• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Thewonandonly

Happy Gears Day!

Gears 3: HG4JY-N6DQG-FH223-CDFMG-C9WYR

Damn, this update is taking forever!

Well I may have been stalking this thread waiting for you to post this and well I got it. Thank you very much kind sir :) you have made my series complete after my dumb ass 16-year-old self sold all 3 gears games, borderlands 2, and dark souls 2, plus my xbox 360 for a fucking 60 sack of weed :(

Ibuki

Banned
This might have been answered already, but is there any way to upgrade to the Ultimate Edition in order to play today?

thatJohann

Just picked up my physical copy in NYC. YAY! Can't wait and so pumped for the free BC Gears titles! Wasn't aware of that! Fun weekend ahead!

OY9Acy4.jpg

MarveI

Horde IS TOUGH. I mean I was expecting it but didn't really fully grasp it until I played it. I couldn't get past wave 8 on hardcore can't imagine how it's possible to achieve wave 50 on insane.I loved the previous Hordes a lot but even on insane it wasn't that hard so I'm glad they made it a real challenge. I only played Horde as of yet as it's the one mode I love the most and it is imo close maybe better than all the previous ones. Coalition really did a great job taking over the reigns unlike a certain other developer. Bravo also on the excellent PC port. Hopefully MS can use their work for future other releases.

Are there people who need a player for horde ? I'm Dutch and I'm a bit shy about my english accent I think it sucks so if you can forgive that I'd love to tag along.

Hope everyone is hype and enjoys their time with the new Gears! Dropping extra codes for:

Gears of War 1
Gears of War 2
Gears of War 3
Gears of War: Judgment

Just quote to reveal!

Tecnniqe

Banned
Horde IS TOUGH. I mean I was expecting it but didn't really fully grasp it until I played it. I couldn't get past wave 8 on hardcore can't imagine how it's possible to achieve wave 50 on insane.I loved the previous Hordes a lot but even on insane it wasn't that hard so I'm glad they made it a real challenge. I only played Horde as of yet as it's the one mode I love the most and it is imo close maybe better than all the previous ones. Coalition really did a great job taking over the reigns unlike a certain other developer. Bravo also on the excellent PC port. Hopefully MS can use their work for future other releases.

Are there people who need a player for horde ? I'm Dutch and I'm a bit shy about my english accent I think it sucks so if you can forgive that I'd love to tag along.

YES AND I LOVE IT

But damn the rage quitters when they die.

JB1981

I just realized that I never upgraded to Windows 10. I'm gonna have to spend at least $230 today if I want to play this game before Tuesday.

Theorry

I just realized that I never upgraded to Windows 10. I'm gonna have to spend at least $230 today if I want to play this game before Tuesday.

There are some tricks to still upgrade for free i believe, But not sure what they are anymore. Maybe someone else knows?

jyoung188

Dumb question: So if my buddy has this on pc and I have the console version we can play coop campaign together? How does voice chat work?

Dumb question: So if my buddy has this on pc and I have the console version we can play coop campaign together? How does voice chat work?

Yep and just seemed to go through the normal invite system. Granted I was on the one and the were on pc but it worked just fine as if I was chatting to someone on the xbox one.

SaganIsGOAT

Well I may have been stalking this thread waiting for you to post this and well I got it. Thank you very much kind sir :) you have made my series complete after my dumb ass 16-year-old self sold all 3 gears games, borderlands 2, and dark souls 2, plus my xbox 360 for a fucking 60 sack of weed :(

lol

Iceman829

Is the GAF Gears club something like Forza one?

It's an xbox club available to preview members right now. I believe everyone else can access clubs via the preview apps. There is no in game club like FH3 though.

Was I supposed to get codes for the 360 Gears games? I bought the digital ultimate edition

Yes, when did you buy the UE? It make take a few days to get the codes sent. They come via xbl message to your account

Zedox

Ah ok thanks. I have had nothing but bad luck with party chat on xbox one, but last time I tried was with halo 5, so hopefully it got better since then.

Halo 5 was when it was at its worse. Voice chat is much better since then. I haven't had issues with chatting on Xbox.

Caja 117

As soon as I get my codes for the BC games I will be putting a Gears 1 code here for whoever wants it (hopefully I get my codes).

I cant wait to get home tonight, Already passed Act 1 and Cant wait to finish everything up.

SickBoy

Were all the previous Gears games GWG titles, or did I get some of them through other means?

Whatever the case, I'm sure my brother-in-law will be thrilled to get the codes :)

Trying to decide between getting a used fat XB1 and the ultimate edition for around $300 total or splurging and going for the Red Slim...hmm...

Hawk269

When I get my codes for the older games I will give them away...already have all games physical and digital, so going to give them away.

Hawk269

Do you have an HDR tv or plan to buy one soon? That's the only thing I can think of to help you make the decision

Gears in HDR is pretty amazing. I tested both non-HDR and w/HDR and the difference is pretty substantial. Forza HDR is really good as well, but the way they used HDR in Gears is dame right impressive.

So if you plan on buying a 4k set w/HDR in the future, I would spring for the S.

Zedox

Anyone want a free GOW Judgement BC code?

I'll take it. My friends don't have Gears so I'm trying to get them all codes. I have Gears 2 and 3, but I missed GWG for Gears 1 (somehow) so I'll take that code whenever I get my copy from getting Gears 4. Just trying to share the love.

Anyone want to give me codes, you can pm them to me, I have people waiting for them (like 4 of them). :) But of course the rest of GAF can get them as well.

Top Bottom