• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War collection being tested now

What are the chances a Gears collection and a Halo MC Collection will be released on PS5? 🤔

This sounds absurd, but recently? Not so much… I’d say at least a 25% chance.

Halo on PS5 might create the needed buzz to revive that franchise after everything that has happened to it.

Gears on PS5 can also help promote the new exclusive game on Xbox, similar to what Sony does on PC (here’s God of War on PC, but if you want Ragnarok day one, you need a PS5)

Yep

At 1:09:56 they talk about the issues that the ultimate edition has with performance (that it didn’t have at launch?)

Yep, that's what I gathered from forum post on the interwebs. Apparently, the cause was a Windows 10 update at the time that somehow broke the game performance wise and Microsoft & Coalition never bother fixing it. The best you can do is lock it at 30fps but even then it never feels smooth.

I bought Gears 5 Ultimate Edition during the Steam sale for $15. I just had to scratch that itch after seeing the E-Day trailer.

The campaign was absolutely dreadful, but I am having a blast with Horde mode. At the very least - from a casual player's perspective - the gameplay of the series still remains intact.

diffusionx

Gold Member
What are the chances a Gears collection and a Halo MC Collection will be released on PS5? 🤔

This sounds absurd, but recently? Not so much… I’d say at least a 25% chance.

Halo on PS5 might create the needed buzz to revive that franchise after everything that has happened to it.

Gears on PS5 can also help promote the new exclusive game on Xbox, similar to what Sony does on PC (here’s God of War on PC, but if you want Ragnarok day one, you need a PS5)
Gears, 100%.

Halo, I don't really think so because 343 seems to want to move on from the MCC on every platform.

YuLY

No but seriously is this real or not ? that MAGG guy that is in Colt streams said months ago it was already in testing so why would it take so long, I imagine they are all just remastered no remakes. The thing is they arent even announced, I'm not even talking about a release date.

Skelterz

Typing GIF by ehcat

You know I’m right.

Top Bottom