• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

sold all my other skins and bounties to get the naked locust

now what do i have to do to get a cog version of no pants?

rZojQaE.jpg
LsxUlx2.jpg

Dubz

It's possible to use a controller to play competitive matches online in the PC version? If so, does that put you at a severe disadvantage against mouse users?
You can be competitive with a controller, but snipers and pistol users with MKB are very strong. If you're going controller just play CQC.

It's possible to use a controller to play competitive matches online in the PC version? If so, does that put you at a severe disadvantage against mouse users?

I've been playing with a controller on PC and I don't think this is a game where a M/KB user will have a huge advantage over a controller user. I've been doing alright in versus modes.

Oh yeah, like Dubz mentioned snipers / long range battles you'll definitely be at a disadvantage.

Jharp

Still can't get a straight answer on this question for the PC version:

Can I play local coop on two different monitors with a different image to each? I have a TV and monitor plugged into my video card and would really love to be able to put Player 1 on the TV and Player 2 on the monitor.

Or, at the very least, let me run each player in two different windows so I can just extend the image and have one window on each.

nOoblet16

You can be competitive with a controller, but snipers and pistol users with MKB are very strong. If you're going controller just play CQC.
Yep, infact imo one will actually be at an advantage with a controller if they play CQC and make use of the range of movement options that the game provides..with snipers, torque and pistols it's the KB/M players who will have an advantage ofc.

Somnia

Just got to Act 3, holy shit this fucking game.

The Coalition nailed Gears. The gameplay, look, everything it's so good. I'm really shocked how fucking great it looks on the XB1, puts almost every other dev to shame on the system.

So if you're planning on playing this game enough to unlock all the customization items, is it more efficient to unlock Operations Packs or Elite Packs?

I'm thinking grinding out Elite packs is the way to go because the breakdown values of non-customization items aren't very high; and the cost of customization items is exorbitant.

Just got to Act 3, holy shit this fucking game.

The Coalition nailed Gears. The gameplay, look, everything it's so good. I'm really shocked how fucking great it looks on the XB1, puts almost every other dev to shame on the system.

The next two acts are the best in my opinion. You're in for a treat.

Voliko

Ugh, the maps all have the same fundamental design philosophy with 3 power weapons spread across the middle and all of them being fucking huge...

There is a very good reason not to do this. People in this playlist want o play casually. As soon as you allow bigger squads you will just get stomping parties. 5 people that come together to crush some noobs. It would kill what that playlist is for.

Sp you can't jump into casual matches with more than 2 people in your party? You have to play ranked?

Starting to think I'm just having bad luck. Haven't even gotten the legacy code from Xbox even though I've played all the gears. From this and non of the season pass or ultimate edition not working it's starting to be a bit of a bummer.

SRV

Quick question and I apologise if it has been asked already, I'm trying to setup a local Vs. With my Wife and I against the bots in split-screen but can't seem to find the option. Am I blind or is it not possible? Thanks in advance.

Quick question and I apologise if it has been asked already, I'm trying to setup a local Vs. With my Wife and I against the bots in split-screen but can't seem to find the option. Am I blind or is it not possible? Thanks in advance.

Yeah there is the option. I think it is under the Versus menu. I'm in a game right now or I'd be more specific

Edit: You go to Versus, then Co-Op modes, and choose your difficulty.

SRV

Yeah there is the option. I think it is under the Versus menu. I'm in a game right now or I'd be more specific
Ah, that's good. I'll keep looking till I can figure it out, thanks.

Edit; Got it thanks, I had to press start whilst in the private match setup lol

The structure of the first two acts, makes the campaign feel really short in general.
It took about 9 hours on hardcore, but felt alot shorter since it doesn't really kick off untill act 3.

Courage

Act 2 Chapter 2 and I'm really enjoying the campaign so far. I like how they integrated some of the new Horde stuff into it. New guns also sound and feel good. Story stuff is pretty eh so far but I did die laughing at
Marcus raging about his tomatoes getting wrecked

Kalentan

I really hate the Gnasher RNG. You know when I hit someone point blank in the back and they don't go down. Just... Fucking A.

Won my first match in TDM ranked and lost the next 4. Always against pre-mades or just one player solely dominating the entire team. Feels like they took tips from Naughty Dog in terms of matchmaking balance.

Voliko

Is there any point in getting the season pass? It sounds like there is not going to be a playlist with every new map

I really hate the Gnasher RNG. You know when I hit someone point blank in the back and they don't go down. Just... Fucking A.

Won my first match in TDM ranked and lost the next 4. Always against pre-mades or just one player solely dominating the entire team. Feels like they took tips from Naughty Dog in terms of matchmaking balance.

The matchmaking balance is probably all whack cause only the hardcore got the UE. I imagine it to even out a couple weeks after launch.

But that;s assuming the matchmaking will work as intended.

chixdiggit

Played through about half the campaign split screen co-op on PC. Worked amazingly well without a single problem. Bravo.
Am I missing something or is there no split screen Horde?

Kalentan

The matchmaking balance is probably all whack cause only the hardcore got the UE. I imagine it to even out a couple weeks after launch.

But that;s assuming the matchmaking will work as intended.

Hope so. Cause the matchmaking feels bad now.

Of my... 8 or so matches. I've won 2.

I'm getting absolutely trashed at the moment. My K/D is usually around three or over and I'm struggling to hit two at the moment.

I'm sure things will pick up, but it's rough at the moment. lol

jiggles

Banned
Screen space reflections are the absolute worst. Why do developers continue to use this when it utterly ruins everything?

m23

Wait, online campaign coop was 4 players on gears 3 and here is just 2? Im honestly asking

Yes, it's now two. I believe Rod said something to the effect that they wanted a more intimate campaign as opposed to the large scale battles in Gears 3. More similar to Gears 1 in scale I guess.

I agree with that, however I haven't played 4 yet. Gears 3 was my least favourite campaign because of all those large scale battles and it just didn't feel like the type of Gears campaign I wanted.

EBE

will the season pass contain story dlc like gears 3 did? if not i dont know why i would buy it
new maps will be in and out of rotation and ill be able to play on any if invited by a person who does own them, correct?

Les

Banned
Lots of issues with this game at the moment. I'm disappointed in The Coalition.

My brightness settings have yet to save in this game.

Apparently there is a serious shotgun inconsistency problem which would explain a lot of frustration of mine during shotty battles. https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums/e9b54fc61eb74ad783d533ca502b0132/threads/bug-gears-of-war-4-shotgun-inconsistencies-w-video-proof-of-shotgun-shots-not-registering/fa691da5-1e44-48ca-8d6f-e3cb1ea6482e/posts

Aesthetically, some of these skins are absolutely disgusting and an eyesore, does not fit Gears at all. It's sad. I am really really hoping they add more characters; the Gears universe has so many characters, even adding the locust would help. The small things like the lack of victory speech or defeat in multiplayer each round; really is a drag. Characters seem otherwise neutered, quiet, and lacking personality in MP. The loot box system is ridiculous, and the fact that you don't unlock characters via leveling in MP is also a bummer. Gears 1 UE did this gracefully. Seems like a lot is virtually behind a paywall, even Horde abilities.

I'm a huge fan of the series, and the game is great, but as a fan, there are so many blatant missteps that don't make any sense to me.

Top Bottom