• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Are people playing on PC using a controller, or the mouse and keyboard? How are the controls with a mouse and keyboard?

Keep wondering this, too.

I just can't imagine how wall-bouncing will feel using a keyboard. Is it night impossible to compete with snipers on PC using a controller?

3DShovel

Man... Sometimes this game makes me want to rip all of my teeth out.

But then shit like this happens and I'm like PUT IT IN MY VEINS BRO, MORE MORE MORE

Twrs

Neo Member
The elite pack cost change is terrible. I already bought two packs, because I figured they wouldn't change the cost of the pack, since that would just screw over people who already bought them with credits, or even real money. So now I'm out 1k credits.

So is playerbase on PC ok? I'm a bit tempted despite it being Windows Store only.
It wasn't great. Had a post earlier where I mentioned it took me forever to find a match, but an hour or two later I was finding matches within 30 seconds.

I would imagine it starts to get more populated when the regular edition launches.

Keep wondering this, too.

I just can't imagine how wall-bouncing will feel using a keyboard. Is it night impossible to compete with snipers on PC using a controller?

Why do people act like wallbouncing is only possible on a controller lol. Anything you could do with a controller you can do with a kb/m, it'll feel weird and take some adjustment but that's to be expected when 99% of the people that have been playing Gears have been using a controller.

Although from my limited experience it seems like wallbouncing is pretty useless on PC anyway. Whether someone was trying to wallbounce against me or I to them, it never really went well since aiming is so much easier.

Got to finish campaign this morning. It was fucking excellent. All of it. I love it. 7h 34m according to the war journal. Not sure if it counts restarts. I played it on hardcore which I normally don't do due to lack of time. But it was so good. Only had trouble in a few parts.

After credit scene is a treat. Totally unexpected from me anyway.

I would love to do an insane run, but there's too many games to play. Plus horde is a lot of fun. I suck at MP. It's still fun. Arms race is my favorite. I'm in bronze tier. Was already told to kill myself. Good times.

jadedm17

Did anyone go to Best Buy's midnight release... Was that Friday?
I assumed tonight and mine is locked up; Online doesn't show a locator anymore.
Was there any swag? Damn this splintering of dates.
(I don't blame games either, fucking movies are releasing Thursday night now too preventing awesome midnight crowds. Shit.)

The elite pack cost change is terrible. I already bought two packs, because I figured they wouldn't change the cost of the pack, since that would just screw over people who already bought them with credits, or even real money. So now I'm out 1k credits.

Horrible mentality : Think of it as saving 500 credits each future pack. Would you really it still be the other way?
The game is barely out and the systems are far from perfect, please don't bitch about steps in the right direction.

YNlBKpE.gif

We have to add this one to our playbook, coach!

I've been her since the first day of the first game and have lost full days to Gear's multiplayer, and this is seriously one of my favorite things I've seen.

Twrs

Neo Member
Did anyone go to Best Buy's midnight release... Was that

Horrible mentality : Think of it as saving 500 credits each future pack. Would you really it still be the other way?
The game is barely out and the systems are far from perfect, please don't bitch about steps in the right direction.

Of course I'm happy future packs are going to be cheaper, but I'll still bitch about losing out on 1k credits. I'm sure you would be upset if you got on, and found out you were missing a thousand credits for no reason. How hard could it be for them to refund that? Or just give out a free operations pack as compensation.

jadedm17

Of course I'm happy future packs are going to be cheaper, but I'll still bitch about losing out on 1k credits. I'm sure you would be upset if you got on, and found out you were missing a thousand credits for no reason. How hard could it be for them to refund that? Or just give out a free operations pack as compensation.

There's only so much time in a day to spend making everyone happy : Do you expect Microsoft and Sony to refund everyone who pays MSRP the second a game goes on sale? You bought two packs, chances are you'll buy far more : The change is good.
Alternatively they never change it and you lose out far more money. It's a lose/lose for them.

Resources are finite.

Twrs

Neo Member
There's only so much time in a day to spend making everyone happy : Do you expect Microsoft and Sony to refund everyone who pays MSRP the second a game goes on sale? You bought two packs, chances are you'll buy far more : The change is good.
Alternatively they never change it and you lose out far more money. It's a lose/lose for them.

Resources are finite.

Of course not, that would be ridiculous. This is completely different though, this isn't a sale, this is a price cut the day before the game comes out, screwing over anyone who spent $100 on the game.

SlickVic

Well this is disappointing. Trying to start the game on PC, gets to the title screen, then shoots out an error saying it can't sync cloud data at this time. I select Play Offline and then it goes into some loop on the title screen complaining how it can't go further because of a 'sign in change'.

I had a similar issue trying to play Killer Instinct on PC, but I lost interest in trying further so never got that to work. I got the PC version of Forza Horizon 3 to work, but that was after playing the game on Xbox One first. If this isn't some launch issue, wonder if I have to run the game on Xbox first or else it refuses to sync cloud data for me for some bizarre reason.

Edit: Fixed it by going to the Xbox app and logging in to my Live Account. Not sure how I got logged out but seems to have fixed it.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Decided to finish Gears 3 again before playing.

Did a trilogy run a few months back but stopped short finishing 3 by 2 acts. Been playing for a couple hours now. 2 chapters away. Gears 4 Preloaded on both Pc and XB1 ready to go.

Feels good.

AlexBasch

Was ready to go home but an actor died just before I closed the edition at the newspaper where I work at, so had to back to the computer to write a new first page for the section.
I mean, I'm about to go home and will get there around 00:30, but I wanted to be there sooner. Poor guy though, was Gonzalo Vega, not sure if anyone around watched Nosotros Los Nobles, but it was him.

The phone didn't help, kept getting the Xbox messages for codes and stuff. HYPE.

Was ready to go home but an actor died just before I closed the edition at the newspaper where I work at, so had to back to the computer to write a new first page for the section.
I mean, I'm about to go home and will get there around 00:30, but I wanted to be there sooner. Poor guy though, was Gonzalo Vega, not sure if anyone around watched Nosotros Los Nobles, but it was him.

The phone didn't help, kept getting the Xbox messages for codes and stuff. HYPE.

RIP Mrs President

Ni modo hermano

UberLevi

Currently at 51gb installed. Work at 11am tomorrow so I doubt my download will be finished before my bedtime, but I'll see you guys on the other side tomorrow afternoon for sure.

RoKKeR

Co-op campaign had network issues after about 20 minutes, jumping back in again. So cool that I'm playing with a friend on PC.

Soulflarz

Banned
yep gonna do some multiplayer as soon as eva unit 01 is ready :V

so uh
anyone wanna join? Just social mp, not comp for now, not horde either, orz. Just to get used to it again!

(jadedm17, free if you want to do mp)

TitusTroy

played the first game on PC but since the next 2 never were released for PC never played them...am I missing anything important or can I jump right into GoW4?

Velikost

How do you view your DLC on the PC/Windows store? Can't see any of my preorder bonuses or Rockstar packs and shit

Nevermind I'm dumb, they just unlock, lol

Bsigg12

Fuuuuck Insane is so god damn hard in this game.

I have been one-shotted so many times.

As frustrating as it is, it's still a ton of fun.

breakfuss

Well I guess BEST BUY isn't doing midnight release! FUCK. Lol. I feel like an idiot. I will find the employee that told me otherwise. And i will finish them.

i just picked up my preorder from gamestop and installing. Was I supposed to get the zombie dom skin? I didnt see that come up for any of the codes I entered. And one of the codes in the physical card pack I got didnt give me what was on the pic. It was supposed to be a weapon skin, and it gave me a swarm emblem

Top Bottom