• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

The Flash

Banned
Even in the social playlists, everyone is extremely competent but I expect noobies to start trickling in over the next few days.

I hope they dont get scared away and most stick with it.

Enforcer's execution is brutal bah gawd.

If you're having trouble with gnashers don't hesitate to try the enforcer.

I played a bunch of Gears 3 Versus when it first came out but you know that was five years ago. Just gonna take a while to get used to. Plus my nerves in competitive multiplayer games have gotten worse as I've gotten older so I have that to deal with as well.

I'm comfortable with the gnasher but I'll give the Enforcer a shot for fun.

jg4xchamp

How does play anywhere work with this again? If I own a digital version of the Xbox One or the PC version, I own both? Doesn't have to be a preorder or whatever?

Lren

How does play anywhere work with this again? If I own a digital version of the Xbox One or the PC version, I own both? Doesn't have to be a preorder or whatever?

Correct!

The credit change is really nice to see, already making me want to play more but I got class in the morning. The coop is really addicting and because all of it is crossplay, it shouldn't be a problem finding other folks for quite a bit.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
How do you get Zombie Dom? I got the digital edition and I don't see him in the game or the crates I opened.

EDIT: never mind, he's suddenly in my selection screen now.

Wuiji

Just tried it out on my PC after playing a few rounds on the Xbox One, running pretty well with an i5 and a 970. Tried it at Ultra settings, 1920x1200 and it seems pretty damn smooth.

Xyber

Did some crossplay horde with Xbox people I haven't played with in years, worked great.

Game runs perfectly (as long as I stick with native resolution, using in-game downsampling caused stutter) and the crossplay was seamless. I just wish I could access the Xbox features from inside the game somehow instead of having to open the Xbox app to join party and game.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Fucking hell that credit system appears grindy as hell. 80 credits for a win? And 3500 needed? So over 35 wins for a crate?
What the hell that's a fucking lot.

Iceman829

Where do I complain that I want a 500 credit refund for buying an elite pack yesterday.

At least I got a rainbow skin. Now why don't I have a cole train skin unlocked on day 1. Also, I would prefer having one of the locust with a cape to these swarm characters that all look the same butt face minus the naked dude

Kalentan

Fucking hell that credit system appears grindy as hell. 80 credits for a win? And 3500 needed? So over 35 wins for a crate?

You know it wouldn't be so bad if leveling didn't get harder and harder. They should have made it like Overwatch where the level begins super easy and never gets hard and then just stays the same. That would offset the problem since you would be getting the 500 rewards more often.

Lol what? Still bitching about the credits. Goes from 25-30 credits to 70-80 credits. You got 40 for a lose which is great.

Like did we forget how past gears the only way you can get skins for the most part was buy buying them with money.

the only thing they should increase now is how much you get for the amount of points you get in a match. Mvp in a couple of games and only got 9 credits. That's the thing that needs to be increased now and not for how much you get for winning.

aBarreras

Lol what? Still bitching about the credits. Goes from 25-30 credits to 70-80 credits. You got 40 for a lose which is great.

Like did we forget how past gears the only way you can get skins for the most part was buy buying them with money.

the only thing they should increase now is how much you get for the amount of points you get in a match. Mvp in a couple of games and only got 9 credits. That's the thing that needs to be increased now and not for how much you get for winning.

i dont care about the skins, i want more characters to use

This is probably my best clip so far.

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/807cc685-c0e5-4b85-a6cb-a02d4bedb07f?gamerTag=BananasWithGuns&scid=780f0100-3c66-41ff-b8cc-964f20ee78c6

People are paying $60-100 for this game. It isn't a free to play game. There's no excuse for them being so far behind the curve compared to other games with similar systems.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

and those cards will probably get you like 20 scrap. Good luck getting that 600 character or 2400 weapon skin.

Wuiji

YNlBKpE.gif

We have to add this one to our playbook, coach!

Top Bottom