• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

enewtabie

PC version at 33gb. Xbox one finished after 6 hours of downloading. Played versus for five matches. Not one kill. I had teleporting players and all kinds of issues. Horde was spot on though, and was fantastic. Had to drop out at 20 with some randoms to go to bed.

I don't think GoldGlove is too fussed about having to buy a new controller, considering how much money he's made off his Counter Strike gambling videos.

cheezcake

Core TDM, KOTH, Dodgeball are fine here. EU.
Comp not really.

I have xbox live ports open btw on the router. Maybe that helps.

I don't think it's a net issue because social quickplay only takes a couple of seconds, it's probably just being in Australia =/

RE4PRR

Nice to have the update screw me.

Now I'm getting 20mb downloaded before it cuts out and nothing unless I pause, restart and another 20mb.

Absolutely ridiculous, stupid Windows App store, they've blatantly ignored their last crappy outing with Windows for Games.

T8nd7RH.gif

Talk about a bullet sponge...
Looks like a connection issue

Xyber

Maybe you can try to change datacenters?

It's just the same for me and my friend in EU, searching for Core (I have yet to find a comp game, searching goes for 15+ minutes) takes forever and most of the time we can't find anything. And when you do, it sits there for like 3 minutes before it starts or longer if it fails out.

And changing datacenter wouldn't be the smartest thing unless you want a much higher ping. I think that my current 40ms is already high enough from Sweden to the EU server.

Theorry

It's just the same for me and my friend in EU, searching for Core (I have yet to find a comp game, searching goes for 15+ minutes) takes forever and most of the time we can't find anything. And when you do, it sits there for like 3 minutes before it starts or longer if it fails out.

And changing datacenter wouldn't be the smartest thing unless you want a much higher ping. I think that my current 40ms is already high enough from Sweden to the EU server.

But atleast he maybe can find someone. ;)
And 40 is fine tho.

E92 M3

It's gears. The weapons seem to be more balanced than the previous games. People seem to be using a variety of weapons from the start now. Every battle doesn't turn into a gnasher two piece battle. The hammerburst and enforcer (smg) seem to be getting popular based on some games. The matches still revolve around that opening run for power weapons and flanking, using cover. They have just about all the game modes except for like wingman. Ranked matches have had many issues (improper balancing onyx vs bronze, 4 v 5 at the start, you have to back out and research after each match). Social seems fine and the matches continue to roll onto the next ones.

As per the normal - randoms suck, people don't know what the objective of each game type is, etc, etc.

HB over the Lancer, but it depends on your playstyle. They both work well in different situations and who doesn't love sneaking up and chainsawing an enemy in half

Thanks, dude.

I can't even fucking install the game. I get the store error 0x80073CF9. I looked up for solutions and tried everything (resetting and reinstalling Windows store) but it still fails to install immediately. The only thing I haven't tried, which a website suggested, is reinstalling Windows 10. There is a registry key edit in the GoW forums that the developers posted; I will try that method and see if I can install the game.

I am not sure if this is related to the recent update issue. I hope it is because I can't download shit right now. And no I never had issues with the Windows store before, as I downloaded and played Forza Apex properly.

JimiNutz

Banned
Anyone had issues with not getting the Brothers to the End dlc? I have it installed but its not showing up in the customization menu.

I haven't even got my code.
Amazon told me to contact MS and MS told me wait as it's apparently being sent out in waves?

Jobbs

Banned
Game is awesome but lord it freezes and hitches with semi frequency on XB1. It didn't get me killed in this example but it has before.

GrossFaintIsabellinewheatear.gif

Anyone else experiencing this?

Xater

Game is awesome but lord it freezes and hitches semi frequency on XB1. It didn't get me killed in this example but it has before.

Had that happen to me at the beginning of rounds yesterday. Before everyone got in I never had that happen. I think the servers are still being hit too hard.

JimiNutz

Banned
Game is awesome but lord it freezes and hitches with semi frequency on XB1. It didn't get me killed in this example but it has before.

I had it today and it did get me killed.
Was in the middle of a Gnasher duel. Hit the guy first, went to adjust my aim for the second shot and it froze for a split second, then he one shot me...This is Gears lol

Loomba

Game is awesome but lord it freezes and hitches semi frequency on XB1. It didn't get me killed in this example but it has before.

Yes.

I play both PC and Xbox and this only ever happens on the Xbox version.

sguvpvf.gif

Nice to have the update screw me.

Now I'm getting 20mb downloaded before it cuts out and nothing unless I pause, restart and another 20mb.

Absolutely ridiculous, stupid Windows App store, they've blatantly ignored their last crappy outing with Windows for Games.

What worked for me after hours of fucking with it yesterday was to simply cancel the download, then start again and DO NOT pause and resume. It'll sit for a while with the download not going, but if you watch the progress bar it is actually going. The dumb way the updates work is they get installed to a folder, and everything gets moved to that new folder every patch. So, while it looks like it's not going, that's actually when it's moving files over.

When I tried the pause/resume, it was fucking it up. Just let it sit. It'll take like an hour.

Xater

Just saw on Reddit that Coalition is aware of the hitching and they are looking into it. It was definitely introduced with the last update.

I just played about 10 matches and at the start of every respawn, it would do that. Annoying.

Moaradin

Haven't really payed attention to this game at all during the marketing phase but a friend gave it to me so I'm playing it. Just played my first MP match and holy shit this is reminding me of gears 1 MP a lot. Very fast paced and the Gnasher is a beast. Just how I like it.

Only problem is I'm playing on PC and I really can't play this game on anything but a controller. Too used to it that way at this point. Wish there was a way for PC players to play with console players if you're using a controller.

Haven't really payed attention to this game at all during the marketing phase but a friend gave it to me so I'm playing it. Just played my first MP match and holy shit this is reminding me of gears 1 MP a lot. Very fast paced and the Gnasher is a beast. Just how I like it.

Only problem is I'm playing on PC and I really can't play this game on anything but a controller. Too used to it that way at this point. Wish there was a way for PC players to play with console players if you're using a controller.

Not to mention it'd save the PC online community. I'd kill for this option in so many multiplayer games.

nowarning

Had a few good games last night, not really bothered with versus a lot as I was finishing up campaign and playing horde. Slowly getting back into the swing of things. Relic seems to be pretty popular, had a weird 10 seconds though where my FPS dropped from 120 to 15, not sure if its because of lag or what, never happened before. Had a really good game on KOTH but geforce experience decided not to save it!

3rY5YE7UUc3cI.gif

Xater

Don't have the game yet, but is there no Join-in-Progress?

That'd be kinda fucked considering someone can just leave whenever they want.

Only if you invite someone or they join your from their friend list. Matchmaking only puts you into new horde matches.

Top Bottom