• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Moofers

I am just about an hour into the campaign and so far I really like it except for Cheech, I mean Oscar. He's not the worst character in the world, but he's annoying and super hammy. He's the reminder that most videogames still aren't where they could be in terms of storytelling.

I'm super excited to get into Horde today. I held off last night just because I knew I'd be going to bed not long after everything was installed and all my gear packs were open, but I'm ready now and cannot wait to get into it! My engineer already has a couple of abilities at level 3 so here's hoping I can be useful to some squad!

jadedm17

Digital is $99+tax to play right now.

Physical is $84 with tax (Best Buy Gamer's Club Unlocked 20%)
+ $10 certificate
+$20 copper mug and coaster set

Okay, so I've lost my Gears 2 RC Car preorder, but I still want that stuff.

Also my friend got the standard edition so I won't even touch story or horde for a few days anyways so I'll wait, a few days won't kill me. Hopefully.

I forgot how high the learning curve is in this game. I've always played shooters growing up and I've never raged so hard in any series other than Gears.

Multiplayer. Spam A. Wall bounce. Shotgun.

Oh you're on the left side? Too bad. The other guy has right hand advantage. You lose.

End rant.

Don't spam A man. Gears is all about timing. You can go mad and wallbounce 100 times a second but you won't hit shit and any experienced player will just stand there and 1 shot you. And you'll be like "how did he get me he wasn't even wall bouncing!". Gears is a pretty rhythmic game. But it's also really hard to describe how to effectively play, it's just practice I guess. Good luck!

Good advice : Space Invaders taught us decades ago to follow the trajectory and shoot where they will be, not where they are currently.

Also : KEEP DISTANCE
Gears is not a shotgun game as much as people think; I've spent many hours in multiplayer and every weapon has its usefullness. Boltoks in Gears 3 were amazing headshot machines for instance. You have many weapons to use so find their purpose : Don't fight only close combat, learn to play at a distance and then fight close as a last resort - not a first one.

Raxus

Anyone able to Co-op on PC? I haven't been able to connect to a public game since launch but I can do horde mode and Versus just fine.

Theorry

Ok you scared me for a minute there lol. I will get a code in an email that will allow me to download from the MS Store today right? I don't own an XB1

Jup.

Anyone able to Co-op on PC? I haven't been able to connect to a public game since launch but I can do horde mode and Versus just fine.

I think there is abit of a problem atm for campaign coop on PC. Saw some people here reporting it and saw it on some streams. Horde and Versus is fine. Dont think its only NAT issues.

Ok you scared me for a minute there lol. I will get a code in an email that will allow me to download from the MS Store today right? I don't own an XB1

If you bought the digital edition you shouldn't need any new codes.

ed: oh, unless they haven't sent you your code yet, in which case, yeah.

The big set pieces at the end of act 2 and start of 4, are really frustrating! They have potential to be awesome, because the concepts are...they look visually spectualar and the music is good enough, but the gameplay and direction in them is just poor .

j-wood

Man this sucks. I really want both the pc and xbox version, but the ultimate edition is cheaper with GCU if you go physical and I wouldn't mind having that mug. I really don't have any options do i?

Mifec

I was not able to. I reported it to the coalition representative here, gave him some more info. We'll see what happens now.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Is this social playlist with bot fill always going to be limited to teams of 2? Almost every game I've played in core has had people quit. I just want to roll from game to game I don't care about ranks.

Spasm

Saw the gunked JD figure at Best Buy and is shit. The image is nothing like what you get.
That is not encouraging. Mine's out for delivery. I lived though the shitty RoTR statue, I don't think I could handle the same thing for Gears.

Man this sucks. I really want both the pc and xbox version, but the ultimate edition is cheaper with GCU if you go physical and I wouldn't mind having that mug. I really don't have any options do i?

Does the mug come with the digital version? That at least gets you a $10 certificate, as well. There's also that trade in deal where you get a bunch of credit and a code towards the physical or digital version.

Grisby

Welp. Gamestop closed on the account of the storm, even though it's barely sprinkling here.

Now walking while the ultimate edition downloads. I will play Gears today gorramit.

CaptainColada

Neo Member
GT: CaptainColada

I'm looking for someone to start up a campaign with if you want.

Been a long time since I've played gears. But I am pumped for this one.

j-wood

Does the mug come with the digital version? That at least gets you a $10 certificate, as well. There's also that trade in deal where you get a bunch of credit and a code towards the physical or digital version.

Looks like that only works towards the physical version though :(

Really sorry if this has been asked already, but do you need two copies of the game to coop on two PC's? I know there's split screen, but I'm terrible at playing like that.

I really want to coop with my wife, and I'm not interested in the mp or horde.

Really sorry if this has been asked already, but do you need two copies of the game to coop on two PC's? I know there's split screen, but I'm terrible at playing like that.

I really want to coop with my wife, and I'm not interested in the mp or horde.

I have it installed on my Xbox One and PC. Me and my bro can play co-op while I play on PC, and he's on the Xbox One S signed in to a different XBL Gold account.

N7.Angel

The multiplayer has the same problem the beta have, annoying, we still can't hear ennemies, the match take 10 years to charge and we still have sound bugs...

Top Bottom