• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

bumpkin

YNlBKpE.gif

We have to add this one to our playbook, coach!
hahaha... Holy shit.

Enclose

So this is my first Gears of War and im very impressed by now.
Middle in the 2nd Act +i tried the Multiplayer so far and it seems to be pretty funny :D

Oh man. I love mew gears launches. One of the few times I actually feel good at games.

Murdering newbies left and right. Only took 10 years of practice to git gud.

Game is phenomenal, plays so smooth. Loving it!

Soulflarz

Banned
Are people playing on PC using a controller, or the mouse and keyboard? How are the controls with a mouse and keyboard?

Actually, besides asking when the hell the game launches, I wanted to know this
Is it like a fps where kb/m are key, or no, because this game relies so heavily on movement tricks that if you're getting around your opponents a controller is better for dodging?

Gimme my classic skins already. I've been playing Anthony Carmine for 10 fucking years. And now I'm at the mercy of wack ass loot crates.

Would've liked some legacy unlocks for spending majority of my gaming time over the years on Gears as well.

Guess I'm not as picky with the credit system and such cause I'm so used to halos way of doing things. Played days on days working towards some of the things I wanted. So much stuff in that game to unlock and new shit coming more and more.

Though with this I'm dead set on a one character (day of the dead Kait) and one weapon skins (the highway set) other than that anything else will be nice. This isn't where I have to keep working for a smaller and smaller chance to get something but have two ways of unlocking things.

Beepos

God multi is good fun. I never played GOW 2/3 multiplayer so I can't directly compare but my last few PC sessions were smooth as. Arms Race is a lot of fun!

Haines

Banned
How do people play gears now.

I see warzone is still here but in core.

So people prefer the warzone.mode with execution kills as the primo mode or?

Actually, besides asking when the hell the game launches, I wanted to know this
Is it like a fps where kb/m are key, or no, because this game relies so heavily on movement tricks that if you're getting around your opponents a controller is better for dodging?
Those tricks work on console because aiming is hard

Jumeira

Banned
Playing on Hardcore, is it me or are the Locust much more fun to kill? New animations of them reacting to being lit up is adding to the incredible feedback. And gosh, everything is so .... meaty, last shotgun shot that causes those Boomers to crumple into itself is just brutal, god. The shear thrill of bodies dropping and being torn apart is marvelous.

Gears has never felt this good for me, well done Coalition, this is one area I always felt Gears needed work. They've done it!

eshwaaz

Just watched the Digital Foundry video for Gears 4 - wow, very impressed with what they pulled off on XboX One. Looks incredible.

I'm only interested in the campaign, so glad to hear the impressions are mostly positive (though I'm a bit disappointed in the length).

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Apparently I'm a "loyal Gears of War fan" and got some redeem code even though I might have played 3 games online of GoW1...

Anyone who wants an operations gear pack what ever that is can quote this post.

So I saw that there was an update for my console and decided to force the update before the game launched.

I forgot that on launch day, downloads take fucking forever to move. File was 450MBS and it's taken about 15 minutes to go 25 percent.

I'm fucking stupid.

TheRed

Just completed the campaign and loved it. The ending was great. The final shot OMG.

The Coalition did such a fantastic job with this game. It really felt like a direct continuation of Gears. Much better than what Halo 4 did to Halo when 343 took over. I can't wait to see what else they do in their next games in this saga.

I accepted someone's offer here to get digital codes for Gears 1, 2, & 3, but it turns out I already own those games and didn't know it (must have been from the Gears Ultimate Edition?).

Anyways, I'm extending the original poster's offer. First person to quote me gets the codes via PM.

Thanks =)

I accepted someone's offer here to get digital codes for Gears 1, 2, & 3, but it turns out I already own those games and didn't know it (must have been from the Gears Ultimate Edition?).

Anyways, I'm extending the original poster's offer. First person to quote me gets the codes via PM.

Thanks =)

I'd like them if you still have them.

Edzi

What's the standard difficulty for gears campaigns? I started gears 1 just now on hardcore (the second option) since it looked like the "normal" setting, but enemies just felt like bullet sponges so I started again on the default first difficulty.

Soulflarz

Banned
What's the standard difficulty for gears campaigns? I started gears 1 just now on hardcore (the second option) since it looked like the "normal" setting, but enemies just felt like bullet sponges so I started again on the default first difficulty.

insane is usually the "just right" difficulty imo
(hardcore if you aren't mentally insane)

Normal is default. Hardcore is like Halo's Heroic and Insane is like Halo's Legendary.

I personally feel like Hardcore is the best difficulty, but everyone's different.

outsida

Just finished the campaign..... What a great fucking ride that was. I'm actually hyped for The Coalition gears games now. Time to jump into Hoard and Multi now.

Top Bottom