• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
With movement It's fine, but imagine scoping with the Sniper. The kb/m player has the obvious advantage there.

Sure, but at the same time I can only think of one map where both sides get a Longshot. For most maps with one sniper it's still an even playing field getting to it. I haven't seen anyone get a disproportionate amount of headshots, I dunno.

Anyone else noticing that the gib range on the Gnasher in Core is like twice what it normally is? Been like this for the last two days for me.

Edit: Actually I guess it's just he servers being shitty. Pretty obvious host advantage going on.

oo7

Made it to Wave 47 on Insane with 2 other people. All our turrets got destroyed and it was impossible. Can you restart from specific waves or did I just was 2 and a half hours for nothing?

PS: man powered turrets are the shit!!

GAF, is this worth buying for multiplayer on PC for cross platform multiplayer? I've never played a Gears game before and this looks really fun.

Debating between this and Battlefield 1.

J_Viper

GAF, is this worth buying for multiplayer on PC for cross platform multiplayer? I've never played a Gears game before and this looks really fun.

Horde is fun, but I don't feel there's a ton of staying power.

PvP is dead on PC, and they haven't slipped the cross-play switch, though they really should ASAP

I'd go with BF1

Moofers

Depends if you want co-op or VS gaming. If it's co-op, welcome aboard! Buy this shit now. If it's VS, well that isn't cross-platform and I'm under the impression from other GAF members that the PC only community is already petering out.

What did you see that made you think about buying?

Just your average match in Gears of War 4.

Screenshot-Original.png

Acidote

Only Act V Insane left =).

I'll leave that for tomorrow.

Just force PC players to use a controller to pool with Xbox players, that'd be great.

You can't really do that on PC. You can do it, but 2 minutes after doing it you'll have people spoofing a mouse as a controller.

Cheers mate.

The Snatchers are the worst.

They take an absolute beating, constantly down your teammates and kill you in one hit.

If Del or Kait gets swallowed you better have a full clip of assault rifle ammo ready or they're gone and it's time to restart.

All of the Swarm are lethal on Insane, but the Snatchers are probably the worst.

I died more on Hardcore than I expected but overall it felt about right. Insane can be killer in certain scenarios.

You do get used to it. After a while you get a feel for how much damage you can take (none essentially) but it's still hard.

Those encounters you've forgotten about - they're probably the ones that are going to kill you, not the ones you expect.

Props to you guys who try this let alone actually beat it. It sounds like zero fun to me, I doubt I'll even try Insane with a friend. I enjoyed the campaign on Hardcore but the one hit kill stuff would just send me into an all out rage.

jackdoe

Solo insane gets extremely difficult at times. I had to cheese an encounter in Act 3, Ch 3 because the waves of enemy types that they throw at you and the locations that they come from are near impossible to defend by yourself (I tried twenty times). So I ran to a location that the developers didn't plan for you to go, let the enemy AI ignore me for the most part, and let my invincible AI team mates handle everything. Feels bad man.

Only Act V Insane left =).

I'll leave that for tomorrow.

You can't really do that on PC. You can do it, but 2 minutes after doing it you'll have people spoofing a mouse as a controller.

Could you really? I thought W10 apps are heavily encrypted now? Surely they could do something with it.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Grand finals are about to start, incase anyone here is into competitive

http://www.twitch.tv/gearsofwar?sr=a

OpTic vs nV

Been watching since yesterday, and like I told them in the stream, their live page setup is pretty damn nice. The brackets, live polls, Twitch chat and everything else all on one page like that and working live was really good.

Looking forward to more of that, and I too finished all of the quests. I surprised myself with that considering how much time I was away and yet came back at the right time for everything.

Ghazi

This game is abysmal. It's a shame it's the only excellent UWP port so far, but that's probably more because of Unreal.

robotrock

Banned
Really enjoyed the campaign for this, huge props to The Coalition.

Much more likeable characters than the other Gears games for sure, really enjoyed the banter between the new cast and Marcus Fenix.

Yeah but as anyone who's used a mod to use a mouse on a console knows, when mouses simulate a joystick they don't feel right and you aren't getting the precision you get in a native mouse game.

Haines

Banned
I'm having a hard time finding fun in versus and I don't know why.

Maybe it's bc I'm flying solo and gears is meant to be played with people talking.

Bumming me out. Maybe I'll finish the sp.

J_Viper

I find matches 'easily' in TDM and Execution. I also have a bunch of PC players on my list who are always in Ranked matches as well.

While it's no League of Legends, it's not No Mans Sky either

It took me over three minutes to find a match. In TDM, no less.

That's not a sign of a healthy community.

oo7

Bought the esupporter pack and got a Black Steel Rayna. Guess I got lucky? Opened an epic pack after that and got the female cog soldier. Everythings coming up Millhouse!

Grisby

Bought the esupporter pack and got a Black Steel Rayna. Guess I got lucky? Opened an epic pack after that and got the female cog soldier. Everythings coming up Millhouse!
I can feel the optimism coming through your post, lol.

Weird. Did they nerf the
Swarmak
at the end of chapter 4 insane? I managed to
kill it on the on the third generator so 6 blisters total. I was busy rounding up all the torque bow ammo I could for the last generator so I had that stocked up. I switched for one of the boomshots for a couple blisters then then cutscene played lol

I was gaming myself up for that something serious lmao. Didn't even get any drones or scions whatsoever.

Gibbo

I'm at stage 3-IV now, and I'm struggling to complete the sp campaign. Getting really bored with how similar each enemy encounter is.

mdubs

Banned
Just finished the campaign. Thought the gameplay was definitely up there with a lot of the fun moment in the original trilogy, and I think it was a more smooth and refined experience in that regard. The new characters just aren't that interesting (Kait bouncing between thanking Marcus in one scene to blowing up at him in the next was super strange writing imo) or funny, and all of the best parts were either with
Marcus or the rest of the old guys - their banter was what made the original series so memorable and I just don't see the same sort of stupidly hilarious chemistry between the new three

RoKKeR

Just finished Act IV with a buddy... JFC that was difficult.

Also, spoilers about the end of Act IV:
What the hell is up with all of the abrupt transitions in this game? We beat the Swarmak and the Swarm leader, smash his face in, then..... We are walking around in the forest and then Jennbot shows up out of nowhere?? ??? Maybe that's about to pay itself off but I was just so thrown by that jump. There wasn't even like a "Alright, let's keeo moving to that satellite so we can call Marcus's friend", it was just onto the next chapter.

I will say that Acts 3 and 4 are absolutely prime Gears of War campaign. Brilliant stuff.

Jobbs

Banned
So, bugs aside, how does a shot like this only muster 20% damage? Granted I'm not great with pop shotting but this looked like it should've destroyed him let alone do 20%...

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Mullet Parade/video/22731205

Shotgunning people square on and point blank and them not dying (and me dying) is a common thing and I just get tired of the feeling that there's a strong element of chance in gnasher duels. For that reason I mostly use the enforcer instead.

Top Bottom