• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Judgement |OT| Brothers from the beginning, Bros till the end

-PXG-

In the past, MS never did anything against those who obtained free content early. RE5 demo, NXE, numerous betas, ect. I'm pretty sure it's safe to play it.

It IS a demo and IS free content. It's marketing that is paying for itself.

Lunchbox

Banned
Is linking to the demo not allowed?

its a free demo for marketing purposes, not the the actual game so it doesnt matter.

unless youre a douche like AlienShogun from the gears 3 beta share thread from 2011 who goes to the epic forums to complain about neogaf only to find out epic forum users are doing the same thing and get made fun off for trying to be a dumb dry snitch

its a free demo for marketing purposes, not the the actual game so it doesnt matter.

unless youre a douche like AlienShogun from the gears 3 beta share thread from 2011 who goes to the epic forums to complain about neogaf only to find out epic forum users are doing the same thing and get made fun off for trying to be a dumb dry snitch

i remember that. so lame

seeing as i played a bit already I hope MS isn't that petty

Kerm 1

Funny. I was thinking the same thing. Time for a dissertation on integrity.

Daaaaaaaaamn son

out in the open and everything

Thanks, was worried I might be facing the ban hammer for posting the link.

once i have the rar file of the demo do i need to do anything else or can i just copy that file to a usb and run it from there? does the file need to be uncompressed first?

The link that Miles posted has instructions on what to do. I'm glad they didn't manage to account lock this demo :)

yes that link pretty much sums it up but what I had to do is let my xbox format a USB stick and then I threw a demo on there so it created the correct content folder. after that it worked

-PXG-

High moral standards

all the sound effects and menu's are all re-used assets, identical to GOW3's menu and sounds are still the same from previous titles.

yup it really does feel like they scraped SeasonPass2 from gears3 and are trying to squeeze another full game out of it. ribbons, medals, and menus all feel like gears3. another ODST

ODST was at least able to forge its own identity, we can only hope the same will be true here. I suspect it will, but it's still up in the air somewhat.

I decided to cave and buy it off of the Microsoft Store.

I'll get back to my xbox tomorrow night, I'm on spring break now. I should get access to the demo, no?

And a quick question, is there a Carmine in this game?

Lunchbox

Banned
some class combos in overrun are way overpowered

early game, 3 engineers and a soldier (to keep feeding the engineers gnasher ammo) and nothing can touch you because the locust have nothing powerful at the start
late game a bunch of maulers with their spinning dick shields and a kantus and NOTHING will stop you

i doubt ill play overrun much, but my fear of the markza is gone. its nothing amazing, theres a significant gap between shots to stop the abuse like the hammerburst from 3 and it has like halo reach DMR style bullshit bloom spread

i doubt ill play overrun much, but my fear of the markza is gone. its nothing amazing, theres a significant gap between shots to stop the abuse like the hammerburst from 3 and it has like halo reach DMR style bullshit bloom spread

Is that the one that has to be cocked after each shot, or no? Is it at least fun to use?

Dell is offering a $20 gift card with it. I have a bunch of Dell gift cards already so I am considering buying it but I dunno. I have all the previous games in the series, and Bulletstorm, though I never beat that game. Hopefully some reviews come out while the gift card option is still in effect...

Lunchbox

Banned
Is that the one that has to be cocked after each shot, or no? Is it at least fun to use?

thats the locust one, thats even worse cause it has 4 shots. its ok in long range shootouts i guess..........but that never happens in gears. feels like a halo gun shoved into gears, feels out of place

think the boltok, but as a riffle

EDIT- its the breachshot (the locust version of markza?) that has the significant delay and only 4 shots, but does more damage.......and is kinda shit. markza itself shoots a bit faster with more ammo but.....like i said feels like a boltok as a riffle)

thats the locust one, thats even worse cause it has 4 shots. its ok in long range shootouts i guess..........but that never happens in gears. feels like a halo gun shoved into gears, feels out of place

think the boltok, but as a riffle

EDIT- its the breachshot (the locust version of markza?) that has the significant delay and only 4 shots, but does more damage.......and is kinda shit. markza itself shoots a bit faster with more ammo but.....like i said feels like a boltok as a riffle)

yea it feels like a shitty DMR. I think we need way more time with it though.

Lunchbox

Banned
yea it feels like a shitty DMR. I think we need way more time with it though.

thing is i get no sense of anything with overrun. i was shooting with the markza at a kantus with a hammerburst in a riffle shootout and won with a headshot and felt pretty good (thats what im expecting the actual versus to be like, player v player shootouts)

then i got butt fucked by 3 tickers and a centipede. i try it again and its a bunch of grenadiers rushing with gnashers and frags while being healed by a kantus. its really hard to judge the guns when its classes going against each other instead of actual even foot encounters

What folder am I putting this demo in? When I extract it I just get the file, not the folders I need to put in the 'Content' folder. Anyone mind posting the directory they put their demo in? Thanks.

Top Bottom