• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Jack John

Back to an error when downloading the patch. Thought I had finally gotten past that after having to download the whole thing three times over the weekend.

Sky87

Nice patch MS
MRMXppS.png

Launch game once, then check eventviewer under Information. You should have a bunch of Eventid 117 containing something like ''Lease successfully installed.''

It seems there is some form of DRM that contacts a server to verify access.

Back to an error when downloading the patch. Thought I had finally gotten past that after having to download the whole thing three times over the weekend.

What's the error code you're getting?

Mine got to a point where the Store didn't even recognize it in my library. I would go to the Gears store page, it said I owned it, I would hit "Manage" then it wouldn't show up in my Library (yes, I clicked Unhide.) In the end, it took me 3 installs and some time with a MS support agent to get it working.

But if it's the same error code I was getting, Google it, and you can find instructions on how to fix it. It involves opening the Windows PowerShell.

I got a very comical / frustrating time with the support agent out of it.

dreamfall

Can anyone tell me what the map rotation? I swear in Warzone I have just played the Beta maps repeatedly. I've also only put in about two hours so I didn't mind, but is there map variation? Am I imagining this?

Theorry

Can anyone tell me what the map rotation? I swear in Warzone I have just played the Beta maps repeatedly. I've also only put in about two hours so I didn't mind, but is there map variation? Am I imagining this?

There is. But probably it considers also what is a good map for that gamemode.

cant even start a private match with just me vs bots.

Yeah, the way private stuff is set up is crazy. When the game came out Friday I couldn't even play a LAN versus game because we couldn't connect to the server. We couldn't play Horde or Campaign over LAN because there was no option, and we couldn't play the only LAN supported mode because we couldn't connect.

I don't understand how every developer had it so right on 360, and have fucked it all up here. Right from the main menu select your lobby type, local/LAN/Online, and if I don't pick online then stop trying to connect me and just let me play every damn mode offline or on LAN.

Theorry

"Gears of War
‏@GearsofWar
There will be some server disruption for a short time as our Title Update and server-side updates roll out. Thank you for your patience."

Sch1sm

They're switching out the dlc maps regularly, but that's just at least 2 every month, iirc. Not sure what else is happening.

I feel like that's a complaint people have had since they started the betas for this game, though. Maybe they'll sort it. Who knows.

J4g3r

My update is stuck on 672.2mb of 676.2mb, pausing and resuming let's it download a little more but it just get's stuck again...

Hale_C

My update is stuck on 672.2mb of 676.2mb, pausing and resuming let's it download a little more but it just get's stuck again...

Just let it do its thing, it's rebuilding folders in the background. Pause/resume won't speed it up (I'm still waiting on mine too).

On PC I'm getting a weird visual glitch on the "vines" and only the vines... Anyone know why and how to fix?

Trippy... Obvious question, but are you using relatively new drivers?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Why does it take like 2 years to load a map?

Loading Map with the character at display seem to be a server connection issue as the actual map seems to load on a separate screen after its syncing the players in the last step.

I had a instant "loading map" stage an hour ago 2 hours before the server went down so I'm safe to say thats the issue.

Tecnniqe

Banned
NVIDIA GeForce ‏@NVIDIAGeForce 4 minutes ago
@GearsofWar 4 is now available! With support for DX12, 4K, and 21:9, it's a technical achievement on PC.

10/10

Sky87

Trying to redeem the codes for the 4 previous Gears games, getting ''Sorry, an unexpected error has occurred. The error has been recorded and we will investigate. Please try to redeem your code later.''

Tried both through the Xbox app and the Xbox itself. Anyone else run into this? Still got the physical discs, but i would prefer having disc-less copies too.

jfoul

If I pause it the store crashes.

This is what I'm getting as well. It's slowly downloading the update after pause/resume and closing/reopening the store after it crashes.

Edit: I pre-ordered the digital version of this game. Do we get zombie dom automatically, or is it a code?

Jobbs

Banned
Finally got this. Gonna gripe about some technical stuff for a sec, but the game made a great first impression. This is coming from someone who was a huge Gears 1 fan (I played 2 and 3 but the big love affair was 1).

Installation was a pain. (Xbox One). I don't use my XB1 very often and the interface is just so baffling. It's unintuitive and laggy. More importantly, though, it stops downloading for no reason and has to be restarted manually. Happened while I was sleeping and cost me hours. I woke up thinking it'd be done and it was stopped at 12g for no reason and it also doesn't restart on its own. It did it again later. Whatever.

That out of the way, the game seems really awesome. I haven't gone into campaign yet but I started off by doing a couple quickmatches just to see what the game was like. It took me almost no time at all to get back into 2007 form and I was shotgunning people like a beast. Initial impressions are that it's exactly what I wanted from a Gears game.

Playing on XB1 and it's gorgeous. It runs at 60 frames in MP and everything feels super responsive. The controls and feedback and everything feels highly tuned. I almost couldn't be happier at this point.

Couple technical asides/questions:

1) The game hitches a lot in the menus, so much so that at times I'm wondering if my XB1 is busted. The gameplay is mostly perfect but one time it did freeze up for about a second during a firefight. Anyone else have this?

2) This is more to do with XB1 video capture. I ended the match by shotgunning 4 people in a row. After the game was over and I was back out at the main menu, I realized I wanted to record that and show my friend. I double tapped the xbox button and said to save the clip.. But the clip was only of the main menu from the past 30 seconds. What gives?

Sch1sm

Finally got this. Gonna gripe about some technical stuff for a sec, but the game made a great first impression. This is coming from someone who was a huge Gears 1 fan (I played 2 and 3 but the big love affair was 1).

Installation was a pain. (Xbox One). I don't use my XB1 very often and the interface is just so baffling. It's unintuitive and laggy. More importantly, though, it stops downloading for no reason and has to be restarted manually. Happened while I was sleeping and cost me hours. I woke up thinking it'd be done and it was stopped at 12g for no reason and it also doesn't restart on its own. It did it again later. Whatever.

That out of the way, the game seems really awesome. I haven't gone into campaign yet but I started off by doing a couple quickmatches just to see what the game was like. It took me almost no time at all to get back into 2007 form and I was shotgunning people like a beast. Initial impressions are that it's exactly what I wanted from a Gears game.

Playing on XB1 and it's gorgeous. It runs at 60 frames in MP and everything feels super responsive. The controls and feedback and everything feels highly tuned. I almost couldn't be happier at this point.

Couple technical asides/questions:

1) The game hitches a lot in the menus, so much so that at times I'm wondering if my XB1 is busted. The gameplay is mostly perfect but one time it did freeze up for about a second during a firefight. Anyone else have this?

2) This is more to do with XB1 video capture. I ended the match by shotgunning 4 people in a row. After the game was over and I was back out at the main menu, I realized I wanted to record that and show my friend. I double tapped the xbox button and said to save the clip.. But the clip was only of the main menu from the past 30 seconds. What gives?

I experienced this, as well. Just random pauses, or really weird fluctuations in download speed, and then a stop. I got my UE code a little late, so it made it even worse. Couldn't really play until yesterday, which is a little annoying.

As for the second bold, I experienced this, too. Especially on startup, though? Like it hangs, takes what seems forever. At least 40s to get to the start screen.

This is what I'm getting as well. It's slowly downloading the update after pause/resume and closing/reopening the store after it crashes.

Edit: I pre-ordered the digital version of this game. Do we get zombie dom automatically, or is it a code?
Yeah that method works but it will take fucking hours.

Top Bottom