• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Judgement |OT| Brothers from the beginning, Bros till the end

Still utterly flabbergasted that only one MP mode allows us to play as the Locust; and it's probably the one mode that I'll barely touch.

Poor judgment, PCF.

shinnn

Wait, a second campaign? First I've heard of 'Aftermath'. Is that included with the full game, not DLC?
Not your fault with an so uninformative OT.

Yes its included with the full game and will be unlocked doing the desclassified missions in the main campaign.

But its not a second campaign. Just a extra chapter (longer than the other ones).

If I remember correctly, you unlock Aftermath when you get 3 stars on all campaign chapters.

Not your fault with an so uninformative OT.

Yes its included with the full game and will be unlocked doing the desclassified missions in the main campaign.

But its not a second campaign. Just a extra chapter (longer than the other ones).

Nice, thanks guys. That's good incentive to do those declassified objectives. I was going to anyway, for the added challenge.

And if anyone has a link to that youtube walkthrough everyone's talking about, could you please PM me?

This game seems really pointless. Was it even established in the first game that baird and cole had a history together? Seemed like in the first game they just randomly met up for the first time when your squad finds him.
Baird and Cole were in Alpha Squad together and Cole is chummier than usual with Baird so it's strongly hinted at without revealing too many details. You know, since all the Gears games shy away from revealing too many details about anything really.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
wow that took longer than I thought it would. I didn't know you had to click on every single thing.

By the way, if you didn't already know, text GAME to 87963 to get a free Jungle Tai multiplayer skin

This is apparently random because I lost. Those bastards.

wow that took longer than I thought it would. I didn't know you had to click on every single thing.

By the way, if you didn't already know, text GAME to 87963 to get a free Jungle Tai multiplayer skin

i don't think that will work for anyone outside the US. can someone text and get me code?

Kydd BlaZe

So, I can't believe it only clicked now, but there is a silver lining to the sad omission of DBNO... Less kill stealing!
Probably one of the main reasons PCF decided to get rid of it. Great observation. I mean, the omission of DBNO hasn't affected me anyway, but now that you mention this I can only see this as a good thing.

I always found all of that smoke raping business to be more annoying than anything else, anyway. Glad it's gone.

Probably one of the main reasons PCF decided to get rid of it. Great observation. I mean, the omission of DBNO hasn't affected me anyway, but now that you mention this I can only see this as a good thing.

I always found all of that smoke raping business to be more annoying than anything else, anyway. Glad it's gone.

Yep, there are definitely points for and against the DBNO omission. Personally, my biggest gripe with it is the lack of executions; I mean, who the hell didn't enjoy a nice execution, not for the douchey teabaggery of it, but purely for some gameplay/visual flair?

Camaraderie has also taken a big hit, obviously, but that's not much of a deal-breaker for me; it'll just take shape in different ways.

Additionally, there's the overall hit to the nature/spirit/roots/etc of the game - the "dumbing down", so to speak - and whilst purists will mostly be the most vocal regarding this, I can definitely empathize.

However, kill-stealing is annoying, regardless of whether the game is objective/point-based or not, so I'm happy to see it be done with for the most part.

Lunchbox

Banned
i wouldnt mind by bros taking a kill as long as he let me get two dry pumps in while he was holding the person down with long executions while everyone else was kicking, spinning in circles, tossing their smokes at the guy we were humping

wait what were we talking about again?

Robot Pants

Yep, there are definitely points for and against the DBNO omission. Personally, my biggest gripe with it is the lack of executions; I mean, who the hell didn't enjoy a nice execution, not for the douchey teabaggery of it, but purely for some gameplay/visual flair?

Curbstomp 2.0 is all you need :) My favorite by far.
There are some other cool ones like the torque bow, but also some very long awful ones :/

S1kkZ

isnt there a demo coming next week? 3 days before launch for pre-order guys and on launch day for everyone else.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Holy shit I didn't even know he answered my question. I bailed the fuck out after I posted that shit.

JUDGMENT IS SOON. The two people I've been playing Gears with since 2006 and I will be getting this game on day one. We are hyped, and haven't been this hyped since waiting for Gears 2 (which was an abomination, yuck). I am welcoming all of the changes, the only thing I need changed is the starting Gnasher ammo. Needs to be 16, not 8.

Otherwise, I cannot wait.

SystemBug

I am not as excited for this one compared to Gears of War 3 but I feel I will like this a whole lot more. Seems much more action packed and more open-ended.

Stillmatic

OP is hilarious, nice work!

I really need to catch up on Gears, I haven't touched it since finishing the original on Insane way back. I'm working my way through 2 at the moment, I'll get there.

I purchased a 360 to play the first Gears game and attended midnight launches for the second and third games. I also went to a Gears event and met Mike Capps. I was a huge fan of the series but disappointed in many ways by the second and third game. This one doesn't really look interesting at all. Definitely not getting at launch and not even sure I'm ever going to pick it up even after deep discounts.

Unlike most here in the thread, I actually like the sound of most of the multiplayer changes but launching with only 4 maps is just sad.

I purchased a 360 to play the first Gears game and attended midnight launches for the second and third games. I also went to a Gears event and met Mike Capps. I was a huge fan of the series but disappointed in many ways by the second and third game. This one doesn't really look interesting at all. Definitely not getting at launch and not even sure I'm ever going to pick it up even after deep discounts.

Unlike most here in the thread, I actually like the sound of most of the multiplayer changes but launching with only 4 maps is just sad.

The only reason the number of maps looks less is due to overrun being so different and needing its own maps. The other Gears games have come with 10 maps on disk, and this will have 8 plus the 2 free from maxim which equals 10. It sucks that overrun maps dont work with mp, but I am glad they still are giving us what seems like a great new mode, even if it means fewer traditional maps.

Madness

This is pretty shitty advertising/marketing for Gears Judgment. So many of my friends who spent months playing the first game with me, didn't even know it was coming out.

But for the first Gears, even non-gamers knew about the game with that amazing MadWorld video.

TRios Zen

Thanks for this - gotten.

By the way, for people in the US, text GAME to 87963 to get a free Jungle Tai multiplayer skin

AND...thanks for this also. Text said I didn't "win", but I received an e-mail with a redeemable code.

Free stuff is cool.

dokish

Banned
I tried to get into Gears 2 and 3 multiplayer, but the shitty matchmaking and shotguns everywhere was a really bummer.

Any news if this time they will fix it up? (Yeah, you have classes, but nothing stop everybody from choosing shotgun classes. The MP always felt broken to me somehow)

I tried to get into Gears 2 and 3 multiplayer, but the shitty matchmaking and shotguns everywhere was a really bummer.

Any news if this time they will fix it up? (Yeah, you have classes, but nothing stop everybody from choosing shotgun classes. The MP always felt broken to me somehow)

lol the gnasher is not broken, you just couldn't adjust to it.

welcome to gears

Lunchbox

Banned

well if you hated the shotguns this one was made for you

everyone wants shotgun roll up battles, and they did everything possible to take that away. that's why the hate for this game

Top Bottom