• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

xBladeM6x

For whatever reason, the Windows Store seems bugged as fuck, and I can't get the update they require to even get past the main menu, to actually download properly. The update just hangs on an arbitrary mbs downloaded.

Anyone have some solid MP representation in the form of a YT video? Preferably no commentary. Just want to see how a good game plays out

And so begins my journey into Microsoft customer support.... I'm gonna be here all night now aren't I?

Pretty much not a single @$#% was given by entire forum..

Back to the gm that's lit on so many levels. X1 Servers did not disappoint thus far, not 10/10 smooth but could be worse.

I mean, I'm glad it's fine for you, but I can't access it despite having paid for it. I feel pretty justified in being pissed here. Also welcome to my ignore list.

Am I the only one who feels like the sound in this game is very muffled? Guns, voices, running, pretty much everything.

Also, the countdown sound sucks too. Maybe my ears are just sensitive today.

Finally got the update, but can't join a campaign game. Been trying for an hour, no matter who hosts, the other player gets an error and kicked back to the main menu.

Anybody else getting a second or two delay at the start of every single MP match? It only started happening today. It's super annoying. I've had the game since Friday and this is a new issue.

Woooooow. Left my PC to download for an hour and a half after it deleted the whole game and it only did a couple gig. Definitely refund time. Deleting itself was one big crock of shit but having to redownload it at a fraction of the pace? Hell no.

Pretty much not a single @$#% was given by entire forum..

Back to the gm that's lit on so many levels. X1 Servers did not disappoint thus far, not 10/10 smooth but could be worse.

HiiiLife

Is it just my Xbox or does the game lag at beginning of rounds. I'm finding my game freeze mid roll then I'm ten feet from the spawn point lol.

Edit: guess everyone else is lagging too.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Aiming with a mouse is definitely better, but movement(wall bouncing etc.) doesn't feel that natural with a keyboard.

This is my problem. There is no keyboard layout that makes movement as comfortable and intuitive as controller.

Mouse aiming is godly, but my thumb gets sore after ten minutes playing with keyboard. Bah.

Either way, I seem to be doing pretty well with controller online for now, but I'm thinking that might just be because there are lots of first-time Gears players still acclimating to the gameplay on mouse/keyboard.

Dubz

Have this on PC, and am now getting it ready for download on the One. Friggin X1 system update is moving so slow....Guess I won't be playing this on the Xbox tonight:(

Strider

Can anyone give me some quick info on pickup weapons like snipers, boomshot, grenades, etc. Im brand new to Gears.

Are thse weapons on static timers or dynamic spawn rates? How long between each spawn?

Yep, fuck this. Can play other modes, but brother and I can't play the campaign. Just gives an error connecting to the server and boots back to the menu. Fucking garbage.

Ballistik

Little confused, 100% hit means he should go down right? I got killed after shooting someone and it tells me I did 100% damage yet he ran away without going down.

I've heard multiple answers, can someone clear this up for me: How many players is the online co-op campaign?
Campaign is only 2.

nOoblet16

Can anyone give me some quick info on pickup weapons like snipers, boomshot, grenades, etc. Im brand new to Gears.

Are thse weapons on static timers or dynamic spawn rates? How long between each spawn?
Dynamic spawn. If a weapon is in play then it won't spawn. What I mean is that if it's being used (has ammo) or if the person using it died recently then it won't spawn unless the previous one despawns. Once the weapon despawns it takes about 15 seconds I reckon for it to spawn again..but this time depends on the weapon itself. Things like Boltok, shock grenade and Retro Lancer will spawn quicker than power weapons like Longshot, Torque, frag grenades.

Xyber

Yea...I had to change my cover stuff from space to a side mouse button. feels a bit better.

I was actually just thinking about doing that, gonna give it a go tomorrow and see how I like it. I just think it would feel a bit better separating the actual directional movement and the cover button to different hands just like it would be on a controller. I don't really feel like I have good control over my bounces when I need to do it all with just one hand.

Jake2by4

Time is 20 secs, i believe it needs to be longer cause people just camp them.

BizzyBum

How do you wall bounce reliably?

Sometimes I slide to the wall, other times I just roll. Seems like it's the same distance.

Ballistik

try the alternative button layout, it maps cover and run to different buttons

Yeah, I don't do it myself, but I know some people remap the controller settings so that you roll with a different button, and it prevents accidental rolls... which are like the main cause of death in shotgun battles.

nOoblet16

How do you wall bounce reliably?

Sometimes I slide to the wall, other times I just roll. Seems like it's the same distance.
If you want to avoid rolling there are two things you can do:

1) pick a cover point that's closer
2) Use a different control scheme that splits cover and run to two separate buttons, that way you avoid rolling all together and can wall bounce and slide cancel faster.

loki0wn

Can I play Horde mode split screen locally? Also, anyone know if I can play co-op on my PC and Xbox One using the same copy, but different names?

I'm really tight on money but I want this game.

Is this a scam? I thought the Nvidia codes were made invalid.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gears-of-Wa...950978?hash=item21188f1502:g:ajwAAOSw4shX-uJI

I'm protected by the eBay money back guarantee if it doesn't work. Should I go for it?

"Once code is sent, no return accepted. Rest assured, you are still covered by eBay Money Back Guarantee."

That's a really weird thing to put into your listing.

Despite this guy's feedback, $10 savings might not be worth the hassle?

I think the Microsoft Store is still offering a $10 gift card with purchase.

aBarreras

Can I play Horde mode split screen locally? Also, anyone know if I can play co-op on my PC and Xbox One using the same copy, but different names?

if you have the xbox as your "home xbox" anyone can play gears 4 on that xbox

also yes, you can play horde split screen

didnt realize the update would complete make the ui shit to navigate. Everything lags and chugs as a flip through the menu, even after a hard reset of my xbox. Plus Im also getting the lag spike at the beginning of the match each time too like the poster above mentioned..

Just finished Act 3. Campaign has been great thus far. The swarm are for sure more fun to fight than the DeeBees. I don't really have anything against the DeeBees. Just more fun to shoot all of the monsters. Love how aggressive they are.

aBarreras

Stupid question but my friend and I are going through campaign. Is there any way to set this on a private server on Xbox? I haven't played with menus to look

well if you are both playing, there is no chance of someone else getting in since the campaign is for 2 players, but yes you can play private as far as i remember

nOoblet16

Angel_DvA

Quitters are a real problem in this game, it's really annoying, Coalition need to do something about it...

I was playing on Harbour and I thought I was doing pretty good and then I lose the round, I was confused and I realize that 2 of my teammates leaves for whatever reasons, I end up losing the game because I couldn't do anything, I was trapped in spawn and they don't switch side as they should, annoying...

2Icc.png

Top Bottom