• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

breakfuss

i just picked up my preorder from gamestop and installing. Was I supposed to get the zombie dom skin? I didnt see that come up for any of the codes I entered. And one of the codes in the physical card pack I got didnt give me what was on the pic. It was supposed to be a weapon skin, and it gave me a swarm emblem

Is the midnight pickup only for pre-orders?

kendrid

Banned
I recently upgrade to a 1060 and I have an ancient i7 920 processor. I'm getting 55-60 fps at 1440p with Ultra settings. Impressive.

Gears 4 beta.

nRlqKBd.jpg

OGrDQbv.jpg

Some screens I took of the same map in Horde mode.

Ax8QY27.jpg

e7mjJkE.jpg

(images are compressed)

Thewonandonly

HOLY SHIT!!!!

I'm really high right now and playing gears for I'm so jazzed :) this opening levelis fucking incredible!! I won't spoil it but damn it's really good

IJoel

Are people having issues with the game restarting the entire chapter when retrying a checkpoint. This just happened to me. So annoyed.

Thewonandonly

OMG it got better!

The 17 years after E-day prologue part where you step out the smoke and see all the lucust atacking it was beautiful :)

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Oh god, I knew this would happen.

Mouse aiming is incredible of course, but man do I dislike spacebar for running and vaulting on the keyboard. It is so much more comfortable to zip around the map on a controller but aiming with thumb sticks after being a mouse only user for a few years now is really sluggish.

Shit, can't choose. I really wish you could map jumping and wall bouncing to spacebar and running to shift. That'd fix my issues with the keyboard.

leng jai

Personally thought prologue missions were pretty awful outside of the story integration. Graphically bland and combat setups were super boring. They were essentially tutorial missions so that's half expected.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Personally thought prologue missions were pretty awful outside of the story integration. Graphically bland and combat setups were super boring. They were essentially tutorial missions so that's half expected.
Yeah, I was a bit concerned but the game gets much better quickly.

Compared to the rest of the game, he's not wrong.

Thewonandonly

Yeah, I was a bit concerned but the game gets much better quickly.
I guess I could see that I just loved the story aspect. I've real all the gears books so I thought it was absolutely incredible to play out some of those battles I've always wanted to see :)

also I'm really high so it's easier to wow me ;)

Ps: they need to make a Vietnam style spin off where you play as Marcus during the penjulam war

Who knew Microsoft of all publishers would release one of best (if not THE best) PC ports in recent memory?

It's actually quite crazy given their recent history on PC.

Got early access with my buddy and we beat the campaign on hardcore, love the game so much. Horde is awesome, so is verus. Dodgeball is actually surprisingly fun.

3 or 4 hours into the campaign...

Only robot enemies :-(

You're about to stop fighting them altogether! They get a little stale for sure though.

RoKKeR

Amazed at how well cross play works. Really impressed. Great trend for MS games going forward.

Played a bit of campaign and then Horde. Feels and looks better than ever.

nullref

This is the first PC game I've played that made significant use of the impulse triggers on the Xbox One controller. Pretty neat.

malfcn

Of rather see my credits before voting for next map. But I assume it's that because social implies you're just going to roll with it.

lol pc version is probably dead. no matter how good this port is, people have that steam only mentality, which is a shame, cause its a damn fine port and game.

Yep..

In a world where PC constantly gets shitty ports that everyone complains about, The Coalition puts in all this effort to make a great PC game but it's not a Steam so it'll have 50 people playing it

MattDoza

Is anyone else's Amazon order status sitting at "delivery date pending?" Starting to think I won't have the game until Wednesday or Thursday.

Yep..

In a world where PC constantly gets shitty ports that everyone complains about, The Coalition puts in all this effort to make a great PC game but it's not a Steam so it'll have 50 people playing it

Maybe they should have let them put it on Steam, then?

Let's not blame the gamers for not wanting the fucking shit experience that has been the Windows store, which comes with the legacy of GFWL. Let's also not forget that Quantum Break runs better on Steam than it is on the Windows store and will likely see more regular sales to boot.

So honestly? Fuck Microsoft. If they wanted sales, they'd put the shit on Steam, GoG, etc.

Top Bottom