• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Strootman

Why y'all hating on best color gears?
HWWhr4H.jpg
Jesus christ

MattyG

Banned
I'm reminded of just how angry Gears MP makes me. Gears 2 was my last PvP experience and I am remembering why. Few games make me curse like a madman when I lose a close quarters showdown. Mostly it's my fault, but the few times where I get an odd shotty lag it makes me fume.
Same. I enjoy it when I do well, but half the time I put the same amount of shells into someone as they do me and I almost always go down.

F34R

I posted this in the PC Performance thread by accident..

Anyone know of a fix for the continuous error when trying to download this from the store for PC?

Error 0x80070490

I've tried four times now, and it's downloading the entire 70+GB, then errors out at the end. :(

3DShovel

Going from Competitive to Core tuning is absolutely terrible, and makes me realize how bad of an idea that whole idea is.

Here I am trying to close my distance in a Gnasher fight but people are just sticking back and trying to down me from far. So I have to relearn that I need to shoot at whatever distance is close enough to gib.

It's infuriating.

Going from Competitive to Core tuning is absolutely terrible, and makes me realize how bad of an idea that whole idea is.

Here I am trying to close my distance in a Gnasher fight but people are just sticking back and trying to down me from far. So I have to relearn that I need to shoot at whatever distance is close enough to gib.

It's infuriating.

yeah this reminds me of the messed up Halo 3 MLG vs standard settings nonsense. I firmly believe Halo 3 MLG was the best, but the vastly different settings compared to the vanilla settings was just bad for the community.

People complained that Halo 5's breakout mode had changes to core settings and that was a one-off experimental gametype.

Carlius

Banned
windows store wont let me buy gears...always an error with paypal..is it due to the region? i havent had problems buying form it before.

Iceman829

I've had enough of randoms in horde mode. If anyone wants to play just hit me up or reply here. I'll be watching tv to take a break for now

Dosia

Hey, if I installed the game but had it revoked from amazon code can I buy it without having to re-install it? I just keep getting the error msg "this was refunded etc"

Is it just me or do I have essentially no shotgun advantage over someone else after I melee them? It seems like my recovery time before being able to shoot after meleeing is no shorter than my opponent's recovery time after being hit.

I've been killed by someone else's shotgun before I could even shoot a few times now.

3DShovel

Is it just me or do I have essentially no shotgun advantage over someone else after I melee them? It seems like my recovery time before being able to shoot after meleeing is no shorter than my opponent's recovery time after being hit.

I've been killed by someone else's shotgun before I could even shoot a few times now.

This is to prevent two-piecing from being a guaranteed kill. Use melee at the end of the fight, not to start it.

biteren

just finished the SP, it was alright. some moments seemed like a drag, but i loved the last chapter. overall good job from Coalition

Fun Fact: this was the first Xboxone SP i finished all the way though.

jadedm17

I've been playing tdm all day, are there only like 4 maps?
And if I play Gridlock one more damn time......

francis-unboxing-a-plbgbaq.gif

I've been playing Gridlock for damn near a decade now; I don't want to fucking play Gridlock anymore. Fuck everyone who enjoys this goddamn map with no flanking routes. Fuck it.

Ps. Nice boogie2988 gif.

Duxxy3

I'm on my third play through now. Playing the game on my PC is incredible. Such a monstrous difference going from a 980 ti at ultra 60fps to the xbox one. Still a great game, no matter what you're playing it on. Hopefully somebody is working on ultimate editions for Gears 2 and 3.

RedStep

PezRadar (or anybody else from The Coalition): Can you comment on the issue with users in the Windows Insider Program not being able to play at all?

There is a "Known Issue" posted on the GOW forums that mentions v.14396 not being able to play, but I'm on v.14391 and getting the same thing (splash screen, then nothing). Others are on the newest update (past 14396, not sure the version) and are having the same problem. Posts on the forums have received no responses from TC, so I'm not sure what we're supposed to do.

Reinstalling Windows from scratch is not an acceptable workaround to play a game - wiith the 10-day limit on system rollbacks now, we can't just pop back to a compatible version. Thank you!

This is an example of the Event Log for this:

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell
Date: 08/10/2016 20:30:32
Event ID: 5985
Task Category: (5961)
Level: Error
Keywords:
Description:
ActivateApplicationForContractByAppIdAsUserWithHost of the app Microsoft.SpartaUWP_8wekyb3d8bbwe!GearGameShippingPublic for the Windows.Launch contract failed with The remote procedure call failed..
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>

Hi, everyone. This is kind of a dumb question and slightly OT, but I just bought the Xbox One S GOW4 bundle and was wondering if the original trilogy was part of the deal or not. The website says

"Now for a limited time, you can also get the entire Xbox 360 Gears of War collection for download on Xbox One at no additional cost"

So I thought they were included, but I've activated all of the codes that came in the box and they don't show up anywhere.

tuna_love

Banned
PezRadar (or anybody else from The Coalition): Can you comment on the issue with users in the Windows Insider Program not being able to play at all?

There is a "Known Issue" posted on the GOW forums that mentions v.14396 not being able to play, but I'm on v.14391 and getting the same thing (splash screen, then nothing). Others are on the newest update (past 14396, not sure the version) and are having the same problem. Posts on the forums have received no responses from TC, so I'm not sure what we're supposed to do.

Reinstalling Windows from scratch is not an acceptable workaround to play a game - wiith the 10-day limit on system rollbacks now, we can't just pop back to a compatible version. Thank you!

This is an example of the Event Log for this:
why do you use insider builds?

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Anyone think nades are a bit overpowered? I'll see one fly over my head and think nah too far away then bam I'm dead.

j-wood

So I bought an ultimate edition card from Best Buy but I still haven't gotten the old games. Is here something else I have to do?

splattered

PLEASE let the scouts pick up the power in Horde mode... driving me nuts that people are either being self or just don't realize this is a shared currency

bumpkin

Finished the campaign. Yeah, Coalition got this. They fucking got this.
Same (beat it on Hardcore difficulty). Coalition did an excellent job with the game overall. I don't think I was ever worried that they'd screw it up, especially with Rod at the helm. I was mostly worried that they'd take the whole "passing the mantle" thing too far with this new cast.

Moofers

Game just took a big dump for me. Horde game got super laggy, everyone quit, then my next try was stuck at the loading map screen.

I'll go finish campaign for tonight. I hope we see my boy Carmine.

Novocaine

Hi, everyone. This is kind of a dumb question and slightly OT, but I just bought the Xbox One S GOW4 bundle and was wondering if the original trilogy was part of the deal or not. The website says

"Now for a limited time, you can also get the entire Xbox 360 Gears of War collection for download on Xbox One at no additional cost"

So I thought they were included, but I've activated all of the codes that came in the box and they don't show up anywhere.

The codes should get delivered through the messaging system on your Xbox. Won't be instant, they do it in waves it seems.

You could always hit up customer support and see if they will give them to you instead.

Voliko

Haven't touched campaign but the multi feels pretty good. As a first impression the gnasher feels quite responsive. Bouncing and sliding around in 60FPS is a dream come true. Biggest complaint I have are the maps and that the "core/competitive" system is stupid. Having to go back to the menu every time with these ridiculous load times is terrible. Playing 5v3 is pointless, a complete waste of time. NO ONE played ranked in Gears 3. Probably just going to stick to the rolling social playlist

XP, skins and all that stuff feels as pointless as always. I would like to see my reaction years ago if someone told me this was going to be a big trend in games down the line.

BizzyBum

Great, seems part of a level is broken for me playing on PC...

Act 3 when you're taking the lift down the mines, when the crane launches that big object during the cutscene it just loads forever afterwards.

Top Bottom