• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'm on Act 2 Chapter 3 and I really hope I fight the Swarm soon. The Deebees were fun at first but the amount the game throws at you in such a short span makes them quickly become very monotonous. The amount of times the characters have said that a drop ship is dropping them in is insane, and I'm only 3 hours or so in.

Yeah agreed, I was relieved when they were gone. They're ok at first, but you fight them for too long.

How does party chat work when playing cross platform? I'm on PC and a mate is going to be on Xbox for campaign co-op, assuming it's just through the Xbox app?

Caayn

How does party chat work when playing cross platform? I'm on PC and a mate is going to be on Xbox for campaign co-op, assuming it's just through the Xbox app?
Jup. Works great.

Once your in the Xbox app it works just like it does on the XB1. Also if your friends invites you, you'll get a pop-up in Windows asking for you to accept or decline.

Theorry

4K/60FPS multiplayer action:

https://youtu.be/ICXaYogZH6M

That headshot at the end was brutal >_<

Nice.

GlossyForkedFritillarybutterfly-size_restricted.gif

Haven't started it yet, but from what I have seen and read it's looking really great.
Doom 2016 is a classic though.

Will get it started this evening. :D

sTiTcH AU

Question for anybody who has played co op on insane. Can you revive team mates? Still on the prologue and it seems if one player goes down you have to revert back to checkpoint like halo 2.

pitchfork

Got back from work later than expected and crashed on the sofa, so my plan to skip sleep failed

Had numerous cups of tea and half a pack of digestives so i'm good to go!

Lets do this!

enemy2k

Was out and about with some friends tonight and happened to be near a few Wal-Marts during my travels. Picked up all 4 Rockstar Gears unique cans, I found the 4/4 can at the last Wal-Mart, I was happy about that. Is there a certain way I should redeem them to get all the good stuff? Thanks comrades.

Was out and about with some friends tonight and happened to be near a few Wal-Marts during my travels. Picked up all 4 Rockstar Gears unique cans, I found the 4/4 can at the last Wal-Mart, I was happy about that. Is there a certain way I should redeem them to get all the good stuff? Thanks comrades.

Go to https://gears4.rockstarenergy.com/walmart and enter two codes simultaneously to get the first two Gear Packs as well as the Acid Omen Gear Pack. Then you can enter the other two on their own to get the other two Gears Packs and you'll have everything.

jadedm17

Question for anybody who has played co op on insane. Can you revive team mates? Still on the prologue and it seems if one player goes down you have to revert back to checkpoint like halo 2.

As far as I recall there's never been the ability to revive on insane in Gears.

3DShovel

As far as I recall there's never been the ability to revive on insane in Gears.

This is correct.

Man, I can't to get home from work so that I can destroy some fools. Was so hooked on the beta and really grasped the gameplay before it ended. Was getting nearly 30 kills in a TDM game.

This is gonna be fun.

Retailers like Wal-Mart won't sell you the game even if it's on the shelf, as their point-of-sale systems will have the product locked until Tuesday.

really? fuck, I was hoping for a clueless employee to help me out. have they tried before ? I do know that some people were able to buy games before the release date at Meijer and it worked.

really? fuck, I was hoping for a clueless employee to help me out. have they tried before ? I do know that some people were able to buy games before the release date at Meijer and it worked.

You could give it a shot, but the only way they'll be able to sell you the game is if they don't scan the item and enter it as a generic sale. And this is a huge no-no in retail most of the time.

My guess is Meijer purchases went through due to this or because of an error in their system that didn't flag the game's street date.

enemy2k

Go to https://gears4.rockstarenergy.com/walmart and enter two codes simultaneously to get the first two Gear Packs as well as the Acid Omen Gear Pack. Then you can enter the other two on their own to get the other two Gears Packs and you'll have everything.

Thank you, gonna do this shortly!

edit: Used all 4 codes and got everything. Fuck yeah! Thanks for your and everyones help with my 2 questions earlier in the thread.

DocSeuss

Anyone experiencing a game-breaking bug where the game is trapped in infinite loading at the end of Act 3: Chapter 5?

Love the game, hate the pouncers.

Theorry

Anyone experiencing a game-breaking bug where the game is trapped in infinite loading at the end of Act 3: Chapter 5?

CAMPAIGN - ACT 3, CHAPTER 5 – Infinite Loading
An issue has been discovered that can prevent further progress in this Chapter through a specific issue that can happen when the Checkpoint reloads at a specific point in the level (either through dying or selecting Reload Checkpoint from the pause menu).

Workaround: During this chapter, do not build the player-mounted Turret fortification.
If Already Impacted: Restart the Chapter, and do not build the player-mounted Turret fortification.

We are working on rectifying this issue with a small Title Update as soon as possible.

https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums...ad/5676a9fb-042b-4f8b-9008-405612c1e337/posts

I hope the credit payout is a bug, because in the current state it's upwards of 100+ matches for a single elite pack which is just outright ridiculous.

JambiBum

I hope the credit payout is a bug, because in the current state it's upwards of 100+ matches for a single elite pack which is just outright ridiculous.

You get a lot of credits for leveling up. The match credits are just bonuses for the most part. Example, I got 500 when I hit level 10.

JambiBum

Pez, can you say why the social playlist is limited to 2 people in a squad? That seems backwards and there are definitely times when you have more than 2 people but don't want to play ranked matches. It's unfortunate.

m23

Pez, can you say why the social playlist is limited to 2 people in a squad? That seems backwards and there are definitely times when you have more than 2 people but don't want to play ranked matches. It's unfortunate.

Wait what? I usually play with 4 or more people and we stick to social for the most part. Please let this be some sort if glitch.

Also, can anyone help me out with something. I won't be getting the game until Tuesday, and I won't be able to even start the install until 6-7pm after work. My question is, do I need to install the day 1 update if I'm planning on just playing campaign for the first day? Is there anything in the day 1 update that effects the single player mode?

I usually get to bed by 11 since I wake up at 5, so having to install a day 1 update on top of the disc install means I won't even be able to play on Tuesday.

sTiTcH AU

For those with the chat pad on the xbox controller. WASD moves your character, R reloads and space rolls. Found it quite funny.

Question on the score: does it use the classic gears of war motive that the original trilogy used? (I loved that score, especially the Steve jablonski version)

Top Bottom