• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

malfcn

*splash*splash*splash*splash*

Nope. None of that matters.

One shot from far away with no active does 70% and then with active 3 times does 20% is infuriating.

It's a constant love / hate with this game.

*splash*splash*splash*splash*

Nope. None of that matters.

One shot from far away with no active does 70% and then with active 3 times does 20% is infuriating.

It's a constant love / hate with this game.

The Gnasher is worse now than it was before the update.

Like, you know things are bad when I'd rather have the Gnasher that just doesn't shoot 20% of the time.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Just finished the campaign. Really enjoyed it but 2 major flaws-

1. This game doesnt know the meaning of giving room to breathe. There are no quiet moments, where you can just enjoy the amazing atmosphere and let it sink in. Its wave after wave after wave of enemies. Some quiet moments wouldve really elevated the whole thing. Wouldve made me appreciate everything more.
2. The ending.
the fuck? thats it? the whole plot bout Jinn was for nothing (or sequels)? All I did was rescue 2 people? No mysteries were resolved.

Reckoner

Just finished the campaign. Really enjoyed it but 2 major flaws-

1. This game doesnt know the meaning of giving room to breathe. There are no quiet moments, where you can just enjoy the amazing atmosphere and let it sink in. Its wave after wave after wave of enemies. Some quiet moments wouldve really elevated the whole thing. Wouldve made me appreciate everything more.
2. The ending.
the fuck? thats it? the whole plot bout Jinn was for nothing (or sequels)? All I did was rescue 2 people? No mysteries were resolved.

Thought the same thing. The only area where they gave some space to breathe and appreciate the scenery was that beautiful bridge area at the beginning of Act 2 IIRC. The art team must have been proud of their work and they definitely did something special there.

Man, I think I'm just done with this game for a while until they fix the Gnasher.

At this point I have more shots that sponge than actually do normal damage. I don't know what the hell TC did in TU1 but this is easily the worst Gnasher out of all 6 games right now.

m23

I haven't really been having many issues at all when it comes to versus. I actually love the shotgun in this iteration, and I know many people don't.

I'm not a hardcore versus player though so I may not notice as many issues as others.

I haven't really been having many issues at all when it comes to versus. I actually love the shotgun in this iteration, and I know many people don't.

I'm not a hardcore versus player though so I may not notice as many issues as others.

Same. But when the gnasher fails, it fails hard. Point blank shots to the face registering at 20-99% damage only to get one shotted is one of my biggest issues. If I'm shooting you in your spine, I'm not sure how the game is giving you damage at x1.5 or something.

Leyasu

Banned
Man, I think I'm just done with this game for a while until they fix the Gnasher.

At this point I have more shots that sponge than actually do normal damage. I don't know what the hell TC did in TU1 but this is easily the worst Gnasher out of all 6 games right now.

I have stopped playing versus because of the update and now ruined gnasher. Still, it has finally pushed me over to horde... Which is almost worth the price of admission on it's own.

People need to play the old games again on P2P servers. And then come back. :D

True, but sometimes it feels like I am playing on servers out of region that are almost as bad as playing p2p.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
The Gnasher is worse now than it was before the update.

Like, you know things are bad when I'd rather have the Gnasher that just doesn't shoot 20% of the time.
Okay, so it's not just me who noticed a palpable difference between pre-TU Gnasher and post? Because I swear it seems so much less reliable for me, and I hardly ever complained about it before the update.

vPyvzLn.gif

cw8dwbP.gif

versus sucks right now with how inconsistent the gnasher is

vort3x

Man, they really gotta do something about the Dropshot. That thing makes the Boomshot look weak and it comes with an extra shot lol.

No No No leave the dropshot alone. Its good! Don't fn ruin it. Its not easy to use very close range like boomshot is. Its more of a mid to long range. Boom has 2 shots but takes less skill to use. Dropshot you have to judge the distance and has a time delay on the explosion. In the beta it was op because it blew up instant. Its perfect the way it is now without being over powered.

aBarreras

vPyvzLn.gif

cw8dwbP.gif

versus sucks right now with how inconsistent the gnasher is

the first gif doensnt have anything of "inconsistent" you shoot meters away and probably didnt make any damage at all, and then you just jumped into the guy, of course he received you with a full gnasher shot,

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member
played my first ever match with the new Gary Carmine :) he looks awesome. but he doesn't have the same voice as the other carmines. that's what made him unique why you do this to me TC :'( its just disappointment after disappointment.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
I beat the game last night and man did the middle third suck. Samey environments, samey encounters, such repetitive gameplay. When the final 2 chapters came in I was just mad that they didn't bring in more of that stuff earlier.

Tomash

100 percent damage dealt and they didn't even get downed.

and seriously are people still trying to deny that shit went wrong with the title update? For gods sake the enforcer is more reliable at cqc now.

Displayed damage is rounded up. Actual damage is 99.6%, each Gnasher pellet does 8.3% damage at short range, so 12*8.3% = 99.6%.

Roboculus

God dam the rng gods have forsaken me. I opened 20 of the anniversary crates and I still didn't get Gary.

Well at least the packs only cost 200....

That sniper pick up at Impact is intense, lol.

Ugh, any map with more than one longshot spawn is instant trash tier. Power weapons in Gears should be earned. Especially when it's baby's-first-sniper level of usability. When someone as bad at sniping as I am is pulling off headshots and The Super ribbons with it then you know they need to make it more difficult to pull them off.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Ugh, any map with more than one longshot spawn is instant trash tier. Power weapons in Gears should be earned. Especially when it's baby's-first-sniper level of usability. When someone as bad at sniping as I am is pulling off headshots and The Super ribbons with it then you know they need to make it more difficult to pull them off.

I don't know about that. Canals is one of my favorites. Duplicate power weapons mix up the formula a bit.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Shiiiit - I still haven't started to download Gears 4 yet, and I honestly don't know if I'll have it done in time to get Gary and all the skins.

At least I can buy the packs through the website, I haven't opened any of my packs whatsoever. So I believe there's like 600 credits that they give you for free, and hopefully somehow they give credits in crates too.

Gotta get home this evening and see for myself.

Top Bottom