• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Anyone getting free more space error in Windows Store when updating? Getting it and freaking update won't install. I have all updates for Windows too.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Not very far into it, but loving it so far.

That said, can I not impale enemies with my Retro Lancer anymore?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I keep doing that just as I did in Gears 3 but it just king of damages them and I bounce off.

are you doing it in single player? some of the bigger robots you can't like in Gears 3 you couldn't do it to the boomers.

in mp you should be able to do it to anyone. just make sure you have enough run-up

Anyone else have trouble on Act 3 Chapter 3?

Playing on Insane, jesus christ..probably the most difficult thing I've ever had to do in Gears. I think fighting RAAM with a pistol on Insane would be easier than this

Jobbs

Banned
Why does it take so incredibly long at the "loading map" stage? Playing social team death match on XB1.

The menus in general take forever on XB1. It's really annoying. I hope they are able to improve it with patches.

Game is awesome though. Inspires fond memories of Gears 1.

Played quite a bit of MP today, loved it so far. Didn't play any Campaign as I was too tired to start it. Got some highlight reels with the Longshot and EMBAR, the good old Gears 1 sniping days are starting to come back.

Chiggs

Gold Member
5 games for the price of one? This is one heck of a value. Really appreciate them throwing in the other titles, free of charge.

GravyButt

Sadly had a water pipe issue in my house I discovered not long after booting up the game for the first time

So dont call me nuts or dumb or anything but how does online work. I saw Casual quick, core, and hoard? Or am I missing stuff?

What ones are ranked, im assuming core? And in casual quick can u choose what mode like team deathmatch koth ect or no?

Sorry if im totally wrong on all aspects on this post but literally played one "core team death match " that took 5 minutes to get into, was 2vs3 and then the 3 guys quit a few minutes in. Then I heard a disturbing pop in my basement and my already weak mp impression ended abruptly.

Hopefully tomorrow is better on both accounts.

Abdozer

Anyone on PC having issues with adjusting the audio? My friend says he has the audio set to 1 on each setting and it's still ridiculously loud.

Xamdou

A bit of lag in the main menu and during game too, like it lags for a couple of seconds then resumes normally. Happens all the bloody time it's so annoying.

TheRed

Just had a fantastic match in execution that went to the last round and 1v1 to end it. Man when teams are matched evenly and there's no quitters the multi-player in this is godlike.

They just need to solve those issues and this is easily a game I will be playing for a long time.

I can't wait to see what this game is like multi-player wise in a year when there is 24 more maps.

So what's the respawn time for the power weapons?

There's no set respawn time. If the enemy picks up the boomshot, another one won't spawn until they waste their ammo or the weapon is taken off the map with them dying while they had out their alternate weapon.

It won't spawn every 90 seconds like previous games. It was a rough estimate but once the weapon is not in play, I think it respawns in 30 seconds. Don't quote me on the time though

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Sadly had a water pipe issue in my house I discovered not long after booting up the game for the first time

So dont call me nuts or dumb or anything but how does online work. I saw Casual quick, core, and hoard? Or am I missing stuff?

What ones are ranked, im assuming core? And in casual quick can u choose what mode like team deathmatch koth ect or no?

Sorry if im totally wrong on all aspects on this post but literally played one "core team death match " that took 5 minutes to get into, was 2vs3 and then the 3 guys quit a few minutes in. Then I heard a disturbing pop in my basement and my already weak mp impression ended abruptly.

Hopefully tomorrow is better on both accounts.

social is random maps and modes voted for at the end of each game. The game will roll into the next one with the same people and people can drop in and out and bots will fill the space.

core is ranked and you choose the mode. if someone quits that's it. you go back to the menu after each game because it sucks.

DirtyLarry

Was super excited to play when I got home tonight.
Nope, for some reason the 400 something MB (PC) and 200 something MB (XB1) updates are taking forever to download.
So my wife decided instead of going upstairs to get ready for bed she wants to watch something.
Tomorrow I suppose. Fuck.

So I just ran into a glitch in campaign. In Act 4 chapter 4 you have to split up and flip these generator switches. Well I took the high route and had the AI go low to flip the switches. They flipped the 1st one but aren't flipping the second. My tac-com just says to flip the last generator switch so I don't think I'm missing anything.

It's not a big deal as I'll just reload to the last checkpoint but maybe you fellow gaffers should play it safe and take the low route so you don't run into this glitch.

Edit: K I tried it again doing the same thing and Kait flipped the switch this time. Just a weird little bug I guess.

Campaign is really good. Act I was kinda terrible with the deebees but Act 2 was a step up and made them tolerable. Could have just been from having Marcus around though. Act 3 is some good ass shit, love the atmosphere, playing it late at night in a cold room added a lot lol.

MP is mixed. I feel like it plays well, but the playlist decisions and some of the settings are annoying.

Social being it's own island, why?

Core modes all being divided strictly by gametype, why? Everything but TDM will probably be dead by next year.

Competitive being two modes and taking freaking forever. Quitters/disconnects are crazy right now, and this just ramps it up even more when a escalation match will take 20+ minutes to finish if the other team puts up any kind of fight.

And the loot box/micro transaction set up here SUCKS. The amount you have to grind to afford one customization pack is obscene in MP.

Top Bottom