• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

EekTheKat

Had an interesting time trying to get this game to work with the Steam Controller, and I sort of managed to get nearly everything mapped properly.

I'm kind of cheating though, modified the default desktop config and set up the steam controller default desktop profile to match what I wanted it to do in game.

First was getting the roading run/cover button worked out. Adding Activators sort of got that working. Can run straight into cover, double tap to dodge, tap once to go into cover.

Analog walking sort of works in a cheap-ish kind of way. There's a setting in the steam controller that allows it to add an input if it detects the joystick pressed too far out. Binding the walk key to that sort of got that bit working.

As a bonus, melee/chainsaw is mapped to the grip trigger, so I can move around while aiming the chainsaw in a somewhat default layout.

Aiming is still a bit weird, since it's mouse emulation instead of joystick aiming, but it still sort of works. Might just break down and pick up an xbox controller sometime down the line if I find this to be unusable.

I think someone should make a thread about Micro-transaction in this game, it's the worst I've ever seen in any games and worrying for the future of gaming, this shit start a long time ago but starts to be very common with the apparition of games like Halo 5, Overwatch, Deus Ex MK and now this one, something needs to be done quickly or it'll become a real issues in couple of years like we've seen with Season Pass and DLC that are becoming more and more terrible with the time...

On the other side, Servers looks to be better than they were yesterday, the loading map is still awful but not as long as it was for sure, I'm still disappointed about how Coalition couldn't improve of what they have done in the beta, the Gears 4 beta was the best gears ever made minor some flaws here and there that could have been fixed pretty easily but they fucked it up at the end, they change what it wasn't need to be change and they don't fixed the issues people had with it, I hope they're getting their shit together quicker than Epic for fixing things or the game will be dead sooner than it was in Judgement, please Coalition, just listen to what people have to say, they know what's up too.

Totally optional cosmetic microtransactions that can be earned by playing the game
"worst ever in a game"

Does not compute

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
So what's the general consensus on the graphics? Some people in other threads saying not much of an upgrade from Gears 3?! o_O

From the videos I've seen I thought it looked way better than that..

Blood Drive

JgZs64Q.png
JgZs64Q.png
JgZs64Q.png

malfcn

myyyyy GAAWD.

People are so bad, and it drags down the whole team.

Had 2 matches were players were shooting their own team mates, and generally had their heads up their asses.

Thanks for the L.

Theorry

So what's the general consensus on the graphics? Some people in other threads saying not much of an upgrade from Gears 3?! o_O

From the videos I've seen I thought it looked way better than that..

People always overreact. Nostalgic stuff and remembering things better then they were.
When people say it looks like Gears 3 should play it again haha.

T.O.P

Banned
Does the the X1S bundle come with a code or physical?

I guess i will be stucked waiting for the game to unlock even if it arrives tomorrow morning

myyyyy GAAWD.

People are so bad, and it drags down the whole team.

Had 2 matches were players were shooting their own team mates, and generally had their heads up their asses.

Thanks for the L.

Its surprising too that people who are so bad would spend $100 to play early. Wouldn't you learn some basics of how to play? Or get on the mic?

Uh, guys. We need an unmarked spoiler thread, like, RIGHT NOW. Especially just for "that final moment" before the credits, which came out of fucking nowhere. Almost shat bricks, that caught me off guard.

Theorry

Does the the X1S bundle come with a code or physical?

I guess i will be stucked waiting for the game to unlock even if it arrives tomorrow morning

Digital i believe. But you get the ultimate edition with it. You talking about the Gears console right?

EL CUCO

God I miss my Gnasher.

I'm so close to finally picking up an Xbone for this game. Just waiting to see how quickly The Coalition responds to the community complaints.

Gears 2 nostalgia

JgZs64Q.png
JgZs64Q.png
JgZs64Q.png

camping in the middle on Jacinto with smoke tags that knock you to the ground down the stairs, doing the harlem shake on the ground and dudes running around with that trash hit diection

JgZs64Q.png
JgZs64Q.png
JgZs64Q.png

Keep Gears of War 2 where it belongs

Dumpster-non.JPG

BenjiGAF

Can anyone tell me how much the Digital Deluxe costs after taxes and whatever? Gonna buy Xbox Live Spacebux today and want to budget accordingly

nOoblet16

I still can't get over how much of a fuckup some of the design choices are in this game:

1) Limit social party size to 2 so that people don't get matched against a full party of 5. Why should I have to play competitive with different weapon tuning, if I want to have casual fun with my friends? Why not have a mercenary mode for people who want to only match up against solo or 2 player arty teams?

2) They limited social to 2 player party, but took out wingman. Wtf !

3) No rolling lobbies in core modes...why?

4) Separate tuning for competitive and social to cater to E-sport crowd, why? Rainbow Six just removed aim assist and markers but it didn't change something as inherent as weapon balancing in competitive. In a game like Gears you get a "feel" of the weapons and use them on instincts which can't work if there are two different tuning. I can't always play competitive and I can't always play social.

5) Only 2 player co-op, to bring back to original's "feel", except the entirety of the game you have 3 people in squad at the very least and for a large majority you have 4.

6) That unlock system.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I'm only on Act 4 (started few hours ago, stuck on Hordemode :D) on Hardcore, and shit, this Campaign is amazing. I really dig the characters and setting. Enemies got a million times better during the transition of
Act II to Act III

The visuals are stunning too, lighting and everything fits so well, especially in Act III.

I'm gonna need some hardcore coop action for Insane at some point ;)

I'm not enjoying this game in multiplayer like I did gears 3. There are way more situations where I feel like I just can't do anything but wait to be killed. Someone just gets the drop on you with shotgun from behind or shoots a dropshot at you that you can't escape or some other bullshit.

Its feeling like a bad cod game where everyone just shoots each other in the back.

And I don't even know what the point is of using the lancer. Just pull out the shotgun and stick with that.

eman4ever

so how big is the gears of war 4 windows 10 file? I have heard 80 gigs but i want to know if its less or more so I can make sure I have enough space. Thanks guys!

nOoblet16

I'm not enjoying this game in multiplayer like I did gears 3. There are way more situations where I feel like I just can't do anything but wait to be killed. Someone just gets the drop on you with shotgun from behind or shoots a dropshot at you that you can't escape or some other bullshit.

Its feeling like a bad cod game where everyone just shoots each other in the back.

And I don't even know what the point is of using the lancer. Just pull out the shotgun and stick with that.

Yep not feeling most of the maps, way too open and the footsteps are bad.
They need to remake Jacinto, River, Blood Drive, Pavilion, Bullet Marsh, Subway, Checkout, Fuel depot, Escalation, Mansion and Canals.

Doikor

Horde sure is fun (with randoms). I just spent 2 games yelling at my team mates (well my screen as I don't have a mic for my pc) about how dumb they are. So many times I managed to crawl half way across the map and hump the leg of my team mates and they just left me to bleed to death. But being a sniper and playing with kb/m sure is awesome. Headshots everywhere. Going around with longshot, the beam sniper and revolver. Pretty much always number one in score etc.

Top Bottom