• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

the worst thing is that people didnt even know that the Hammerburst was fucking broken until the coalition announced the nerf,

these last 4 o 5 days have been just Hammerburst galore.

so this is just a case of going to the weapon that is stronger, there is nothing about, "playstyle" or something. they just go to the stronger weapon and thats it

Very true.

rtj6rkrk.png

raamj3kjm.png

kWNtav3.gif

Aw man, been preoccupied with other games but all these expensive (exclusive content) air drops they've been dropping leave a sour taste in my mouth. Credit rates are already not good at all, so this is just an obvious cash grab at this point.

Hammerburst is definitely dead.

I just did 87% in 11 hits lol.

Also, :/

Drydock and Checkout look awesome. The Coalition has nailed the art in this game.

I'm calling time on my Gears of War 4 career, but I will keep a close eye on this thread and continue to contribute.

In my brief time with the new update, the balance felt a touch better to me. The HB is still great. You've just got to be a bit more precise with it now.

That's the next update when they give us giant wiffle ball bats to hit each other with since the guns don't work.

The next update is going to replace all the in game guns with variations of the gnasher. Gnasher with chainsaw, gnasherburst, gnashershot, etc. It is going to be great.

Loomba

My gold ran out so I'm trying to find a game on PC... Waiting 10 minutes haven't found one.... It was always less than 1 minute on Xbox, sheesh.

Anyone have a spare gold code lying about please? Wanna try the update

Ein Bear

Whoever came up with those 'survive 20 waves of Horde' bounties should be shot. I'm so very sick of everyone quitting on me after round 20.

Aw man, been preoccupied with other games but all these expensive (exclusive content) air drops they've been dropping leave a sour taste in my mouth. Credit rates are already not good at all, so this is just an obvious cash grab at this point.

Also, :/

I have no desire to come back to it at this point. I see plenty of issues with the game that need to be addressed (weapons, horde backfilling, credits, etc) and they tell us WELL THATS GONNA TAKE SOME TIME HOW BOUT PAY US 15 BUCKS FOR MORE CONTENT.

As someone who paid for the early access, I feel completely nickle and dimed. I give you one hundred dollars and that's not fucking good enough?

Sorry TC, I'm out.

The next update is going to replace all the in game guns with variations of the gnasher. Gnasher with chainsaw, gnasherburst, gnashershot, etc. It is going to be great.
The Gnashershot shoots out a Gnasher that instagibs you from the sky. Personally, I can't wait for the Gnashernades to stick them on walls that explode into several Gnashers wallbouncing around, instagibbing based on proximity.

The Longnasher will be a thing to behold as well.

Moofers

Gears fans: The micro-transactions feel greedy and cynical! Why does it take so long to earn packs?

TC: Get your e-sports pack with cool black skins and outfits (maybe) for just $10!

Fans: WTF? Well, maybe one since that Kait skin is so sweet.

*unlocks black steel embar twice, an emblem and a couple of ugly lancers*

Fans: WTF?!

TC: Ok, ok we hear you........Halloween pack for $5! Day of the Dead skins (maybe) so how about it?

Fans: .....

TC: .......$20 RTJ pack?

aBarreras

Gears fans: The micro-transactions feel greedy and cynical! Why does it take so long to earn packs?

TC: Get your e-sports pack with cool black skins and outfits (maybe) for just $10!

TC: Ok, ok we hear you........Halloween pack for $5! Day of the Dead skins (maybe) so how about it?

littel by little they are listening i guess, because the RTJ pack is the whole set for sure, not the possibility of earning those skins lol

N7.Angel

Very true.

before the update it did 100% on 9 hits

and now it does 100% on 13-14, and its dead?

Which is 5 bursts provided you're 100% accurate, which nobody is. If you average a 66% accuracy that's 7 bursts. So yes, it's dead. I'll easily be able to manage better kill times with both of the other rifles.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
The Hammerburst nerf forced me into trying out Enforcer, and man that gun is powerful. I feel like I bring people down with ludicrous speed. Gnasher/Enforcer combo proved pretty awesome in the few games I played.

NullMoon

Neo Member
So, I can't play the two new maps in private yet? Is it only avalible in the developer's playlist thing? I though if I had the Season Pass I would be allowed to play them privately, yet I couldn't find them when I went to do Horde earlier

First match after the update I did 70% on 10 hits. As soon as I died I switched it for the lancer. Sucks since I loved the hb in this game but now unless you are headshot pro people with gnashers will just roll up to you and kill you in one shot.

Drydock and Checkout look awesome. The Coalition has nailed the art in this game.

Epic made Drydock and Checkout. although I'm all for TC going back and porting all maps to gears4 because as it stands right now the only decent map in the game is Impact.
Gridlock too but Epic also made that map;

TheChits

Epic made Drydock and Checkout. although I'm all for TC going back and porting all maps to gears4 because as it stands right now the only decent map in the game is Impact.
Gridlock too but Epic also made that map;

The maps really do feel lacking compared to previous entries in the series. I want River, Fuel Depot, and Security back so bad.

Reckoner

They aren't bad, but I also prefer Gears 3 content-wise. I'm happy they are porting maps from it. Drydock being one of my least favorites, though, but Checkout is great.

Just tried out the Hammerburst. Someone was able to run straight at me as I hit them dead on with 4 bursts to the body and shot gunned me.

Then I got to enjoy the other side of the sword on Gridlock where it looked like the coast was clear at Boom so I just casually walked in and a guy started unloading on me with the HB. I was able to pick up the Boom and then walk backwards out of the Boom spawn around the corner to safety without getting downed. Granted I was bright red but that's ridiculous. Guess I'll stick with Lancer/Enforcer until those get nerfed too.

NeoBob688

I am currently playing through the single-player game.

I must say the first "full" level (
COG town under construction
) didn't do it for me at all. Crappy weapons, technically proficient but oddly sterile graphical style, shitty "another wave!" mechanic, the
robot
enemy thing, having to retrace the whole level. Also the writing was pretty crappy even for GOW standards. I quit the game for a week after that. However, I must say that the game picks up tremendously in every regard after finding
Marcus.
Currently in
Act 3 creepy town.
Good stuff.

3DShovel

Eh, as I expected, the problem really wasn't the shotgun ammo glitch. Having your bullets come out consistently is a plus, though.

I just think that the game is fundamentally flawed and is just flat out not fun. I've never felt this way about a Gears game and it's a shame.

Done with the game. Wish I had it physical so I could sell it.

Coda

Put this in the B/T/S thread as well but does anyone have an extra GoW 4 PC code they don't mind selling to me? Looking to buy the game but not willing to spend a full $60 on it still.

Top Bottom