• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Aggie CMD

I'm really bothered by the fiscal policies of the COG. I feel their military budget must be heavily inflated and is poorly spent. They have awfully elaborate methods of deploying troops that are quickly dispatched by a handful or rural country folk. The tax rate for citizens must be outrageous and limiting their purchasing power to buy things like ultimate editions of games that release four days early.

Lren

Really liking the new weapons a lot. The Enforcer and Embar being the two that I enjoy the most. Gonna get around to doing the campaign soonish, the multiplayer is just waaaay to fun to put down right now though.

thatJohann

I'll take it. My friends don't have Gears so I'm trying to get them all codes. I have Gears 2 and 3, but I missed GWG for Gears 1 (somehow) so I'll take that code whenever I get my copy from getting Gears 4. Just trying to share the love.

Anyone want to give me codes, you can pm them to me, I have people waiting for them (like 4 of them). :) But of course the rest of GAF can get them as well.

Done. Sent you code via DM

f@luS

More than a member.
Does PAL normal version of gow4 also includes previous one to download ? I just bought 2/3/judgement on amazon 😅

Xater

Played quite a bit of all the parts at this point and I am loving this game. I think I might end up enjoying this just as much as Gears 3 if not more.

Anyone know if I can play coop campaign with my brother if: I sign in to my main account I bought Gears 4 UE on PC, while my brother plays on his own account on the xbox one?

Really want to appreciate the small details they put in campaign and splitscreen does not help with that lol

Iceman829

I have a regular ol 40 inch 1080p HDTV.

If the S is going to cost you more I wouldn't bother with it. The HDR feature is the main selling point to buy that console and with a normal tv you won't have that.

Anyone know if I can play coop campaign with my brother if: I sign in to my main account I bought Gears 4 UE on PC, while my brother plays on his own account on the xbox one?

Really want to appreciate the small details they put in campaign and splitscreen does not help with that lol

Yes, Just make sure that the xbox your brother is on is your home console (if it's the only xbox one you use it probably is already defaulted). If you have an issue just do the following:

Designate an Xbox One console as your home Xbox

Scroll left from Home to open the guide.
Select Settings.
Select All Settings.
Select Personalization.
Select My home Xbox.

Ok thanks. It was 2 or 3 days ago so it just hasn't gotten to me yet.

Give it a week and then contact support if nothing has arrived by then.

dugdug

Banned
Holy shit, I had no idea how fleshed out the multiplayer suite is at launch. I guess I shouldn't be surprised given how much they've focused on MP since the start, but, after being disappointed with Uncharted 4's MP, I have low expectations for old favorites.

So psyched to jump in on Tuesday.

Arkanius

Here I was saying those codes were useless to me, then I remembered I still have my X360 connected to my TV and I never ended up buying Gears of War 3 or Judgement.

FML

Calibos

Just doing some switching back and forth from my PC at work and the Xbox one in our lounge....The "Play Anywhere" stuff is pretty awesome! Also, I like that when I am on PC I can invite a PC player and vice versa...such good stuff.

This game runs amazing on my PC. Core i7 4770 16 gigs of ram with a GTX 970 mixture of High and Ultra it defaulted to and its runs at 60 frames a sec like 99.9% of the time. Great job coalition!

MarveI

YES AND I LOVE IT

But damn the rage quitters when they die.

Oh absolutely. I understand when you have to leave or you can't escape a certain round after re-trying a lot of times but I see so many people quit after a couple rounds or as soon as they die once. Which is why playing horde with strangers can be quite frustrating.
I do have to say horde is probably the one mode in gaming where I see a lot of teamwork, a lot of people running to revive a teammate as soon as they go down. I love that.

Please tell me there are more characters than what you see at the start. The character roster is super weak and the skins for each are all the same.

Played a match of Dodgeball this morning before work. Seems great and I really enjoyed it in the beta too.

Looking forward to playing the campaign tonight. We need to get some GAF crews together to play some Horde

Has the Hammerburst improved at all since the beta? It was quite the piece of shit.

If you hit your shots it downs really fast. At least that's what I noticed. I much prefer the semi auto versions though. Enforcer is pretty fun. It definitely catches people though easy to out maneuver. Bad gnasher players might complain about it
like they did with the retro

If you hit your shots it downs really fast. At least that's what I noticed. I much prefer the semi auto versions though. Enforcer is pretty fun. It definitely catches people though easy to out maneuver. Bad gnasher players might complain about it
like they did with the retro

So how is the retro different now?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Loving this so far! Runs great on my PC (i7-4790k, 970, 16gb ram). Defaulted to high, but I bumped everything except motion blur to ultra and it's not yet gone below 59.x fps.

Kordelle

So I just finished the campaign and I think it was very very great, I have one issue tho':
They showed everything, the Mechs, the Bike, the mid-Boss, even the endboss (Launchtrailer) and the Swarmaks (at Conan), I mean seriously? The only thing they didn't show is Baird.
imo not cool to get spoilered that much if you watch some trailers and commercials

There is no way to switch your default loadout right? I want to make sure I'm not missing it somehow.

It's quite annoying having to change it at the start of every match.

Xater

Played a match of Dodgeball this morning before work. Seems great and I really enjoyed it in the beta too.

Looking forward to playing the campaign tonight. We need to get some GAF crews together to play some Horde

Definitely need to get some Horde games going.

I did not think the Engineer would be so popular, so I actually started playing more soldier and scout.

splattered

Don't know if there is another thread on this or not (Didn't see one from scrolling a bit) but Amazon has delayed my Ultimate Edition to next Wednesday.... I ordered this September 12th but I am reading online that people who even preordered the second it became available are also not receiving it until Weds.

Amazon has repeatedly messed up delivery for games... almost every game I've preordered from them this year has arrive a day to a week late.

*I also preordered the more expensive Outsider Variant Collector's Edition for my wife alongside the Ultimate Edition and she did receive her Collector's Edition this afternoon...

**Just called Amazon back again and a different rep assured me that the game will still be delivered today because I have a delivery guarantee of the 7th for this game... she wants to call me back at 8pm to see if I got the game. She said that if it doesn't arrive I can cancel the game and re-order it. I asked her what good this would do me and she got upset? I mentioned the credit the previous rep offered me for the trouble and she talked over me and said she would call me back at 8pm to follow up.

Please tell me there are more characters than what you see at the start. The character roster is super weak and the skins for each are all the same.

Yeah it's weak. But they're most likely going to add new character/weapon skins each month when the new maps are added in rotation.

At least I hope so.

All this multiplayer talk is getting me kinda hyped.

Was planning on picking this up on sale post-Xmas for the campaign only, but now I'm considering jumping in next week for the multi.

Lima

Unable to connect to Gears of War services. Man fuck this shit. Can't even play online campaign. Same thing happened with the Horizon early access. Don't do this shit if you can't make sure the servers actually work. Bleh.

In regards to campaign I've tried to stay blind as much possible. Been 5 years since the last mainline Gears game. I'm super pumped to see how this turns out.

Top Bottom