• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Nere

Any PC players here have a tip for getting this file to downloaded thru Windows 10? I have been trying since last night in vain to get this to download. The file size keeps changing, or the download resets. Can't seem to get it to work and I'm getting frustrated. I've probably downloaded the whole game three times now

Same I downloaded the game up to 36gb and then had to restart the computer and the downloaded started all over again. I mean wtf is wrong with this store and my internet is pretty bad.

Jezus people need to chill about the credits. They just need to tweak it.

I have almost 4k credits and all I've done is played horde 3 times to level 17 -19. Played coop vs one time each on casual, normal, hardcore and insane. I'm level 20. I havent paid attention to what was given me credits though. I started the game with 600 credits and now have over 3 thousand so Im not sure if all this complaining is justified

I have almost 4k credits and all I've done is played horde 3 times to level 17 -19. Played coop vs one time each on casual, normal, hardcore and insane. I'm level 20. I havent paid attention to what was given me credits though. I started the game with 600 credits and now have over 3 thousand so Im not sure if all this complaining is justified
Horde seems to pay a bit better but versus pays you peanuts. 6 credits for a win or something stupid.

Dubz

Love the game.

My only disappointment is that you have to back out to the main menu after every game. I'm pretty sure before you could just stay in and the next game would load with the same players on a different map, filling in the gaps for anyone that left.

A tad frustrating considering the time it takes to get into a new game.
Wonder why they got rid of rolling lobbies? It's actually really annoying, because it takes me 2 or 3 attempts of just waiting and waiting to get into a new game.

Theorry

Wonder why they got rid of rolling lobbies? It's actually really annoying, because it takes me 2 or 3 attempts of just waiting and waiting to get into a new game.

It isnt gone. Its in Social.
But Core is now with Ranking placement like Halo. So after every match people have different ranks. So after a match you need to find the best players again to play against.

Dubz

But Core is now with Ranking placement like Halo. So after every match people have different ranks. So after a match you need to find the best players again to play against.
Makes sense. I haven't tried MP today, but I hear it's getting better at matchmaking. I hope this is the case when I get on later

But it should by default search for another match on that screen or allow you to push a button to search for another match.

JambiBum

I honestly don't know why people are saying that it's going to be take 20 hours to open an elite pack. I have 3k credits from playing mostly multiplayer for a few hours. You get 500 every ten levels you reach plus you can get them from bounty cards.

I will agree however that the actual pay out you get from matches is way too low. I feel like it should be something like 100 for a win, 25 for a loss, and then like 50 per level until you get a multiple of 10 where you get 500. You could do the same thing for horde where every ten levels is 100 credits for every difficulty below insane. Make insane be every ten = 200 so the challenge feels worth it.

tommyguns

If I buy the digital version of the ultimate edition right now, will I still get the codes for gears 1,2,3, and judgement? If so, when? Thanks!!

Holy shit at this game, it's so impressive visually and action wise and does it if a super ultra clean iq and apparently a pitch perfect framerate.

I don't think any game have ever nailed so perfectly the feeling of action. I'm constantly dying have to pick my jaw from the floor and taking photos.

Fh3 and now this feels like sorcery. Games that look this good shouldn't run in 1080p and at that iq and framerate on xbone. xD

Also, the way this game installs is a travesty.

PS4 players install and start playing any game within 30 seconds. I don't play on PS4; no interest in the console. But there's a fact that a huge advantage the console has is you can start playing a game within seconds.

Gears of War 4 is completely UNPLAYABLE until 100% of the game has installed. WHY?!?!

It took me 4 or so hours to download Gears Of War 4 tonight. We kept track of the progress - i.e. at some point it would show 10% overall install and 20% campaign install.

So we thought - okay not the end of the world. We'll just wait for the campaign to install, and even if the game overall isn't fully installed, who cares. We don't want to play multiplayer right now. We don't care about Horde right now. Just the campaign. So once campaign is 100% installed, we can start playing.

So we watch some Youtube videos. We eat dinner. We put in Kill Bill Volume 1. Great movie by the way. The Bride kills Vivica A. Fox - 40% overall install and 60% campaign. Not bad. The Bride meets up with Sonny Chiba. The same sort of ratio between campaign and overall is sort of maintained. Then the Bride gets to the House of Blue Leaves and we see campaign installation fucking CRATERS at 90% while OTHER parts of the game start installing.

We were shocked! I mean come on! We ended up not being able to play until the WHOLE game was 100% installed.

Fuck off.
I started paying when the install was way below 80%, but I don't remember the exact percentage.

I had my copy upgraded from the standard to the ultimate and so had to re download again, but it was worth it.

Edit: But the difference with ps4 regarding installs seems to be that on ps4 when the game is installing it is allowed to read from the disc. While in Ms case it's always from the hdd. And doesn't help that they lock by mode usually, instead of by chapters for instance.

Vic_Viper

Can I download this to an external hard drive on my laptop at work and then transfer it to my C drive on my home PC?

I have much faster speeds at work and dont want to loose the 70 gigs on my dl cap lol.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
"Oh shit they're gonna mess up my fucking tomatoes" lol. Fucking awesome game. Deebees rule.

Oh and 60fps is bliss.

Tomtis

It seems like everyone likes it? I might remember wrong but wasn't there a big upset due to the game looking terrible earlier this year? Guess they turned it around then, nice to see.

Might have to get it since it's released on PC. Even though i haven't played earlier installments.

Xater

It seems like everyone likes it? I might remember wrong but wasn't there a big upset due to the game looking terrible earlier this year? Guess they turned it around then, nice to see.

Might have to get it since it's released on PC. Even though i haven't played earlier installments.

Yes except for the Gear Pack stuff I think the game is great all around.

TheRed

Is it not possible to switch shoulder views when not in cover? Has screwed me over a few times.
I did middle of the pack in first versus game, really don't want to have to switch to keyboard and mouse because Gears is meant for controller to me but if I keep getting destroyed I'll probably be forced to. Wish there was a separate social playlist that allowed crossplay.

balohna

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I was able to get some stuff I wanted (character skins) by scrapping stuff I didn't want (certain weapon skins and emblems). Had a rare weapon skin I knew I'd never use, gave me enough scrap for one character.

corin7

Neo Member
Just finished up act 1 and holy shit what a game. I can't believe they pulled this off so well. I am floored. Between this and Forza Horizon 3 MS is killing this fall.

Grisby

60 fps in MP is so good.

I just realized how long I've been playing Gridlock. Ever since the original in 2005/6.

Has to be the single map that ice played on the most in my MP career.
I am sure they tweak it. Halo 5 was abit iffy also in the beginning. They tweaked some stuff and now people say its really good.
I feel like Halo took more than a couple of months to change it though.

I want to play this game on PC, but I'm concerned that there won't be anyone to play Versus with a few months down the line. I know Horde is cross-play between XB1 and PC and that's great but I'm worried that a major chunk of the game will become inaccessible once the launch hype dies down.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Soo..... yeah. Nearing the end of Chapter 2. Huge Gears fan here. I always go in to these games blind -- not reading reviews, impressions, or watching gameplay videos.

Bottom line? I like it, but so far, I don't love it.

VERY minor story/character SPOILERS FOLLOW. As I Said, I'm only on chapter 2.

Am I playing a Gears Of War game, or fucking Binary Domain: Gears Edition? The "deebs" are okay to fight but it's getting really redundant now. Waves and waves of these assholes. Where is the gore? Where is the atmosphere? Where are the executions that in past GEARS games made me stand up and cheer? Where is the hilarious banter between characters? Where is the shit talking towards the enemies ("bring it, asshole!", "that all you got!?"). Where are the new super-fidelity chainsaw executions? Shit looks good, but I'm not really impressed.

I don't particularly like the new characters, and Oscar wasn't charming, he was an obnoxious D-bag. I do like JD's voice acting but as a character he seems wimpy. The only time this game has really felt like Gears to me was when Marcus showed up and chainsawed the fuck out of that annoying female robot with the glasses.

High points? Gunplay is as good as ever. Game looks great, graphically. I dunno bro's. I really want to love this game but so far I'm just not feeling it. It's a Gears game without the Gears soul, so far.

Dimorphic

I am yet to play it (I'm not paying $59 extra here in Australia just for four days early access) but it seems like between this and FH3 that Microsoft are back in the height of their X360 form!

Anyone else having trouble with the Brothers to the end pack and preorder bonuses? I redeemed/installed/reinstalled but the preorder skins are nowhere to be found ingame...

I have the physical edition, currently reinstalling the game. Spent 90 euros for a fucking videogame and bonuses don't work....

Hawk269

Been able to run this at 4k/60fps with some drops to the 50's on occasion. Runs damn great. I have it completely maxed out (no insane options though). Looking forward to the multi-gpu update to be at a 100% 60fps solid. Really wish the PC version had HDR...as amazing as it looks at 4k/60fps, with HDR it would be unreal.

Great job to the team and I hope they share what they have done with other dev's (Turn 10/Playground) on other PC games.

Theorry

Why is the MP so gooooood. This is gonna take alot of free time.
They just did what 343 did Halo 5 MP. Bringing maybe the best MP yet of the series.

MarveI

What are the chances of getting a couple of the old maps like Blood Drive, Security, Jacinto and such ? I'd really LOVE if a couple of those 24 were some of the classics from previous Gears.

Moofers

You get lots of bonus credits for leveling up. At some point the levels will come much slower and getting credits will become a huge grind.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Just found out you can upgrade your hired cards. They went all out for horde. Also Del is one of the best characters ever in the Gears franchise.

What are the chances of getting a couple of the old maps like Blood Drive, Security, Jacinto and such ? I'd really LOVE if a couple of those 24 were some of the classics from previous Gears.
I'd said really high, 24 maps is a lot to fill and stuff like this would satisfy fans of the previous titles.

Anyone know the order of the ranking system? Like is 3 higher than 1 (closer to ranking up) or is 1 higher? I know League does 1 as the highest but Rainbow does the other way.

Edzi

At this rate, it feels like I won't be getting my Gears 1-3 codes until after the game launches, which kinda defeats the purpose of preordering the game.

Sanjuro

How do I unlock the Totino's Pizza Boy?

Just installed and played a couple rounds yesterday. Seems like there is a ton of crap to unlock.

Top Bottom