• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Rizzi

Does this horde mode thing have matchmaking, or is it a private match only kind of deal? Can't check for myself at the moment.

Well, I was wondering if it makes a difference in disconnecting. We had one instance where he was kicked right back to menu in middle of an act . It was a one time thing but was wondering if there are other ways to work to prevent that.

My post got thrown at the very end of the last page - do you know where I can find a better deal on a Gears 4 code?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Does this horde mode thing have matchmaking, or is it a private match only kind of deal? Can't check for myself at the moment.

It has matchmaking and private options.

Quitters are a problem though as it doesn't replace people who leave.

Jobbs

Banned
Gears 4 multi reminds me of Gears 1, which is a good thing to me. Shotgunning feels right again. Something always felt kind of squishy about the controls and gunfeel of 2 and 3.

The only problem with the game (XB1) is the menus are so stuttery and laggy and frequently freeze to a degree that goes beyond slight annoyance.

Trying from scratch one last time since the d/l speed seems to have corrected itself. Rep really didn't like me mentioning refund and tried very hard to assure me there'll be no need to. Hope he's right. Got nothing else out right now that I'm after and I'm burnt out on the games in my regular rotation.

leng jai

Did everyone finish the campaign during early access or just jump straight into MP? Not much talk of the single player in this thread.

Luftwaffle

Neo Member
Not sure if this was already asked, but if I use the PC code that comes with the XB1 version, will the XB1 version still work if I give it away? Or do you need the code to work on both platforms?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if this was already asked, but if I use the PC code that comes with the XB1 version, will the XB1 version still work if I give it away? Or do you need the code to work on both platforms?

you don't get a code. if you buy it digitally it works with your account on pc and xbox and if you buy it on disc it only works on xbox.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
THis is the best gears. MP feels fantastic. But quitters kill horde and I'm sure they ruin ranked too.

This was the best campaign though, it IMO only because it can pull from the other games in the form of fan service.

nOoblet16

Did everyone finish the campaign during early access or just jump straight into MP? Not much talk of the single player in this thread.

I finished bits of the campaign while it was still downloading...then I saw it through the end and jumped into MP. But I already have experience with Gears MP and also played the beta a lot.

For someone who hasn't played it before or hasn't played a lot I'd recommend they jump into the MP asap and also watch some tips and tutorial videos for basics, because by the time they are done with campaign two things will happen:

1) Other people even new players...will become better
2) You will pick up some bad habits from campaign (overusing cover, using lancer, hard aiming) and it'll get you killed a lot and leave you with a sour taste.

If you play MP first you might end up learning some stuff about Gears and then play the campaign in a very similar manner to MP.

Luftwaffle

Neo Member
God damn and the digital version is 80$ in Canada. I was getting the XB1 disk for 60 with the Amazon discount. Oh well, I'll wait then I guess. I'd rather play this on PC.

Yup can't play competitive anymore. Two teammates quit when we went down by one game in escalation.

Gonna go back to overwatch and play campaign.

The weekend sure was fun though.

Coalition should institute 24/48/weeklong bans for repeat quitters in competitive. The matches are so long and when you have quitters in the third round it's a total waste of everyone's time.

Nere

I absolutely adore horde but it really is unplayable, everyone just quits after a couple of waves and considering how long it takes to get into a game it is a really big waste of time.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I absolutely adore horde but it really is unplayable, everyone just quits after a couple of waves and considering how long it takes to get into a game it is a really big waste of time.

they're probably just playing enough to use a bounty card. I've seen quite a bit of that.

I wish they'd add an option to join a game in progress. Gears 3 had the same problem and honestly sometimes I wouldn't mind just joining some random game in the thick of it.

hold on, is there any way to keep playing team death Match non stop? everytime we are done with one match we have to go back to Playlist? that is so frustrating

malfcn

Now I'm missing active reloads because of frame drops. This was solid last night. Did the patch chop it up for anyone else?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Fucking windows store is broken. Won't update my game keeps asking for more space. I have everything correctly setup and latest updates as well.

TheRed

About to try execution after playing a ton of team deathwatch am I screwed after just getting used to the weapons in core. How different are they? I don't like that this is even a thing.

I finished it and went straight to MP, it's a really solid campaign though that sets the series up for sequels. Horde 3.0 and Versus are just really fun as well.

What's the fastest way to level up?

And how do I get the Cole Train and Carmaine skins?

Bounties. Some Horde ones will give you like 20k xp for getting to wave 30, which is fairly easy. Not sure about what skins are in the game, but they're all obtained thru elite packs you earn with in game currency or pay money for.

Top Bottom