• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Ballistik

I am primarily on Xbox and I don't have a top of the line graphics card, but the fact that I can run the single player campaign at 60 FPS on medium settings.. makes me really happy. I'll sacrifice the graphics slightly to keep that 60 FPS because I could not stand Gears: UE campaign being stuck at 30 FPS on Xbox. When you get used to 60 and then try to do the campaign at 30, it's a jarring difference.

I'll be completing the campaign on my PC and doing versus on Xbox!

Hawk269

We will have Multi GPU support in the very very near future.

Oh, I thought it was already in the game. I have not played it yet, will wait till tomorrow. Do you know how one of my single Titan X Pascal OC to 2050 and I7-3930k OC to 4.7 be able to handle the game at 4k? Will I be able to hit 4k/60fps with a single card maxed out or is this something that only a dual GPU setup can handle and I should wait till you implement multi gpu support to get 4k/60fps maxed out?

BTW...Games looks incredible on Xbox One, still blown away on the IQ and your team did a fantastic job with the HDR implementation. Congrats!!!

Theorry

Oh, I thought it was already in the game. I have not played it yet, will wait till tomorrow. Do you know how one of my single Titan X Pascal OC to 2050 and I7-3930k OC to 4.7 be able to handle the game at 4k? Will I be able to hit 4k/60fps with a single card maxed out or is this something that only a dual GPU setup can handle and I should wait till you implement multi gpu support to get 4k/60fps maxed out?

BTW...Games looks incredible on Xbox One, still blown away on the IQ and your team did a fantastic job with the HDR implementation. Congrats!!!

Jackfrags even ran it on insane.

Gears of War 4 running on PC at 4K 60FPS. this game looks and runs incredible. This is the prologue to the campaign... Gameplay running on GeForce GTX Titan X Pascal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBHBNLdykTc

MXRider

The first two acts of this game have amazing pace and fun gameplay. I just wanna keep playing but I should get some sleep.

golem

Is the game played all at night time?

30129817176_66c1bf9c2b_o.png

Hawk269

A 1070 can run this at 4K/60fps? That's crazy.

According to the screen shot he has dynamic resolution turned on, so it may be dynamically changing resolution to maintain 60fps. Only way to test for sure with a 1070 is turn off the dynamic resolution mode and see what it does.

Playing this on PC at the moment. I've got a 980Ti. 1080p ultra and after 2.5 hours of play, I've yet to see a single drop below 60fps. It mostly hovers around 100fps. The Coalition just schooled everyone. And the game itself plays like a dream, and looks absolutely stunning. I had to force myself to stop playing after I reached Act 2 because I have class at 10. Fuck, this is a good game. And I've yet to try out Horde and PvP.

can a 970 run this game at close to 60fps on the setting below 'Insane'?

If you turn down shadows, SSR, and AO to high, easily.

Azzawon

Installed overnight (disc install) and woke up this morning hoping to play a few online matches before going to work. Every playlist I tried (competitive Execution, TDM, Dodgeball) all timed out before even finding any players. Is this a server problem or something on my end?

Also, I didn't receive a code for my Brothers to the End pack from GAME, which I'm pretty pissed about.

tuna_love

Banned
I imagine that as long as you sign in with your Microsoft account, you can download it to any PC.
Now I'm sure that they have to be logged into your Microsoft account to actually play it.
my brother bought it but the amazing store won't let him download it, need to speed this process up a bit

pronk420

Yay my copy just dispatched from simplygames

I'm thinking about picking up a new xbox one controller for it, am I right in thinking that the newer ones with the 3.5mm plug can play stereo game audio into headphones like the PS4? Or is it just for voice chat?

Gowans

Yay my copy just dispatched from simplygames

I'm thinking about picking up a new xbox one controller for it, am I right in thinking that the newer ones with the 3.5mm plug can play stereo game audio into headphones like the PS4? Or is it just for voice chat?

Its both

Impulsor

As some other psoters have said.

I started the campaign yesterday on my xbox one S + Samsung UE55KS9000.

This game blew my mind, the IQ, the artwork, the graphics and the HDR are just plain incredible.

You don't need native 4k for a game to look absolutely stunning and this is the perfect proof.

It's the best looking game that has been displayed in my TV that takes advantage of HDR.

I mean, I'm at a loss for words, I just can't put into words how amazing this thing looks in a 4k HDR tv.

Mdk7

The first two acts of this game have amazing pace and fun gameplay. I just wanna keep playing but I should get some sleep.

Consider this: the best is yet to come.
And also the worst, I personally hated the final 20' or so.
Anyway, you're in for a sweeet ride man.

GTs? We may have people look into it in the morning. Will update when I can.

It may be NAT related issues as strict NATs (especially for PC users) may be holding you guys back.

o EVA UNIT 01 o
ABraThatFits

When we party up and launch the game the game will simply hang on opening cutscenes for me while my friend begins,at this point im immediately kicked.
And after attempting to join in progress the processing invitation message never goes through

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
o EVA UNIT 01 o
ABraThatFits

When we party up and launch the game the game will simply hang on opening cutscenes for me while my friend begins,at this point im immediately kicked.
And after attempting to join in progress the processing invitation message never goes through

Thanks. Hope to have an update tomorrow AM. Sorry for the trouble. It sounds like NAT issues potentially on your side where your connection is fairly strict on a router or something. But I will see if they can look into how youre connecting.

I have a couple of issues I wondered if anyone else has had(playing on PC):

1 - Last night world textures and character textures would only load in as the low setting for some reason, that seems to have fixed itself now and the game looks great.

2 - Horrific screen tearing but only in cutscenes, the game runs great but the cutscenes are choppy and almost unwatchable. This has only happened this morning as they were fine last night.

Mifec

Thanks. Hope to have an update tomorrow AM. Sorry for the trouble. It sounds like NAT issues potentially on your side where your connection is fairly strict on a router or something. But I will see if they can look into how youre connecting.

My NAT is open though so maybe my coop partners is strict.

Novocaine

Played horde on pc with three guys on xbox and it was seamless and beautiful. Really digging the cross play cross buy.

It's my favorite feature of this game. Having 2 separate userbases together rather than fragmented will do wonders for the games lifespan.

Ok Im not clear on this and some clarification would help.

If in playing with friends and we have a mixed group of PC and Xbone players is there still some kind of non ranked matchmaking we can do or is it only private games and horde?

Theorry

Ok Im not clear on this and some clarification would help.

If in playing with friends and we have a mixed group of PC and Xbone players is there still some kind of non ranked matchmaking we can do or is it only private games and horde?

Only private games. VS bots, Horde and Campaign.

Theorry

Can't download it on my PC:

v5yugEX.jpg

UbJg1EO.jpg

Recore is downloading fine though.

Tried this possible fix:

http://www.windowscentral.com/gears-war-4-xbox-one-and-windows-10-pc-known-launch-issues

Nothing changed.

What now?

Try this.

"Something happened on our end" is a bug some people are hitting that'll be fixed soon.

In the meantime you should be able to work around it by doing the following:

1) Navigate to the bundle page in the store for the bundle you ordered (standard edition preorder bundle or ultimate edition preorder bundle)
2) From the bundle page, do not go to the standalone Gears 4 page. Instead, go straight to "My Library" - you should be able to click Manage to do this
3) From "My library" click the download arrow next to gears of war 4

newsguy

There is dynamic resolution , although i don't know how low it will get in some situations.
Are you on orginal xbox or slim. Did DF confirms the lowest resolution on Xbox?

I'm on the slim. Really, it looks fine, but at projection sizes, the lower resolution becomes obvious when looking at distances. Some textures are muddy as well, but overall it looks fine.

Top Bottom