• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

MCD

JQ6vcPi.jpg

It's downloading now. I only checked privacy settings and turned off some Data collecting settings. Other than that did nothing, thing just fixed itself.

Lren

Really enjoying the multiplayer so far partly because of how damn well the PC version is optimized. Especially because playing Horde mode in 60fps is amazing, it all just feels really fluid and fast. Already unlocked the two skins I wanted so now it's all about them weapon skins!

Spasm

Man, I wish so many people wouldn't have made a stink about the Halo 5 CE being diskless/digital. I would much rather have a digital code in the Gears 4 CE. MS needs a disk to digital trade-in program, especially now with Play Anywhere. Grrr. Pardon the salt.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Damn contacted customer services to upgrade to the Ultimate Edition and they said its no longer possible since its now been released. Dunno how true that is. :(

keezy

I forgot how high the learning curve is in this game. I've always played shooters growing up and I've never raged so hard in any series other than Gears.

Multiplayer. Spam A. Wall bounce. Shotgun.

Oh you're on the left side? Too bad. The other guy has right hand advantage. You lose.

End rant.

Redmoon

So apparently my insider preview build (Build 14936) might have been causing issues with launching the game, and they suggested to revert the build, so I did. Now I cant download it at all, and none of the fixes are working :(

Any tips?

etta

my hard graphic balls
So apparently my insider preview build (Build 14936) might have been causing issues with launching the game, and they suggested to revert the build, so I did. Now I cant download it at all, and none of the fixes are working :(

Any tips?

System restore is one of the things that you can do, but that's probably in the middle of the list of things to try out first, I don't even know how it works with Insider builds.

3DShovel

I forgot how high the learning curve is in this game. I've always played shooters growing up and I've never raged so hard in any series other than Gears.

Oh you're on the left side? Too bad. The other guy has right hand advantage. You lose.

End rant.

"Spam A" isn't accurate. There's clearly a way to master the mechanic. Gears had always had a huge skill gap, nothing has changed there.

And the right hand advantage is not necessarily a guaranteed win. Closing the distance and shooting first is how you win shotgun fights. The alternative is to keep your distance and chip as they approach. But you won't gib with that style of play, so be prepared to clean up your kill.

Iceman829

Is there something wrong with the customization section on the main menu? When I tried using it last night I kept getting some kind of server error. Does this mean you can't customize anything if the server is down/unable to connect? Seems kinda dumb especially if they are charging people real money for skins and whatnot. I remember you used to be able to customize what character and weapon skins you preferred for MP in the other games.

Otherwise I only played the prologue last night since it was late. I'm looking forward to the weekend to play some horde and mp. I'll probably check back here later since it doesn't seem like anyone on my friends list picked up the UE

Damn contacted customer services to upgrade to the Ultimate Edition and they said its no longer possible since its now been released. Dunno how true that is. :(

That's strange. I swore people were upgrading their FH3 to the UE when that launched over the weekend. Can't they just refund you and then you could purchase the UE? They can't give you a mark against your account for canceling a preorder

B00TE

Is there something wrong with the customization section on the main menu? When I tried using it last night I kept getting some kind of server error. Does this mean you can't customize anything if the server is down/unable to connect? Seems kinda dumb especially if they are charging people real money for skins and whatnot. I remember you used to be able to customize what character and weapon skins you preferred for MP in the other games.

It was giving errors for a bit, but it went away relatively quickly.

If MS was smart they would add a simple upgrade to Ultimate edition for all of us pleebs that bought the regular version and want to play this weekend. I would totally upgrade, but I'm not about to waste my time returning stuff and re buying and dealing with customer service

If MS was smart they would add a simple upgrade to Ultimate edition for all of us pleebs that bought the regular version and want to play this weekend. I would totally upgrade, but I'm not about to waste my time returning stuff and re buying and dealing with customer service

Crazy that they don't do this. I swore I saw something for Forza Horizons 3 like that. Must have dreamed it up.

Unity2012

Graphics are really amazing especially with HDR...

Started the game exactly at Midnight :)

Game looks awesome!

Game is amazing looking. Yeah, there are some textures here and there that could be better, but the lighting and the IQ is just amazing. HDR is WOW!!! I tried both HDR and NON-HDR and wow the difference is pretty dramatic. I just got a new 4k/HDR set and only made some slight changes to the TV settings and this game is blowing me away visually. Some of the best IQ I have seen in a while.

Between this game and Forza Horizon 3, I am quite shocked this is coming from the Xbox One. I have the PC version with 2xTitan X Pascal GPU's, will give that a shot tomorrow to see what it is like in 4k. I am hoping I can max it out at 4k/60fps.

Bottom line after getting to Act 2, Part 3 I am really impressed by not only the game play, but visually the game is a stunner. Character models and lighting are just top notch and has been pretty smooth in regards to frame rate as well.

The game does look beautiful. Thank you "The Coalition," it looks amazing, rich in colors and depth without losing the Gears feel to it. I can imagine the HDR must be even better.
The new characters are great as well; they fit right in. Transitioning from the intro to Act 1 was a treat as well. So happy with the game already. Thank you.

Dominator

Act 1 Chapter 2 question. It says I have to grab this fabricator and I'm looking at it right now, but there is no icon and nothing to click or do with it. Is this a bug?

Iceman829

If I did "upgrade" with the return method would I have to re download everything? I already have it preloaded on both XB1 and my PC
It shouldn't. They basically take your license away and then you rebuy it. The game is still installed on your hard drive. I don't think anything can be deleted off your hard drive unless you do it.

Is there a neogaf gears club yet?

There is. It's called "GearsGAF" and I think nihilence is the leader

Azzawon

Pez, or anyone from Coalition or MS - how is the Brothers to the End DLC distributed please? I picked up my pre-ordered copy of the Ultimate Edition (from GAME, in the UK) last night and received codes for the Hot Rod, Black Walnut, Marcus Tattoo, Outsider and Foam packs, but I'm still not seeing Zombie Dom, Tomorrow Anya or the golden weapon skins in-game. Are these sent out in a message on Xbox Live at some point?

Theorry

Pez, or anyone from Coalition or MS - how is the Brothers to the End DLC distributed please? I picked up my pre-ordered copy of the Ultimate Edition (from GAME, in the UK) last night and received codes for the Hot Rod, Black Walnut, Marcus Tattoo, Outsider and Foam packs, but I'm still not seeing Zombie Dom, Tomorrow Anya or the golden weapon skins in-game. Are these sent out in a message on Xbox Live at some point?

Edit: Not reading right.

Just finished watching ActaBunniFooFoos insane campaign playthrough stream and holy shit that ending cut scene. I can't wait to see where the story goes from here. Well done The Coalition. Can't wait to play it for myself on Tuesday.

Caja 117

Ok, Ill wait to see, but so far nothing yet. Thank you

So far haven't received anything regarding the BC gears game that comes with the preorders, anyone know if the Ultimate Edition really comes wiht this (I preorder it like a day before in the XBOX Store)

Related to this I bought the ultimate edition and have game sharing enabled but the shared account doesn't have the DLC characters available for selection despite being listed as installed when viewing the Brothers pack on the main xbox store.

Glitch or account locked maybe?

jadedm17

Located in central Florida - no hurricane but we will be getting hit with rain and wind soon it seems - my job has closed today. After fighting my conscience on my moral thoughts to try and pick up Gears at Bestbuy as planned I decided to try as they're only a mile away.

They're closed.

Happy fighting my friends, looks like I've got another 36 hours before I can join you on the battlefield. (Tomorrow I work noon to at least eight.)

Theorry

So far haven't received anything regarding the BC gears game that comes with the preorders, anyone know if the Ultimate Edition really comes wiht this (I preorder it like a day before in the XBOX Store)

Every copy gets it. Slow roll out probably. :)

Redmoon

Resolved my downloading issue by going to ANN edition of W10 from insider builds. Now lets hope after the download finishes, the game runs fine.

Located in central Florida - no hurricane but we will be getting hit with rain and wind soon it seems - my job has closed today. After fighting my conscience on my moral thoughts to try and pick up Gears at Bestbuy as planned I decided to try as they're only a mile away.

They're closed.

Happy fighting my friends, looks like I've got another 36 hours before I can join you on the battlefield. (Tomorrow I work noon to at least eight.)

digital?

JB1981

I just bought the Play Anywhere Ultimate Edition thru the MS Store.. I will receive an email with a digital code for the PC version that I will be able to play today correct ?

Haklong

Played a whole bunch on Xbox One last night and it looked and played great. This morning I had a chance to play it on my PC with a Titan X Maxwell at 1440P G-SYNC and damn! Great job on the PC version guys. Everything set to ultra and it still runs above 60 fps.

I just bought the Play Anywhere Ultimate Edition thru the MS Store.. I will receive an email with a digital code for the PC version that I will be able to play today correct ?

Nope, it's all the same code. Just boot up the Windows Store and start the download.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Just to confirm: there's no way I can buy this today to play on the weekend, right? Have to wait until release day?

vac

Neo Member

End rant.

Don't spam A man. Gears is all about timing. You can go mad and wallbounce 100 times a second but you won't hit shit and any experienced player will just stand there and 1 shot you. And you'll be like "how did he get me he wasn't even wall bouncing!". Gears is a pretty rhythmic game. But it's also really hard to describe how to effectively play, it's just practice I guess. Good luck!

Murkas

Just to double check, is the only way I can play this on PC is the horrible £50 price tag on the Windows 10 store?

Top Bottom