• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

drigosr

I've been doing the
Swarmak
fight for 40 minutes now (Hardcore).

What to do?

I destroyed all the generator thingies, the only thing left are the brutes, tons of drones and the swarmak itself. I can get it down to 2-3 spots on its body, but then I always get instakilled by the fucking rockets.

Aim for the body bubbles. I think there are 1 or 2 on each of Swarmak's legs and another one on its back. Do this and you will succeed!

J 0 E

Anyone else noticed the graphics in the
beginning flashbacks
a little weaker than the actual game's start with JD?

jacobeid

Banned
PSA: Be careful when syncing data between XB1/PC. My buddy just lost 20+ hours of progress in Forza due to that issue and I'm guessing it will happen with this game too. I myself lost 45 minutes of progress day one. Obviously less rage inducing than 20+ hours but it goes to show that the issue is not isolated in the slightest. Be careful.

So much for playing this on my one day off this week. Download just keeps freezing up.

PSA: Be careful when syncing data between XB1/PC. My buddy just lost 20+ hours of progress in Forza due to that issue and I'm guessing it will happen with this game too. I myself lost 45 minutes of progress day one. Obviously less rage inducing than 20+ hours but it goes to show that the issue is not isolated in the slightest. Be careful.

I've switched back and forth a ton on FH3 and haven't had any issues at all. Actually been super impressed with how well it works.

Soulflarz

Banned

ones stored on a server, ie- online saves basically at all times and...it's actually really stupid

on that note:

PC and Controllers should not share the same rank. Hell, my view is if you plug in a controller, you should be allowed to play with xb1 players for multiplayer with ranks, but not otherwise. It's straight up unfair to have your ranked shared- one is infinitely easier.
Else I'd have just taken my top 100 in PS4 overwatch to the bank and been a higher rank than pros who had to work infinitely harder to get there on PC >_>

Lulz.

Go home during lunch to grab update. Hit update.

Errors out with 0x87E10BD0 code.

Win 10 store. Truly God Tier.

EDIT: Ran WSReset.exe (yet again) got it to work.

Now I have that bug where it says 387.4 mb out of 387.4 mb complete but the progress is 25% done.

WINDOWS STORE DA BEST

jacobeid

Banned
I've switched back and forth a ton on FH3 and haven't had any issues at all. Actually been super impressed with how well it works.

He switched between platforms tons of times, but this time it deleted everything. Be careful. It doesn't seem like there's anything you can do at that point.

Newlove

I didn't realise you needed the digital version for Xbox Play Anywhere. Not that I was going to play it much on PC, but tis a shame it doesn't link with the disc version. I guess because I could just sell the Xbox game and still have it in the PC library.

nOoblet16

When you start a ranked match and see this

MTHZFDYh.jpg

Soulflarz

Banned
He switched between platforms tons of times, but this time it deleted everything. Be careful. It doesn't seem like there's anything you can do at that point.

I think what hes saying is your friend messed up somewhere, or cloud saves did, since...that's not exactly normal

okay guys, 1.11 gigs into a 320mb patch, NICE. Then again, I ran the powershell at like 760mb...maybe it's done and it's hitching completed? Ughh

When you start a ranked match and see this

MTHZFDYh.jpg

take the derank :^)

jacobeid

Banned
I think what hes saying is your friend messed up somewhere, or cloud saves did, since...that's not exactly normal

It was definitely the server. I drilled him with questions (was it totally closed on XB1, what prompts were ther, etc.) He sent me a snapchat showing it just hanging there and then when it finally progressed to the main screen all of his progress was gone. I've seen at least three other people post about this on the Forza forums. Just wanted to give a heads up to everyone to be very careful. It doesn't seem like the kinks are ironed out.

Edit: not to mention he had been switching versions on a near daily basis since the Ultimate Edition released; he knew what he was doing.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Going to the game's main page makes it seem like I have to download everything all over again, but I clicked the drop-down download arrow at the top of the Windows Store page and saw the option to update that way. Currently doing that, but it seems to be stuck at 387.4 MB.

Soulflarz

Banned
Going to the game's main page makes it seem like I had to redownload the whole thing, but I clicked the drop-down download arrow at the top of the Windows Store page and saw the option to update that way. Currently doing that, but it seems to be stuck at 387.4 MB.

You're done

Guys, I think I got it
It creates a new folder
<gears thing> 9.1.0.2 is a diff folder than 9.2.0.2. 9.2.0.2 is slowly getting larger, was 10gb, now it's 30gb
I think it fully allocates the space THEN copies the files over with the patch. Meaning yes, the files hitch forever at the end, that's why I think. It doesn't just update like every other client ever, it has to copy 72gb to a diff folder. Amazing, right?

MarveI

Played 1 hour of horde. Got total 71 credits. I thought they increased it ?
Or did they totally neglect horde.

How many credits do you guys get from an average of 1 hour versus ?

Knox

Patch is constantly stopping, eventually timing out until I start it again and it makes a little progress until stopping again. I'm at 1.17 GB of 1.17 GB but it's been X of X the whole time so I have no idea how long this is going to take. Shit like this is why people are skeptical of using any storefront other than Steam.

Citadel

Thought the game started off somewhat slowly, but I'm almost(?) through Act III, and the story has picked up immensely. Really loving the darker and more personal feel of these middle chapters. Multiplayer is just as good as I remember the classic Gears to be, although I haven't played since.. 2? 3? Never touched Judgment, but I will go through all four of them (thank you ultimate edition) once I'm finished with 4. But man, there are some really good players out there. I forgot how good those competitive players can really be.

Amazon fucked up my pre-order. I didn't get an email until this morning saying, "Oops, there's a problem. New expected ship date is October 18."

Not the first time I've gone through this horse shit with Amazon.

Soulflarz

Banned
Patch is constantly stopping, eventually timing out until I start it again and it makes a little progress until stopping again. I'm at 1.17 GB of 1.17 GB but it's been X of X the whole time so I have no idea how long this is going to take. Shit like this is why people are skeptical of using any storefront other than Steam.

see my post.
It's copying everything over from one folder to another
Kinda amazing how bad it is!

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
You're done

Guys, I think I got it
It creates a new folder
<gears thing> 9.1.0.2 is a diff folder than 9.2.0.2. 9.2.0.2 is slowly getting larger, was 10gb, now it's 30gb
I think it fully allocates the space THEN copies the files over with the patch. Meaning yes, the files hitch forever at the end, that's why I think. It doesn't just update like every other client ever, it has to copy 72gb to a diff folder. Amazing, right?

I figured this is what was happening.

Basically, it seems that if you don't have another 70+ gigs of space available on your drive, the update will not go through. And once the update goes through, from my understanding that space clears up again, so whatever game or program you had to delete was for nothing really.

The game does auto upload on cloud or whatever right? Like if I play X hours on PC, I can turn on my xbox and start back at X hours. Just wondering cause I had to reinstall the game cause it kept freezing and crashing on me.

Koojay

Just began my first install on PC, download is 73.33gb

Is this correct? Just wondering if I'm going to have issues with this patch as others have.

BizzyBum

The whole credit / loot box system seems off. Halo 5 had a way better system that actually felt like you were constantly unlocking stuff.

Top Bottom