• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

I know others might not agree, but the OST for this game is such a huge let down.
Coming from the big, epic themes of 1, 2 and 3 to 4 is just downright disappointing.

Theres no stand out theme, and unless I somehow missed it, theres no reference at all to any of the previous themes.

In my opinion, they dropped the ball hard by moving away from Jablonsky and going to Djawadi.

I'm loving the game, but the soundtrack is the weakest in the series by a country mile if you dont include Judgement.

deoee

Downloading all 75gb again :) :) :)

fwCFWMH.png

So it seems im not the only one with this issue.

Get home from work ready to play my pre-loaded gears4 on pc. Update drivers. Load game.... Needs an update.... Wtf, really???

Fine. Load store. Downloading 428.0 MB...

Not moving.

What do i do? Just leave it?

Hale_C

Get home from work ready to play my pre-loaded gears4 on pc. Update drivers. Load game.... Needs an update.... Wtf, really???

Not moving.

Yes, leave it, it's rebuilding folders in the background (for some reason).

Theorry

Not moving.

Yeah just let it. Just dont trust the UI,

kendrid

Banned
I can't even download the patch and I can't play the single player campaign without it even though the game ran fine last night.

The Windows store is truly a mess.

FYI: Mine says downloading 1KB of 2.74 MB.

I saw this in a review today:

"After playing about 8 hours of horde mode, I had just over 3500 coins, which a elite pack costs 4000, so Microsoft has made it so buying these packs seem very tempting, or play for 10 hours for a single pack."

Is it really true that 8 hours of horde isnt enough to buy a single pack? That seems crazy to me.

Anyone having an issue with War Journal campaign stats not showing on PC? It says 0 hours played even though I'm on Act 2 and zero enemies killed as well.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I saw this in a review today:

"After playing about 8 hours of horde mode, I had just over 3500 coins, which a elite pack costs 4000, so Microsoft has made it so buying these packs seem very tempting, or play for 10 hours for a single pack."

Is it really true that 8 hours of horde isnt enough to buy a single pack? That seems crazy to me.

Depends how good you are.

The better the more coins and each 5 levels grant 500 credits so the first pack goes fast and they reduced credits needed now as well as increased payout.

Sane_Man

Trying to play this on PC just reminds me why I put off PC gaming for so long. The game installed fine, I opened it and it said it required an update and took me to the MS store. Every time I try and install the update it fails and I get error '0x80073CF9'. I try and find solutions and there's dozens of them and none of them work :/

That finish to Act 2 was pretty awesome. On to Act 3 and can finally start shooting some monsters. The DeeBees are alright but I still hope they are just a one game thing. Would be fun to fight along side them.

Did I lose my chance to get the preorder bonusses on PC? I wanted the Ultimate pre-order stuff.. but I lost track of time. Is it stuff I can purchase or earn seperately?

kendrid

Banned
I think I found a bug with their update logic. My update now trying to start but after a minute it says error. When I click on error it prompts me to select a drive with 80gb free. I can't select the SSD the game is already installed on because I don't have enough space. If I select another drive it closes and does nothing.

I really think I'm going to need to uninstall it and reinstall, hoping when I install it clean it has the patch applied.

What a mess.

Hale_C

Trying to play this on PC just reminds me why I put off PC gaming for so long. The game installed fine, I opened it and it said it required an update and took me to the MS store. Every time I try and install the update it fails and I get error '0x80073CF9'. I try and find solutions and there's dozens of them and none of them work :/

Don't know if this will help, but make sure you've got at least ~80gb free on the drive your game is installed on.

I think I found a bug with their update logic. My update now trying to start but after a minute it says error. When I click on error it prompts me to select a drive with 80gb free. I can't select the SSD the game is already installed on because I don't have enough space. If I select another drive it closes and does nothing.

I really think I'm going to need to uninstall it and reinstall, hoping when I install it clean it has the patch applied.

What a mess.

Yeah, you probably will I'm afraid, because it rebuilds a copy of the entire original folder (with the patch applied), then deletes the old one. Because of... reasons?

Error... See details. 2 seconds later, downloading and repeat...

Ah pc gaming how i havnt missed thee.

Edit.

Stuck on error so clicked to see details. "Something went wrong" yeah no shit lol.

louiedog

Ugh. Stupid Microsoft Store.

I can't update the game because it wants to download the whole thing as a patch, but I don't have 80 GB free on my SSD. I guess it's no different than deleting and redownloading so that part isn't a huge issue. Of course I can't play the game until I update, even single player.

This kind of thing will start becoming a big issue next month when I have a Comcast cap.

Jake2by4

In your WindowsApps folder, do you see a folder called 'Microsoft.SpartaUWP_9.2.0.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe' as well as another folder similarly named 9.2.0.1 or something? It may just be the UI fucking with you. Or it may be redownloading the whole thing.

What bug?

Sometimes your ammo count doesn't go down with you shoot someone.

MCD

Kicked from campaign coop twice now.

And now you can't connect to Gears of War servers.

Fuck this shitty patch. Fuck these servers. Fuck the Coalition.

Top Bottom