossplay for everything.
4. Buy from the singapore store (see above) or cdkeys.com

Perfect answer! Thank you Sir! :)

Very interesting feature.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
How are the mouse/keyboard controls on PC?

Those using a controller, do you feel like you're at a disadvantage against mouse users online?

Montresor

Someone help me decide which difficulty to play Gears 4 on for my first playthrough when I install it tomorrow. Hardcore versus Insane? If it helps, here's how I felt about these games' difficulties:

Gears of War 1: Back when it was released, I could only do hardcore. Finished insane on co-op a couple of years later with not much trouble.

Gears of War 3: Hardcore playthrough was difficult and fun. I found Insane to be pure bullshit - only beatable with the Super Active Reload cheat.

Modern Warfare 1:
Beat the game on Veteran but it was incredibly difficult - infinite respawns kill me.

Modern Warfare 2:
Much easier on than MW1 on Veteran.

Black Ops 1: Very difficult on Veteran - again because of infinite respawns.

Black Ops 2:
Easy on Veteran.

Advanced Warfare: Easy on Veteran.

Halo CE: Could only beat Legendary with Bandana skull (infinite ammo).

Halo 2: Could only beat Legendary with Bandana (infinite ammo) + Scarab Skull (super laser gun).

Halo 3 and ODST: Beat the games on Legendary with a co-op partner - not too much trouble.

Halo 4 and Halo 5
: Beat both games solo on Legendary. I found Halo 4 to be incredibly tough, with Halo 5 okay for difficulty.

Gears Ultimate: Beat it on Insane without much trouble in co-op, except for the new PC exclusive chapters. My partner and I found those very very difficult.

If you ordered the Ultimate edition at the Shanghai store, you are able to play it for 5 hours now. Thats what I did and enjoying it a lot right now.

You mean Singapore right?

Someone help me decide which difficulty to play Gears 4 on for my first playthrough when I install it tomorrow. Hardcore versus Insane? If it helps, here's how I felt about these games' difficulties:

Go with hardcore, feels about right. Certain sections are just, well, insane and not fun if you are playing solo on Insane.

Montresor

I'm doing hardcore first and then insane. I always prefer a challenge but not an overly grindly experience on my first playthrough.

Go with hardcore, feels about right. Certain sections are just, well, insane and not fun if you are playing solo on Insane.

Looks like hardcore for a first playthrough then.

And then a second playthrough on insane later down the line for the insane achievement.

MarveI

Guys I'm so confused with these packs. I wanted to change my weapon skin and pick Ember Gnasher for example but I can't select it it says Craft create 600 and destroy 150 so when you create 1 for 600 credits is it yours forever ? Or is it a 1 match thing ?

Guys I'm so confused with these packs. I wanted to change my weapon skin and pick Ember Gnasher for example but I can't select it it says Craft create 600 and destroy 150 so when you create 1 for 600 credits is it yours forever ? Or is it a 1 match thing ?

Cosmetics are yours forever if you have it. You can obtain them from packs, and you can craft individual card you want with scraps (not the gold icon credits), which you can get by dismantling other cards you don't want. Think Hearthstone card disenchanting and crafting if you played that before. The only things that are consumed on use are bounty cards.

Top Bottom