• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Finding games have gotten somewhat faster but what is up with the lag at the beginning of ever round? One problem somewhat fixed and another one comes up.

Also aside from should giving you more credits for how well you did they should also give credits based off ribbons. So if you get a lot of ribbons you should get a decent amount of credits.

Not saying getting packs are impossible but they do take a couple of days to get an elite while one decent day (and 5 levels) should give you 1 operations pack and some change. Should be 2 or 3 operations pack or damn close to an elite in a day.

JimiNutz

Banned
It spits out dummy rounds every so often, doesn't deplete your ammo counter, and does no damage. It's great! :|

For the most part this is the best the Gnasher has ever been but it definitely just doesn't shoot now and then (usually right in the middle of an intense duel).

I don't understand why it's so difficult for them to get it right! Fix that dummy round issue and it'd be perfect...

For those getting frustrated with the Gnasher, whether due to inconsistencies/bugs or just not being well-versed with it, try the Enforcer. That weapon is a damn B E A S T!

I usually roll with the Hammerburst (so good) and Gnasher/Enforcer.

Can I ask what feels off about it to you? Seems more or less identical to the Gears 3 gnasher.

Sometimes it fires a blank. "Sometimes" being roughly one in ten shots, which is completely unacceptable. I can't believe that bug made it past the beta.

A while ago, I saw a criticism of Dark Souls PVP hit detection, saying "if 95% of your hits connected, and just 5% didn't, even that wouldn't be okay". At first I shrugged and thought, "okay", but Gears 4 taught me otherwise.

Then there's the matter of the damage profile for the gnasher in Core, which I really don't understand.

JimiNutz

Banned
For those getting frustrated with the Gnasher, whether due to inconsistencies/bugs or just not being well-versed with it, try the Enforcer. That weapon is a damn B E A S T!

I usually roll with the Hammerburst (so good) and Gnasher/Enforcer.

Damn. Can you pick the Enforcer as a starting weapon??
I had no idea!

Theorry

It spits out dummy rounds every so often, doesn't deplete your ammo counter, and does no damage. It's great! :|

Its not really a Gnasher issue but more a server update issue. Other weapons have it also. But yeah if one bullet of the enforcer doesnt go out you dont notice it. But the Gnasher on the other hand you offcourse gonna notice it. :)

idwl

To those who got the digital version, when did you receive your codes for the 360 games? I ordered the ultimate edition on the 4th and still nothing

I've played Gears of War 4's campaign on Insane for 10 and a half hours. And I'm only on Act 3, Chapter 6. My progress is slowed down heavily by some very memorable (traumatic?) parts, but I am having fun. I'll get to the ending eventually at this pace. :p

Matt

Well, finished the campaign.

I pretty much my opinion mirrors Jeff Gerstmann's. Starts strong, but then drags. The story is also kinda non existent past some interesting build up. Last chapter is neat, but not really good enough to change my opinion.

I'm sort of bummed actually. I've never been the biggest Gears fan, but I liked them well enough. This one sort of felt empty.

Right now I'm playing online almost in a support role. Hang back and give cover to the better players and try not to die. I'm getting better at the game slowly but surely cause there's no way I can just rush in all guns blazing as I get taken out instantly.

It's the most fun I've had with Gears MP ever and I think over time ill move from rank terrible to rank so so :)

J-Roderton

Getting my shit wrecked in multiplayer. Feels so different from Ultimate Edition. I'm not so up on how they change the graphics and things like that but the best way to put it is that it's so damn smooth. Taking a while to get used to I guess.

Campaign seems cool so far. Let my gf take over on the second mission and she was getting through no problem. She doesn't have any experience playing Gears and didn't even know how to control the character and was fine. I'm going to have to bump up a few notch or two on the difficulty I guess.

Xyber

oKHGJfJ.png

..why? :(

How do I even get kicked in the first place?

Also, just had a fun little fight where I thought I did get a HS on the guardian and was surprised when he came back up to me.
https://my.mixtape.moe/dplsjx.webm

Me jumping against the wall a few times and not taking cover was because I recently changed my cover button and am still getting used to it. So I forget to press the new button in the middle of fights. :p

Theorry

Also, just had a fun little fight where I thought I did get a HS on the guardian and was surprised when he came back up to me.

Me jumping against the wall a few times and not taking cover was because I recently changed my cover button and am still getting used to it. So I forget to press the new button in the middle of fights. :p

Nice. :)

Is anyone else's download from the windows store ridiculously slow? I could have downloaded this game 3 times over on steam by now and its not even half way finished after 10 hours.

splattered

Man it feels like there is a huge spike in difficulty in horde from casual to normal... Like the swarm become laser focused killing machines. On casual if I go down I can limp to safety usually til I get picked up... On normal a swarm dude will run all away across the map just to end me ASAP. If any of them ever run up behind me while I'm shooting something else they 99% of the time chainsaw me in the back immediately. I've had them run at me Benny Hill speed shoot me in the face with the shotty kill me in one blast and keep flying across the map to its next victim at a speed that doesn't feel right. I dunno... The AI in normal feels more like hard-core or insane to me haha

i just got to the night terrors chapter and this is what i was expecting the game to be about. pls tell me everything before was a glorified intro

Tecnniqe

Banned
Its not really a Gnasher issue but more a server update issue. Other weapons have it also. But yeah if one bullet of the enforcer doesnt go out you dont notice it. But the Gnasher on the other hand you offcourse gonna notice it. :)
That tick rate tho

😏

bede-x

To those who got the digital version, when did you receive your codes for the 360 games? I ordered the ultimate edition on the 4th and still nothing

It can take up to a month:

The Xbox 360 Gears of War collection includes Xbox 360 titles Gears of War, Gears of War 2, Gears of War 3 and Gears of War: Judgment. Each title works as part of the Xbox One Backward Compatibility program. 32GB of hard drive space required. To qualify, purchase and redeem Gears of War 4 on Xbox Live by December 31 2016. Tokens for download will be sent in waves through Xbox Live in-dash message system within one month of redemption.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/gears-of-war-4-pre-order/9nblggh4rq6d

MCD

oKHGJfJ.png

Coop campaign kicks me out after every hour or so.

Their servers are a piece of shit. Are they even using the same Azure used with Titanfall? Titanfall netcode is league ahead of this turd.

I can't find a single game on PC for core or competitive =/

I don't really wanna play for XBL

Yep i couldn't find any comp/core games at all. I think that versus except for the social playlist on PC will be dead. If you really are into the ranked and competitive side of things you will have to go over to XB1.

Maybe they should condense the core playlist to one or two game modes on PC so we can at least get some games going.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone had issues with not getting the Brothers to the End dlc? I have it installed but its not showing up in the customization menu.

Top Bottom