• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Is there a good write up / video on how the scrap currency works and how to handle cards and how to best use them?
Because this is my first game with this kind of currency and cards but I have no idea how to use any of it.
Thanks all :)

N7.Angel

I think someone should make a thread about Micro-transaction in this game, it's the worst I've ever seen in any games and worrying for the future of gaming, this shit start a long time ago but starts to be very common with the apparition of games like Halo 5, Overwatch, Deus Ex MK and now this one, something needs to be done quickly or it'll become a real issues in couple of years like we've seen with Season Pass and DLC that are becoming more and more terrible with the time...

On the other side, Servers looks to be better than they were yesterday, the loading map is still awful but not as long as it was for sure, I'm still disappointed about how Coalition couldn't improve of what they have done in the beta, the Gears 4 beta was the best gears ever made minor some flaws here and there that could have been fixed pretty easily but they fucked it up at the end, they change what it wasn't need to be change and they don't fixed the issues people had with it, I hope they're getting their shit together quicker than Epic for fixing things or the game will be dead sooner than it was in Judgement, please Coalition, just listen to what people have to say, they know what's up too.

pitchfork

I think someone should make a thread about Micro-transaction in this game, it's the worst I've ever seen in any games and worrying for the future of gaming, this shit start a long time ago but starts to be very common with the apparition of games like Halo 5, Overwatch, Deus Ex MK and now this one, something needs to be done quickly or it'll become a real issues in couple of years like we've seen with Season Pass and DLC that are becoming more and more terrible with the time...

On the other side, Servers looks to be better than they were yesterday, the loading map is still awful but not as long as it was for sure, I'm still disappointed about how Coalition couldn't improve of what they have done in the beta, the Gears 4 beta was the best gears ever made minor some flaws here and there that could have been fixed pretty easily but they fucked it up at the end, they change what it wasn't need to be change and they don't fixed the issues people had with it, I hope they're getting their shit together quicker than Epic for fixing things or the game will be dead sooner than it was in Judgement, please Coalition, just listen to what people have to say, they know what's up too.

Can you elaborate please?

I have very little to complain about on the MP side of things other than the measly payout - its fantastic

Xater

Apparently people at The Coalition are looking at the credit payouts. At least that's what Rod tweeted to me after I complained.

The skins are terrible. It's like Gears is a mass murder simulator whilst simultaneously celebrating Gay Pride Day.

Give me an option to turn that shit off!

MarveI

Played Horde with a fellow gaf member and it was fun. We need more members though so if you play horde a lot reply with gamertag and I'll add you if we can get like at least 4 gaf players the game will be more fun because strangers really downplay your enjoyment. I hate whenever you get to wave 20-30-40 that they start to quit. Come on if you plan on playing that long have the decency to try on (I know some have legit reasons to quit but a lot are just quitters was the same with all previous gears modes).
We were left with 3 players around wave 35 or something it was me fellow gaf member and a 3rd PC player who I've befriended too really cool guy who was GOATING with the sniper on his kbm really fun watching him with the sniper. Playing with the master race (I mean PC) people is really cool btw. We had to retry wave 50 on normal at least 15 times or more to win it. The pc guy wants to try to his on hardcore (not sure how I feel about that normal wasn't that easy). The toughest part are the bosses unless its the helicopter.

So if you play horde a lot reply with your gamertag and I'll add you.

Xater

Played Horde with a fellow gaf member and it was fun. We need more members though so if you play horde a lot reply with gamertag and I'll add you if we can get like at least 4 gaf players the game will be more fun because strangers really downplay your enjoyment. I hate whenever you get to wave 20-30-40 that they start to quit. Come on if you plan on playing that long have the decency to try on (I know some have legit reasons to quit but a lot are just quitters was the same with all previous gears modes).
We were left with 3 players around wave 35 or something it was me fellow gaf member and a 3rd PC player who I've befriended too really cool guy who was GOATING with the sniper on his kbm really fun watching him with the sniper. Playing with the master race (I mean PC) people is really cool btw. We had to retry wave 50 on normal at least 15 times or more to win it. The pc guy wants to try to his on hardcore (not sure how I feel about that normal wasn't that easy). The toughest part are the bosses unless its the helicopter.

I want to play Horde with GAFers. Only reason I have played more Versus so far is because I did not get groups going.

GT: Xater MkII

Campaign is pretty good so far, made it up to Act 4. There were some cheap deaths in the Lightning Flurry section but otherwise it's an excellent sngle player experience.

nOoblet16

The skins are terrible. It's like Gears is a mass murder simulator whilst simultaneously celebrating Gay Pride Day.

Give me an option to turn that shit off!
Yep terrible skins and very limited selection of characters.

Gears 3 didn't care if the characters in the MP weren't in the story, it just included everyone. Here it's only including the characters who appear in story and considering there aren't many of them it's dwelled down to skin business.

Put in Myrrah, RAAM, Kantus, Skorge with swarm and include Kim, Dizzy, that old woman from Gears 3, younger version of old characters with cog etc etc.

And they should have also included DeeBees with the cog rather than swarm considering they look so different than other monster themed swarm characters and also because they are actually cog with cog armour. Like Myrrah was human but no one confused her for a cog because of her outfit specifically being locust themed.

Yeah it should be COG vs Swarm or Outsiders vs Deebees IMO. With a lot more characters available for selection.

Or just drop the Deebees from multi altogether. It's confusing when you have to look out for two different enemy types.

Theorry

I guess they drop new characters every month next to the maps? I believe those Run the Jewel guys come with the first update.
Those look pretty cool.

N7.Angel

Can you elaborate please?

I have very little to complain about on the MP side of things other than the measly payout - its fantastic

I already talked about it many times but the game is slower than it was in the beta ( movement ), they didn't fixed the complaint in the sound department ( footsteps for example ) didn't fixed the shooting delay after the roadie run or wall bouncing, it's something they have promised but not surprising, they promised things on Gears Ultimate edition they didn't bring at the end, the core playlist don't have rolling lobbies, you can't group with more than 2 people on Social, it looks like they buffed the Gnasher earlier when it wasn't needed by tiny update on sever side maybe ( Twitter pros ) Gnasher inconsistencies and bugs too etc... ( bullet that doesn't registered, random damage...) you can find many complaints in the official forum or in my previous message...

Édit: and please take a look at this:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/United%20KKyle/video/22176486
https://youtu.be/3uUR1tx30-0
https://youtu.be/VUBfmrHuGWw

Add me: Hypertrooper

Multiplayer is rough as someone new to gears multiplayer versus mode, i get shotgunned to death every time even when i have the jump on folk im as good as dead haha, this will take some getting used to.

Sounds good. Add me too: wandrigdeb1

Right I just need some clarification. I don't own an XB1 anymore, but me and my cousin are going to be getting Gears. He bought a new Gears XB1 bundle and has a code for Gears 4. I'm getting it on PC so what I was thinking, I can make my profile home on his console, use the code on it and then I would get access to Gears on PC right? Since it's play anywhere? Will it just show up in my library on W10 to download once I activate it on XB1?

Iceman829

People can add me if they want. GT is Iceman829. It just gets frustrating playing with randoms. "You stole my energy", "I'm turning auto deposit off so people stop spending my currency", "All you are doing is still there with a sniper rifle trying to get points and not helping", blah blah blah. I ended up muting my mic and just turning up the surround sound in these games. I'll be on most of Sunday if people want to get some games going. I'll also run some mp today as well if people are interested.

Right I just need some clarification. I don't own an XB1 anymore, but me and my cousin are going to be getting Gears. He bought a new Gears XB1 bundle and has a code for Gears 4. I'm getting it on PC so what I was thinking, I can make my profile home on his console, use the code on it and then I would get access to Gears on PC right? Since it's play anywhere? Will it just show up in my library on W10 to download once I activate it on XB1?

If his console is your home console you can both play at the same time. As for the w10 download someone else can answer that (don't have a pc), but it should be added right to your library to dl.

You don't have to activate the code on an Xbox. You can activate the code in the Windows Store or in the Xbox App and it'll work just the same.

Yes please add me GT: TheDutchSlayer
always down for horde.

Novocaine

Yes please add me GT: TheDutchSlayer
always down for horde.

I'm also down for Horde. If you add me tell me you're from GAF and I'll add back. If I'm online in and in a game just send a request, I'll probably be down.

GT NovocaineAU

I think once the club feature is released to everyone it will be great for this kind of stuff.

Iceman829

This is a new one on me. I was just watching a video on netflix. Went to the nfl app and now I booted up gears and I can't do anything because I'm not connected to xbox live according to the game. Friends list is up and everything else works

Theorry

I'm also down for Horde. If you add me tell me you're from GAF and I'll add back. If I'm online in and in a game just send a request, I'll probably be down.

GT NovocaineAU

I think once the club feature is released to everyone it will be great for this kind of stuff.

Yeah indeed. Is it coming for PC also?

Addnan

I wish we got a Jacinto remake, proper Gears 2 version so closed towers. Unlike Gears 3 which had the back bit open. Guardian on Jacinto was so much fun. I want to relive it.

MarveI

Added all you guys will invite to a game of horde mic is optional if you don't want that's fine if you can't join right now that's fine too no biggie and if more people want to join leave your gtag you can have 10 gaf members but not everyone will be on or available at certain times so the bigger the better.

The prologue was great. Glad I didn't watch the video.

I think I'm nearing the end of Act 2 and I've really enjoyed it so far. I like all the new characters. The banter's good and I liked the fact it didn't just throw you straight into another all out war.

I have to say I love Djawadi's main theme as well. It's simple but it really suits Gears.

Hugstable

Banned
Almost done with Gears 3 and I'll be ready and caught up for the release on the 11th! Is there anything storywise that's important from Judgement that I should know about? (if there is alot I may just play it)

Almost done with Gears 3 and I'll be ready and caught up for the release on the 11th! Is there anything storywise that's important from Judgement that I should know about? (if there is alot I may just play it)
Played through Gears 4, and I think nothing happens in Judgement which is important for 4.

OrionCelsius

Neo Member

I'm down for some horde mode. GT: Orion Celsius and I'm on pc.

Still got trouble trying to DL from Windows Store.

Got it twice to download to about 65gbish mark and it got an error then downloads a 43mb stub-esque file and has an error. Can't get it to work again now >_>

Top Bottom