• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

z3phon

I got the standard version for the game from my GTX 1080 is there some way to upgrade to the ultimate version?

edit: thanks Hyper

MattyG

Banned
Question: I looked away real quick during the cutscene when they Act 1 Chapter 3 spoilers (minor)
first meet the DeeBee that has the first minister's head projected on it. What did she day to them? JD said "it's not about raids" in the scene after.

Question: I looked away real quick during the cutscene when they Act 1 Chapter 3 spoilers (minor)
first meet the DeeBee that has the first minister's head projected on it. What did she day to them? JD said "it's not about raids" in the scene after.
She said something about Outsiders taking her people.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Love the gameplay so far...but the graphics are disappointing 😞 (Maybe I was spoiled by forza horizon)Will try the PC version tomorrow

JambiBum

Does anyone know how to use the retro lancer in multi? Is it just a pick up now? There's no loadout to choose from until you get into the game and it isn't an option.

Dominator

I'm not saying the game is ugly by any means, but some textures look rough on Xbox One. It still looks great in motion but up close in some cutscenes, the bad stuff stands out a little more.

Still, its Gears, and I'm loving the gameplay so far.

MrMatt555

HOW DO I GET THE REST OF THE GEARS COLLECTION?

I just downloaded Gears 4 ultimate edition and am entitled to receiving the previous gears games for free as back compat. Where are they?

Dominator

HOW DO I GET THE REST OF THE GEARS COLLECTION?

I just downloaded Gears 4 ultimate edition and am entitled to receiving the previous gears games for free as back compat. Where are they?
You will get a message via Xbox Live with 4 codes for the games. Its random when they come.

I fired it up for the first time just now and getting used to KB+M is gonna take some getting used to having never played a 3rd person shooter with it. I'm tempted to just plug a controller in, but I want to get used to this for competitive.

I fired it up for the first time just now and getting used to KB+M is gonna take some getting used to having never played a 3rd person shooter with it. I'm tempted to just plug a controller in, but I want to get used to this for competitive.

Give it a bit and you'll get the hang of it. Don't be aftaid to change the key bindings to something you like more, some of the default bindings are slightly questionable.

Nokterian

PC version is so damn good i have played a lot of pc games but this is one of the most optimized games i played at launch. Other developers could still learn from this, give me those options and bells and whistles than i am good to go.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
PC version is so damn good i have played a lot of pc games but this is one of the most optimized games i played at launch. Other developers could still learn from this, give me those options and bells and whistles than i am good to go.

wait wait...

a game released through the windows store is amazing at launch? might dive in then.

B00TE

Going from versus to horde on the xbone is rough, lol. Maintains a smooth 60 fps on my brothers PC, makes me jealous. Loving the cross play!
My dad ended up just watching us play before falling back asleep (though he'd occasionally be awake enough to hear the POP from headshots and start chuckling), but man I can't wait to get all of us in horde mode. The class system seems really neat, scout seems up my alley just for the mobility and starting with a retro lancer.

newsguy

Blown up, the xbone version isn't too sharp. Looks like it's not 1080p or there's some kind of dynamic resolution thing going on in the distance.

MattyG

Banned
Just finished Act 1. It was hard to put it down just when I
was getting to The Estate
, but at least I know some awesome stuff awaits me in the morning. It's even better than I thought it'd be. Just so, so fun. It feels very different in a lot of ways, but it's also clear that The Coalition gets Gears and knew exactly how to move it forward.

The only thing is, I feel like I missed something crucial or they just haven't explained the entirety of what happened in the 25 years between 3-4 yet. There's a lot of references and phrases being thrown around that I'm confused about, and I can't tell if I missed something or if it'll be explained later.

Is JD voiced by Nolan North? I was getting some Uncharted vibes last night.

Dat opening though, Jesus Christ.

Also, the multiplayer feels A LOT faster than previous titles or is it just me?

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
Is JD voiced by Nolan North? I was getting some Uncharted vibes last night.

Dat opening though, Jesus Christ.

Also, the multiplayer feels A LOT faster than previous titles or is it just me?

Voiced by Liam McIntyre (aka Spartacus or the Weather Wizard from The Flash)

Kalentan

I'm on Act 2 Chapter 3 and I really hope I fight the Swarm soon. The Deebees were fun at first but the amount the game throws at you in such a short span makes them quickly become very monotonous. The amount of times the characters have said that a drop ship is dropping them in is insane, and I'm only 3 hours or so in.

vivekTO

Blown up, the xbone version isn't too sharp. Looks like it's not 1080p or there's some kind of dynamic resolution thing going on in the distance.

There is dynamic resolution , although i don't know how low it will get in some situations.
Are you on orginal xbox or slim. Did DF confirms the lowest resolution on Xbox?

Anyone played a lot of Gears multiplayer before and gets their ass handed to them in 4? Maybe I'm getting old or lost my touch, but I was a fucking wreck last night. Could be that only the die-hard hardcore fans were playing, but man I was a disgrace. Hope it'll come back to me.

Hawk269

Game is amazing looking. Yeah, there are some textures here and there that could be better, but the lighting and the IQ is just amazing. HDR is WOW!!! I tried both HDR and NON-HDR and wow the difference is pretty dramatic. I just got a new 4k/HDR set and only made some slight changes to the TV settings and this game is blowing me away visually. Some of the best IQ I have seen in a while.

Between this game and Forza Horizon 3, I am quite shocked this is coming from the Xbox One. I have the PC version with 2xTitan X Pascal GPU's, will give that a shot tomorrow to see what it is like in 4k. I am hoping I can max it out at 4k/60fps.

Bottom line after getting to Act 2, Part 3 I am really impressed by not only the game play, but visually the game is a stunner. Character models and lighting are just top notch and has been pretty smooth in regards to frame rate as well.

Wubbys

Played horde on pc with three guys on xbox and it was seamless and beautiful. Really digging the cross play cross buy.

Theorry

Game is amazing looking. Yeah, there are some textures here and there that could be better, but the lighting and the IQ is just amazing. HDR is WOW!!! I tried both HDR and NON-HDR and wow the difference is pretty dramatic. I just got a new 4k/HDR set and only made some slight changes to the TV settings and this game is blowing me away visually. Some of the best IQ I have seen in a while.

Between this game and Forza Horizon 3, I am quite shocked this is coming from the Xbox One. I have the PC version with 2xTitan X Pascal GPU's, will give that a shot tomorrow to see what it is like in 4k. I am hoping I can max it out at 4k/60fps.

Bottom line after getting to Act 2, Part 3 I am really impressed by not only the game play, but visually the game is a stunner. Character models and lighting are just top notch and has been pretty smooth in regards to frame rate as well.

You even get put it on insane with one Titan i believe.

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition

We will have Multi GPU support in the very very near future.

Top Bottom