• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Is it just me or are the characters, weapon skins, and loot boxes taking way too long to load up? And is everyone getting different character in MP then the one they choose?

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
I have stopped playing versus because of the update and now ruined gnasher. Still, it has finally pushed me over to horde... Which is almost worth the price of admission on it's own.

True, but sometimes it feels like I am playing on servers out of region that are almost as bad as playing p2p.

Welcome to the fray, my friend.

I stopped liking versus after they introduced that sawed off double barrel that folks would dive at you, shoot, and that was it. You were gibs. You at least have to have SOMEWHAT decent aim with the Gnasher. After that, I was all about horde.

Horde is AWESOME. I'm ready to step up to hardcore and insane now. I can't wait to get some new maps for it.

Is it just me or are the characters, weapon skins, and loot boxes taking way too long to load up? And is everyone getting different character in MP then the one they choose?
You can choose another weapon before the models/menus even load just by listening to the sound lol; it's pretty slow to load.

If you join a match in progress (in Social) you'll get the skin of the bot you replace. You'll have your own chosen skin the next game.

The Flash

Banned
Tomorrow

CwtFHSjUkAAVVO4.jpg

Okay I'm guessing this means 2 new classic skins are coming. It makes sense to add another Marcus skin since the anniversary packs have a bunch of new Marcus bounties.

I'm assuming the big heads are just for fun but it would be cool to see an actual big head mode.
Why would they post big heads if there is no big head mode? It has to be coming.

3DShovel

13 round Escalation only to have my team go full retard on the last round and not go for a single hill.

Fucking waste of time.

Roboculus

Why would they post big heads if there is no big head mode? It has to be coming.

I thought it was just a funny way of revealing the new skins. But you're right, it would be a little misleading if they didn't actually do it now.

Also, I forgot about the pumpkin head event so yeah, a big head mode should be totally expected.

Yay video games! I've missed the random, comical nature of games these days. It's definitely still alive, but far too often do games take themselves too seriously imo.
Much like those pumpkin heads they had for Halloween, I wouldn't expect these things to be used outside of the events.
13 round Escalation only to have my team go full retard on the last round and not go for a single hill.

Fucking waste of time.
something something it's about the journey etc etc

Bought a pack hoping to get Gary. I started revealing my cards and got tossed into a match. After it was over I backed out to see what I got and nope. Just didn't exist anymore but they sure as hell took my credits.

Basically a microcosm of the pack system. Pay for nothing.

It took me 6000 credits to get there, but i finally have all the new skins. Plus, about 600 scrap from doubles and such. Those 200 credit packs are a steal for cashing in scrap.

AXE

Gary on the first try.

But I had a question. Don't the Xbox players see the chat when you type on the PC?

And, are the Elite Packs worth the scrap? Or whatever the heck it is that we collect from the matches.

Gary on the first try.

But I had a question. Don't the Xbox players see the chat when you type on the PC?

And, are the Elite Packs worth the scrap? Or whatever the heck it is that we collect from the matches.

Xbox players see the chat as well. They most likely don't care what you tell them though.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
So there are still dupes with the 10 Year pack? I thought they took those out with the new update?

Damn, then I really have to be sure to get the game downloaded before the week is over since the 600 free credits may not cut it. And this download is going super-slow.

TheChits

Still can't play co-op with my friend. We are both on pc and one of us always gets disconnected from the game server after five minutes. Everything else works just fine, so this is a bit of a downer. Anyone encounter similar issues even after the update?

J-Roderton

I didnt know you could buy the packs online. Just grabbed like 6 of them from my phone and picked up Gary!

Nice. I was lucky enough to be able to scrap an extra Gary. Really cool character model with the hat and everything.

I only need to get four more items and I'll have everything from that pack. Only had to buy around 10 or so so far.

pitchfork

10 packs in

1 Gary character skin
2 Ben C Gnasher skins
2 10th ann. Retro Lancer skins
1 Grub Killer Carmine Lancer skin
2 10th ann. emblem
1 Carmine emblem
1 10th ann. Lancer skin

Happy enough with that

All this shit with crates and overpriced DLC just makes me wanna vomit. I'll just stop caring about any of the skins or weapons cammo and whatnot and play with what I got. Fuck them!

The current packs are only 200cr each

The packs are crazy cheap lol. 200 credits.

These are only bought with credits.

I know about the current ones, I was speaking in general about the entire marketing bullshit they have post-release. I got the ultimate edition and they didn't even give me my preorder bonuses like Zombie Dom etc. Spent 2 hours with Microsoft support to no avail. So fuck'em again!!

noomi

Hoping someone can help me as I can't seem to find the Gears PC thread anymore... maybe it's dead?

Anyway....

I want to buy Gears 4 on PC (yay microsoft store :/)

The other day I downloaded a Forza Horizon 3 Demo and noticed that there is no way for me to specify a install directory or even find/change it... Now this is a problem because my main drive is an SSD and I do not like keeping my games on it. Rather I would prefer to insall the game on my 2nd 2TB driv where I keep all my files/games....etc

Is this possible? If not... that's a mighty big oversight.....

I'm over 20 packs in and still no Carmine. It's really annoying. I spent all of my credits and now if I still want him I have to grind it out pack by pack. I'm getting really sick of this RNG loot crate system that has spread across the industry.

vort3x

Same here. The game really wants me to get 5 kills with a Markza (which is pretty much impossible).

omg those are instant deletes. As are get 10 executions in one match.

So Dropshot. I cannot figure out the explosion time on the dropshot. Sometimes its instantaneous while other times it takes a good sec to explode. I'm gonna test this out today, I know active shots drop faster and maybe have a bigger explosion but its such a small difference I barely notice it. Then there are times even when not active'd the dropshot will explode right away. not sure if it has anything to do with how close the enemy player is. Will have to test it out.

http://xboxclips.com/v0rt3x/926920b6-b000-4fae-bd44-fe66decd4907 - This video you can see the delay on the drop shot after it hits the ground. Even between 2 players.

http://xboxclips.com/v0rt3x/758beb1c-9e1a-47c9-ba0e-238ef17d3ecb - This video you can see it blows up instantly

Another good advice is Dropshot has a slight bit of auto aim when above a players head.

http://xboxclips.com/v0rt3x/d77f765d-929b-4d1d-874f-b20aca052c6b

Look at the dropshot kill on the boat. I had aimed it clearly to the left of him and when I let go it goes diagonal and right on his head.

This is clearly my favorite weapon in the game. :D

NullMoon

Neo Member
So am I missing something? Why can I still not play private matches on Drydocks and Checkout? I own the Pass and yet the maps are not appearing. What gives?

Anyone here playing on a Samsung KS8000? The game is beautiful but I'm not sure I'm getting the full effect of HDR, or if the HDR implementation in the game just isn't that great to begin with.

Any particular settings you guys are using?

Azzawon

Completely forgotten, but how long are the 10th Anniversary packs available? Bought 7-8 last night and only received emblems and weapon skins. Really wanting to unlock Gary Carmine.

Kuno

Anyone here playing on a Samsung KS8000? The game is beautiful but I'm not sure I'm getting the full effect of HDR, or if the HDR implementation in the game just isn't that great to begin with.

I have the KS8000 and I played through the campaign in HDR. The effect is more subtle than I expected, but overall I thought the picture had a nice richness to it and the lighting does stand out in certain scenes.

As for the settings: First off, select "Game" under special viewing mode. Then, the important part is to set the backlight to MAX. Make sure color space is set to Native (it should already be set that way) and set the Smart LED to "High".

Theorry

Not sure where you are yet in the game? But later when its night the HDR effect is way more imo.

Top Bottom