• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Just went 3 rounds in KotH, we won 2-1. I was second in points and got 160 credits. Add in another 100 from the rare bounty I had equipped on top of that and that's not bad at all.

I'm playing on Hardcore and I can't stand this mechanic. I feel like it devalues certain combat encounters because your teammates will revive you constantly.

Yeah exactly. It's a really dumb carry over from 3 and it pissed me off in that game too. I guess I'm supposed to pause the game and reload every time I get downed?

Guess there's really no reason to buy anything other than Horde/Versus Boosters now. It's 200 credits cheaper to buy two of those as opposed to one Operations Pack. I'm also going to go out on a limb and say that 9 Boosters is probably worth more than an Elite Pack as well.

Roboculus

Guess there's really no reason to buy anything other than Horde/Versus Boosters now. It's 200 credits cheaper to buy two of those as opposed to one Operations Pack. I'm also going to go out on a limb and say that 9 Boosters is probably worth more than an Elite Pack as well.

Yeah, they gotta make some more changes to the Operations and Elite packs to make them more desirable.

Pretty happy with the booster packs now though so I got no problem just buying those in the mean time.

deoee

So Tec and I are trying to continue our Co-op session but it won't work.

No matter who invites whom, after the loading it kicks the "non host" from the macht.
Machtmaking public co-op does not work either.

Is this a known problem? We're both on PC and in EU

Both of our connections are fine and PvP / Horde works without problems.

Coonce

hey everyone, I have some codes from some pizza rolls for some GoW DLC.

I don't have the game so here you go!

n3nyugW.jpg

Qwyjibo

Are people still getting the download codes for the earlier games?

I bought GOW4 (I play on PC) right at launch but still no codes anywhere in the Xbox Windows App or e-mail.

Grisby

The update is out. Pretty significant stuff in terms of the economy and bounties.

Also bought 15 versus boosters now that they changed them, got an epic and a legendary in my first two packs. Not bad.

Edit: I think they might have drastically changed the loot tables too. In 15 pack I got more epics than emblems.
That's cool. Going to be jumping between this and TF2 tomorrow. Looking forward to hitting it hard again.

malfcn

Just lost a match because I hit X to kick a down enemy and literally kicked air. Lol, so frustrating yet funny at the same time.

So yeah, I noticed something about the Gnasher. Was playing Escalation and got into an extended shotgun battle I noticed that it seems like no pellets are coming out of the gun.

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/d85c4aa2-d27b-4fa0-95af-d1e83ad1326e?gamerTag=BananasWithGuns&scid=780f0100-3c66-41ff-b8cc-964f20ee78c6

If you look at the the last few shots especially, it looks like there's nothing at all coming out of the gun. There should at least be pellets hitting the wood fence thing but there's nothing.

vort3x

So yeah, I noticed something about the Gnasher. Was playing Escalation and got into an extended shotgun battle I noticed that it seems like no pellets are coming out of the gun

If you look at the the last few shots especially, it looks like there's nothing at all coming out of the gun. There should at least be pellets hitting the wood fence thing but there's nothing.

You're right. No bullets except for the ones you hit her with. Weird.

aBarreras

the whole new credits and packs system is soo much better, im constantly buying horde and versus booster, because you earn credits fast enough and there are customizable items on those,

good work coaliton, now, about those "exclusive" packs, we still need a way to buy them with credits

kingwingin

Finally got around to playing the campaign and it was pretty solid!

the way the story was told makes me feel like a novel or 2 is on the way to explain anyas death, JD and Del growing up together and leaving the cog, what happened after gears 3 with the mass locust graves.

Cant wait for more gears!

the whole new credits and packs system is soo much better, im constantly buying horde and versus booster, because you earn credits fast enough and there are customizable items on those,

good work coaliton, now, about those "exclusive" packs, we still need a way to buy them with credits

Yes, I actually got a character skin in a versus booster right after an elite pack with no character skin lol

vort3x

No they don't.

There is a weird glitch in this game that gives you a random character when you start a game. My brother ended up getting one of the RUN THE JEWELS guys last night for one game. We all thought he bought the pack and started yelling at him and he was like NO WAY it just happens. He created Baird but it never gives him Baird, its always a random character.

No they don't.

There is a weird glitch in this game that gives you a random character when you start a game. My brother ended up getting one of the RUN THE JEWELS guys last night for one game. We all thought he bought the pack and started yelling at him and he was like NO WAY it just happens. He created Baird but it never gives him Baird, its always a random character.

That happens to me all the time if I join midgame, but the game sees it as playing as whatever character I have chosen. I got bounty rewards for "playing as x" when that happened, regardless of who I actually was.

jdavid459

How's gears holding up on PC? I heard there were some matchmaking issues that needed to be sorted out...is this still going on? Asking because I have a copy of gears but debating if I'd rather exchange it for titanfall 2 based on positive reviews.

Thoughts?

How's gears holding up on PC? I heard there were some matchmaking issues that needed to be sorted out...is this still going on? Asking because I have a copy of gears but debating if I'd rather exchange it for titanfall 2 based on positive reviews.

Thoughts?

I don't think the issue is so much matchmaking as it is lack of players. I don't play on PC though so maybe someone more familiar could speak to that.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination

Thoughts?

Game is all but dead online. Competitive matches don't exist anymore. You will never play Execution if that's your thing.

Only mode that works is quickplay and even then there are usually two or more bots filling out empty slots.

Lack of crossplay has destroyed this game online.

jdavid459

Game is all but dead online. Competitive matches don't exist anymore. You will never play Execution if that's your thing.

Only mode that works is quickplay and even then there are usually two or more bots filling out empty slots.

Damn it looked like they actually made a good PC port too. That's sad to hear...

cuilan

So apparently, you can be auto-kicked for being "idle" in a game of Guardian when you go down as the guardian and someone decides to use you as a meat shield for a long period of time.

Stupid question I'm failing to find an answer for...

I have Gears for Xbox One and haven't installed it yet. Am I able to just download/install pc version instead and if so, how do I even go about that? Or must i first install it to my xbox one to get pc version?

Iceman829

Stupid question I'm failing to find an answer for...

I have Gears for Xbox One and haven't installed it yet. Am I able to just download/install pc version instead and if so, how do I even go about that? Or must i first install it to my xbox one to get pc version?

You can download either version or both. Buying the game gives you access to both versions. You should be able to DL it from the windows store

Electret

So as someone who has really gone sour on previous Gears campaigns, I actually really liked this one BUT the whole "crawling away to not die" shit that only goes away on insane is ridiculous. The game has so little challenge unless you wanna play on Insane, at which point it's ball crushingly hard. But hey finally a regen health shooter that uses a decent variety of enemies who do interesting things. Average grunt is still too bullet spongey for my tastes though.

Playing through the game right now and this my feeling as well. Bad decisions and play should be punished with death. I feel like the regen mechanic is slowing my improvement in playing the game as I'm not being forced to learn from situations in which I'd otherwise die. Ideally, regen would be a toggle for the 3 easier difficulty settings - I assume it is not.

Wouldn't people being able to use a mouse on the pc version give them a pretty significant advantage over console players?

Either way though it's a shame, it's a damn solid port.

Damn it looked like they actually made a good PC port too. That's sad to hear...
It's a fantastic port, I bought it on PC just to play the campaign at 60fps. But I also play with a controller, that's where my muscle memory is for Gears, and I don't want to play MP against mouse and keyboard users. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people felt the same. Thanks to Play Anywhere and the Coalition targeting 60fps multiplayer, I just hop on the Xbone when I want my MP fix.

TheChits

Is there a way to set up a private match with bots? I don't think there is, but I could be dumb and completely missing it. I just want to play some king of the hill and social quickplay isn't giving me much aside from arm's race and tdm tonight

Gestault

Is there a way to set up a private match with bots? I don't think there is, but I could be dumb and completely missing it. I just want to play some king of the hill and social quickplay isn't giving me much aside from arm's race and tdm tonight

There's an option in the match settings to fill out all empty slots with AI, and you can choose the difficulty.

Madness

Very few games ever have had crossplay between console and PC as it is. Lack of pc players is what has destroyed the game. I blame the uwp W10 exclusivity primarily, but why should console players have to match up against PC'ers just to keep the PC population alive? Even with a controller, most console players are still at a disadvantage. If they allow crossplay, which I am actually FOR, they should make it social only and opt-in for everyone so they know they might play against someone with an inherent advantage.

Top Bottom