• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Peterthumpa

PC player. I assumed he was talking about the Play Anywhere stuff. If he wasn't, my bad!
No worries mate. Actually I'm a PC player as well. The reason I'm asking is because we did that with Quantum Break (logging with his account on my PC, downloading the game, playing with my account), and it worked. But since Quantum Break wasn't part of their new Windows 10 gaming approach, I'm not sure if the same thing would work now.

If someone from Coalition is reading this please fix the credits issue. You did a fantastic job with this game you really did but the credits system is infuriating. I played 20 waves of horde which is quite a bit of time and got 50 credits. The elite pack costs 4000 credits. To open 1 elite pack I have to play nearly or more than 100 hours. That is ridiculous. I don't think a lot of people will be buying these packs so making them insanely hard to open with in game credits is not a good look. i already bought the season pass which should be enough keep the microtransactions but don't make it nearly impossible to earn in game credits. I want some of these weapon skins but you're not even guaranteed 1 if you open say 10 packs (I opened around 25+ yesterday because of the ultimate edition + gears controller LE that gave some packs I did not receive 1 weapon skin so you could be opening 10 packs and not get 1 skin. At this rate if you play this game 24/7 you could open maybe a couple packs by the end of the year. Come on that's crazy.

Yup, this.

The credit payout for a multiplayer match is insultingly low.

If someone from Coalition is reading this please fix the credits issue. You did a fantastic job with this game you really did but the credits system is infuriating. I played 20 waves of horde which is quite a bit of time and got 50 credits. The elite pack costs 4000 credits. To open 1 elite pack I have to play nearly or more than 100 hours. That is ridiculous. I don't think a lot of people will be buying these packs so making them insanely hard to open with in game credits is not a good look. i already bought the season pass which should be enough keep the microtransactions but don't make it nearly impossible to earn in game credits. I want some of these weapon skins but you're not even guaranteed 1 if you open say 10 packs (I opened around 25+ yesterday because of the ultimate edition + gears controller LE that gave some packs I did not receive 1 weapon skin so you could be opening 10 packs and not get 1 skin. At this rate if you play this game 24/7 you could open maybe a couple packs by the end of the year. Come on that's crazy.

Yeah, I have 2 hours played of versus and I've only gained 1200 credits.
So that's like 8 hours of gameplay for one elite pack.

I've noticed ranked/core seems to go a lot slower than social quickplay. Not queue times but like getting into and leaving the match after it is done.

N7.Angel

They have many things to fix, some issues I've seen today:

- Crazy load times for matches.
- Are the dedicated servers online ?
- No rolling lobbies.
- unlock system packs in MP is slow as hell, fix it.
- Audio bugs & footsteps still not up to par ( it was one of the main feedback of the beta and they did nothing to fix it, unprofessional )
- Some DLC Items are missing...
- the shooting delay after roadie running is still present and they promised to remove it, a shame.

I'll update the post If I have other issues later.

Just finished the first act and holy shit am I vibing on this hard. It's a great reintroduction to this world and sets up the central mystery well. Loving the characters and having a blast fighting the deebees so far. That final act one cut scene is fucking great too, really cinematic and brings back the horror vibes from the first game.

Overall I'm very impressed so far. Now time to play some multiplayer.

Moofers

Yup, credits gotta increase if they want to hold people's attention who play to open the next gear pack. They should follow Overwatch's or Halo 5's example where you open a few of those things every day.

LowParry

I think I need to do some setting tweaks for PC. Seems there are loading stutters here and there. It goes away quick but kind of annoying. Auto settings have put most of everything on Ultra.

GWX

Happy Gears Day!

Gears 3: HG4JY-N6DQG-FH223-CDFMG-C9WYR

Damn, this update is taking forever!

I applaud the giveaway, but you should be using email tags to keep this hidden from lurkers!

Use as it follows: . Lucky gaffers will then be able to quote and find the hidden code.

Unless the idea was to give away to lurkers as well, then nvm me :p

MarveI

Yeah, I have 2 hours played of versus and I've only gained 1200 credits.
So that's like 8 hours of gameplay for one elite pack.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I bet at least 1000 of those 1200 credits was from levelling up ? Which sounds nice but you have to consider that levelling up to say lvl 20 is easy you can do it in a day or two but the higher you go the longer it'll take to level up and get those credit bonuses. After level 20+ it's going to be harder and harder to gain those credit boosts to the point they won't be of significant importance. I haven't played Overwatch so I can't say for sure but from the games I've played, and I played a lot of games with microtransactions, Gears 4 is by far the worst of them all. It's basically forcing you to buy them if you want to have some of these skins but at the same time it's not attractive enough to do so. With Halo it was easy to earn in game credits I could open a gold pack every 3 matches it was fun but I still bought some packs for the fun of it same with some of the other microtransaction games but with Gears I have no desire whatsoever to buy them. So the only thing left is play to get them and even if I play this game non-stop 24/7 for years I don't think I'll be able to unlock half of everything let alone everything. I dont' think that's cool.

How about a suggestion, a daily free pack for playing the game ? Or daily challenges to reward packs or credits ?

kakashi08

On PC to zoom in on the sniper you have to press mouse 3 button? how am I suppose to use the wheel to zoom in and press mouse 1 to shoot. why isn't it mouse 2 to zoom in.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I bet at least 1000 of those 1200 credits was from levelling up ? Which sounds nice but you have to consider that levelling up to say lvl 20 is easy you can do it in a day or two but the higher you go the longer it'll take to level up and get those credit bonuses. After level 20+ it's going to be harder and harder to gain those credit boosts to the point they won't be of significant importance. I haven't played Overwatch so I can't say for sure but from the games I've played, and I played a lot of games with microtransactions, Gears 4 is by far the worst of them all. It's basically forcing you to buy them if you want to have some of these skins but at the same time it's not attractive enough to do so. With Halo it was easy to earn in game credits I could open a gold pack every 3 matches it was fun but I still bought some packs for the fun of it same with some of the other microtransaction games but with Gears I have no desire whatsoever to buy them. So the only thing left is play to get them and even if I play this game non-stop 24/7 for years I don't think I'll be able to unlock half of everything let alone everything. I dont' think that's cool.

I'm not positive, maybe.
If 1000 of those are from leveling up then it's even worse than I thought.
Because you start with 600 too.

So that means I would have only gained 200 credits over 2 hours.

Xater

Could not agree more. Except for the level up money you basically get jack shit. After an hour of play I should at least be able to open one of those Operations Packs.

Tecnniqe

Banned
You get 500 already from leveling up i believe.
Every 10 level it seems
That ending!
no-2.gif

Adam Fletcher ‏@PezRadar
We are deploying a quick services update for the Gears 4 servers to help with matchmaking. You guys may see a quick hiccup. Just a FYI
Ahh

I think you typically get around what, 15-20 credits for a loss and 40-45 for a win depending on your performance? Excluding level up bonuses that's well over 100 matches for a single elite pack. It's nuts.

MarveI

I'm not positive, maybe.
If 1000 of those are from leveling up then it's even worse than I thought.
Because you start with 600 too.

So that means I would have only gained 200 credits over 2 hours.

200 per 2 hours sounds about right without the level up bonuses. It was around the same for me.

You get 500 already from leveling up i believe.

Again I'm not 100% sure haven't kept track of this but I seem to recall that you get a credit bonus for every 5 level ups ? I got one at lvl 5, 10, 15. I havent' gotten one for reaching 11, 12,13,14 or 16. I don't know how it is beyond 16. Either way this isn't like Forza Horizon 3 where you can level up easily to over 500+ the credit boosts is really nothing compared to the long haul. At best you can get 5-6 packs from levelling up during your entire Gears 4 time (every 5 level is 500 credits so if you're 80 which I don't think many will achieve for a long time that's 16x 500 credits = 8000 credits IF you reach level 80 ! That's 2 elite packs. COME ON !

Theorry

200 per 2 hours sounds about right without the level up bonuses. It was around the same for me.

Again I'm not 100% sure haven't kept track of this but I seem to recall that you get a credit bonus for every 5 level ups ? I got one at lvl 5, 10, 15. I havent' gotten one for reaching 11, 12,13,14 or 16. I don't know how it is beyond 16. Either way this isn't like Forza Horizon 3 where you can level up easily to over 500+ the credit boosts is really nothing compared to the long haul. At best you can get 5-6 packs from levelling up during your entire Gears 4 time (every 5 level is 500 credits so if you're 80 which I don't think many will achieve for a long time that's 16x 500 credits = 8000 credits IF you reach level 80 ! That's 2 elite packs. COME ON !

Oh thats possible also. Not really focused on it.
Maybe you get more credits when higher level later?

Overall they should tweak it abit. Shouldnt be very difficult.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So I bought digitally on the Win 10 store. If and when I get an Xbone(Scorpio), will the free 360 games be available on my account for me to download? Or is this promo ONLY for Xbone Gears 4 purchases?

itsmedave

Can anyone tell me if the standard edition Preorder comes with the first 4 Gears games? I've heard conflicting reports. Was planning on a digital preorder if they do, otherwise I'll just preorder at Best Buy (since I know they come with the BB Version)

j-wood

Can anyone tell me if the standard edition Preorder comes with the first 4 Gears games? I've heard conflicting reports. Was planning on a digital preorder if they do, otherwise I'll just preorder at Best Buy (since I know they come with the BB Version)

To my knowledge it's only the ultimate edition, which is $99

Yes. They all do.

Yeah the credit system is pretty low and takes way too long to get 4000. I get that it's suppose to be the best pack you can get but Jesus. The bounty system migh help but they need to probably increase how much you get per match and how much the bounty gives you.

creatchee

On PC to zoom in on the sniper you have to press mouse 3 button? how am I suppose to use the wheel to zoom in and press mouse 1 to shoot. why isn't it mouse 2 to zoom in.

Mouse 2 is Aim, Mouse 3 is zoom.

Also you have to remember - the game was designed to be played with a controller. The mechanics of it all weren't created with a PC-first mentality.

pizzacat

Banned
Adam Fletcher ‏@PezRadar
We are deploying a quick services update for the Gears 4 servers to help with matchmaking. You guys may see a quick hiccup. Just a FYI
More like a burp :v

Right when we won the xp bar just took too long to load and I didn't et my zombie jD bounty up

JambiBum

Yeah the credit system is pretty low and takes way too long to get 4000. I get that it's suppose to be the best pack you can get but Jesus. The bounty system migh help but they need to probably increase how much you get per match and how much the bounty gives you.
You get 500 for every ten levels which is pretty nice. But they definitely need to increase what you get for completing matches.

Just finished it on hardcore in just over 10 hours. What a ride. I don't think, in terms of the campaign, The Coalition could have done a whole lot more.

I loved every second of it and the ending has left me itching to find out how the universe moves forward.

I'll post a much large breakdown once I've had time to think.

Tabasco

Is there a video summary to get caught up with the storyline?

This is basically my first Gears game aside from the first one which I don't remember of.

Top Bottom