• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

nowarning

Weird, but I was playing Horde the other day, 2 people bailed on separate rounds and were replaced by 2 different people throughout the game, can you join in progress if you join a friend's game or something?

HiiiLife

I'm crying over this this anger......god its hilarious!!!

dVFJGso.gif

It's been a good minute since I've raged but this game is pushing it lol. Forgot what it's like to throw a fit over multiplayer.

vort3x

Playing coop campaign today and there is this weird wifi like sign:

Any ideas?

Nice catch. I just went over my recorded game play an didn't see this symbol. Are you on pc? I was on xbox and it didn't show up both times i played.

ViciousDS

Banned
just use wired connection, much more reliable

Interesting thing.....not the OP of that pic but

I get roughly 13ms ping in rocket league wireless....I noticed yesterday my tests were fucking insanely high, even my buddy wired yesterday who normally has a low ping had much higher tests as well. Either Live was having issues or we were having two different ISP's having problems. It's been flawless online playing wireless till literally yesterday lol.

Got it working now but there's a few things I can't seem to work out. Mostly graphics stuff. So I'm on PC and I've got it running at the mix of high/ultra that it suggests for my 970 and it runs great but some things look off.

Firstly the particle FX for the hammer and blood looked odd. Couldn't work out if it's a bug or just generally how it looks but the next thing definitely has to be a bug.

So I'm noticing there's no player shadows and very few objects in the environment are actually casting shadows either. Is anyone else getting this on PC?

Interesting thing.....not the OP of that pic but

I get roughly 13ms ping in rocket league wireless....I noticed yesterday my tests were fucking insanely high, even my buddy wired yesterday who normally has a low ping had much higher tests as well. Either Live was having issues or we were having two different ISP's having problems. It's been flawless online playing wireless till literally yesterday lol.

I am wired, I have played for 2 hours MP yesterday, and have noticed no lag at all

ACE 1991

I wonder if Coalition will eventually add a versus playlist for PC and XB1... My fear that competitive multiplayer will be more or less dead by Christmas is making me leery of purchasing.

vort3x

I wonder if Coalition will eventually add a versus playlist for PC and XB1... My fear that competitive multiplayer will be more or less dead by Christmas is making me leery of purchasing.

Versus playlist as in crossplay?

That would be highly unlikely with the keyboard/mouse combo issue. I wouldn't worry about it because of how many free copies were given away for the pc. There's a good chance it'll be relevant for a while.

nOoblet16

What does the little bar to the right of the ammo counter mean? Sometimes its white sometimes its blank

Active reload.
When it's white it means you can get an active reload boost (for some weapons this is increase in damage, for some it's increase in fire rate etc) if you do a perfect active reload (makes a different sound and causes the bullet counter underneath the gun icon to flash). Once you use it there is a cooldown timer before you can use it again.

Xyber

That would be highly unlikely with the keyboard/mouse combo issue. I wouldn't worry about it because of how many free copies were given away for the pc. There's a good chance it'll be relevant for a while.

I can't even find competitive games now at launch, the chance of the improving over time is not very big.. Finding ranked games overall takes 5-10 minutes if I want to play guardian, somewhat faster on TDM.

Just saw on Reddit that Coalition is aware of the hitching and they are looking into it. It was definitely introduced with the last update.

I'm glad that they are looking into it. Doubt the patch introduced this. Playing on Xbox One and several times I've asked about this very same issue on this thread and no answers. Since Thursday I've had noticeable audio skipping and hitching, especially during cutscenes.

why the fuck are nades so useless in campaign. walltagging doesn't do anything (although in multiplayer they have the range of a nuke) and the just run through the explosion/fire basically untouched.

they're basically just early warning devices in those mini-horde sections and somehow if you're lucky enough, you can nade tag the enemy but on insane...yea good luck

but wallbouncing isnt possible on kb/m so its fair!

also no the game is pretty much dead on PC, the only gametype that you can find a match in is TDM

Xater

I'm glad that they are looking into it. Doubt the patch introduced this. Playing on Xbox One and several times I've asked about this very same issue on this thread and no answers. Since Thursday I've had noticeable audio skipping and hitching, especially during cutscenes.

I am talking about the hitching in Versus and so are they. I have not experienced whatever you are talking about.

TheRed

why the fuck are nades so useless in campaign. walltagging doesn't do anything (although in multiplayer they have the range of a nuke) and the just run through the explosion/fire basically untouched.

they're basically just early warning devices in those mini-horde sections and somehow if you're lucky enough, you can nade tag the enemy but on insane...yea good luck

also no the game is pretty much dead on PC, the only gametype that you can find a match in is TDM
I played like 7 execution matches on PC last night. Most of the time it takes 5-7 minutes to find one but a couple times it was under 2 minutes.
I hope enough people get the game because of how good it is on PC.

balohna

If you're playing above Normal, enemies are also a fair bit stronger than MP players. On hardcore, drones take at least a couple full gnasher shots to kill.

Ricker

Only at the end of Act 1 still but now that I got use to the Gears way to play again,I think its great...I love the short cut scenes so far,some funny little one liners(Good meeting lol) and that first minister is creepy ;)...leaving it on normal for now,still fun even if its a little on the easy side...I almost ran out of ammo once,thank god I had the right set of weapons.

ACE 1991

I guess we'll see! I don't know why they can't make it an option, though.

vort3x

I can't even find competitive games now at launch, the chance of the improving over time is not very big.. Finding ranked games overall takes 5-10 minutes if I want to play guardian, somewhat faster on TDM.

Wow didn't know it was that long. To be fair the xbox one version of Guardians/Arms Race take just as long. I always go for TDM or Dodgeball now. All other modes take way too long to find people on xbox one. If I feel like playing other game modes I go play Social playlist. Got all different kinds of modes in that one.

ViciousDS

Banned
I am wired, I have played for 2 hours MP yesterday, and have noticed no lag at all

We tried playing co-op and had a bunch of issues.......then again....I got a huge update for my xbox being on the preview already....for all I know it borked a bunch of stuff. I really need to stop being a guinea pig LOL

vort3x

We tried playing co-op and had a bunch of issues.......then again....I got a huge update for my xbox being on the preview already....for all I know it borked a bunch of stuff. I really need to stop being a guinea pig LOL

Omg one of my friends is on the preview program and he constantly has chat issues playing with us. We keep telling him to get out of the damn program.

ACE 1991

Oh wow, thanks for the heads up. Looks like I'll be skipping this until I can get it cheap for the campaign.

b0bbyJ03

I tried playing co op with a friend last night on PC but he couldnt connect. I tried connecting to him and he had the same issue. Anyone else have this issue and do you know how to fix it?

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination

There doesn't seem to be much advantage if any at all for m/k users on PC currently.

Good players will be good players.

Sanjuro

This game already has me ordering a new controller. Started drifting on me the other day to the point of wanting to fully destroy it.

Jobbs

Banned
I just died because the game stuttered for 2 seconds during a gnasher fight (XB1). This is getting old. I almost raged like my man in the gif above. :D

The menus are also fucking ridiculous. The amount of freezing that happens during the menu screens is shocking and shouldn't have been considered fit for retail.

Xyber

There doesn't seem to be much advantage if any at all for m/k users on PC currently.

Good players will be good players.

A gamepad user would never have been able to pull this off with the slower turn speed. :p

https://my.mixtape.moe/ludwyn.webm

Sniping is definitely better with a mouse, but in gnasher fights, a good gamepad player can easily outplay a m/k player if they are really good at wall bouncing because precision aiming is less important there. It's definitely harder to pull that off on a keyboard IMO.

I agree that there should at least be the option to opt-in for playing in a mixed playlist, the PC version reeeeally need it if the game wants to stay relevant for more than a month.

HiiiLife

Does core factor in invidual skill? There's only so much you can do for the 4 other who go negative and bring your rating down.

Can you earn credits for private matches against bots? I am trying to get my wife into playing the mp for this but people online are way to fucking good. I thought maybe starting off with bots would be a good way to ease her in to it.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Can you earn credits for private matches against bots? I am trying to get my wife into playing the mp for this but people online are way to fucking good. I thought maybe starting off with bots would be a good way to ease her in to it.

Private dont think gives you anything. Do Versus COOP playlist. VS bots & teamed with other players that gives rewards.

JimiNutz

Banned
Loving having Gears MP back in my life but really really disappointed with the lag.

It's not horrendous but it's bad.
Not my Internet either. I play a lot of online games on both Xbox One and PS4 and Gears is the worst I've played in a long while.
When it's smooth it's soooooo good though so I'll keep on playing.

Hopefully the servers improve soon.

Top Bottom