• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Judgement |OT| Brothers from the beginning, Bros till the end

I tried to get into Gears 2 and 3 multiplayer, but the shitty matchmaking and shotguns everywhere was a really bummer.

Any news if this time they will fix it up? (Yeah, you have classes, but nothing stop everybody from choosing shotgun classes. The MP always felt broken to me somehow)

It sounds like they are definitely trying to fix all the shotgun garbage this time. Sticky grenades, a bunch of new weapons, being able to use shields with primary weapons, adding a vertical element ot the levels, all sound like moves made to open the game up to new play styles.

Interested in the FFA

Shit, tired of carrying people in traditional TDM as it is. I'll probably lose my mind playing with randoms in overrun.

Lunchbox

Banned
I still can't figure out if you get release date delivery with any shipping method or if you have to do the $17 overnight. I tried talking to support but the dude obviously had no clue what was going on.
there's a public multiplayer demo on release date, where your stats carry over to the real game

you get it the day after release from them with free shipping. so just play the demo for one day.....1600 free points is worth it

Dinosur

there's a public multiplayer demo on release date, where your stats carry over to the real game

you get it the day after release from them with free shipping. so just play the demo for one day.....1600 free points is worth it

Not with the way my attention span and "don't care how I want it now" attitude works, hehe.

*** All pre-orders received for this title by 5pm PST on March 15, 2013 will be delivered on the Release Date. Ships to Continental United States only. Must have overnight service available in your area. Not responsible for orders delayed due to inclement weather, incorrect address or credit card information. This applies to all existing pre-orders.

It really doesn't seem like you need to pay for overnight shipping, just that's how they will send it out. I'll call them after work.

Not with the way my attention span and "don't care how I want it now" attitude works, hehe.

It really doesn't seem like you need to pay for overnight shipping, just that's how they will send it out. I'll call them after work.

I ordered Forza Horizon, Halo 4, and Black Ops 2 from the MS store using free shipping and all of them came on release day (depending on where you live, it'll ship either UPS Next Day Air or UPS Ground).

This is my first time ordering from the Microsoft store, 1600 points is to hard to pass up. Other people have confirmed they have got there games on release day, they even recently updated the site and said if you pre order by the 15th they guarantee release day delivery.

Haha. So it begins. 2013's inaugural 'GNASHER IS LAMEEEEE' whinge-fest.

Come now, guys. 90% of everything that is magnificent about this series is derived from that weapon. Removing it would be like removing the damn portal gun from DARKSIDERS - I mean - PORTAL!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
edited.

yeah I don't know if it's the clicking on everything or the answering of the questions that give you the code, but I did both just to be safe.

Nevermind, I actually got the email with the code even though the text response said I lost. Guess it's for something else, lol.

Have you gotten to play more mp since you wrote that? I am curious how the lag is. 2 was unplayable for me for months after it came out, and 3 had some problems with that. I am really hoping they got all the kinks worked out for Judgement right from the start.

I'm afraid not, I should be getting my review copy before the end of the week though so will let you know.

ilMikhail

Did you get it by email? I didn't get one yet.

yep , there is more than 2000 players right now , Overrun looks like a really fun competitive mode , I loved it.

It's fast and exciting , much better than beast , all the locust feels better especially the Serapede and the Mauler ( both can destroy a complete team in the right hands ), there is only one map to play : Skyline

about the cogs ... well I think everybody will choose Cole , infinite ammo and great loadout , the rest are decent nothing special imo

I think is a little late for asking a preorder right? so I will be waiting for good soul with spare demo code.

yep , there is more than 2000 players right now , Overrun looks like a really fun competitive mode , I loved it.

It's fast and exciting , much better than beast , all the locust feels better especially the Serapede and the Mauler ( both can destroy a complete team in the right hands ), there is only one map to play : Skyline

about the cogs ... well I think everybody will choose Cole , infinite ammo and great loadout , the rest are decent nothing special imo

Interesting, but I will try to use the Medic Class.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Why does it feel like I'm the only hardcore gears fan who loved most of the weapons equally (until gears 2/3 where it became more of a mixed bag with all the new stuff).

Gears 1 was always a shotgun fest but I felt I could stop it with any weapon with enough skill and intelligence in how you position yourself. Literally any weapon could stop a shotgun rusher. It was when teams of shotties rushed you and your team mates weren't able to retaliate adequately that shotguns dominated.

Gears 2 nerfed the sniper to point where it's almost useless. Torque bow, rockets, digger, hammerburst, lancer, were all awesome .pistols deadly in right hands too.

I never felt shotguns were the most fun or most skilled aspect of the game and I went through a phase where I could shotgun roll with the best. Gears is great cos of the variety and how the maps change strategically depending on weapons.

I remember that staircase level with snipers battling it out at top and bottom, the foliage and scenery was so well thought out sightline-wise. Rushing either territory was fun and defending was tricky but neither felt impossible. But it was set up as a sniper battle with people rushing, sneaking and flanking while snipers were zoomed in. Replace snipers with torque and it changes completely.

When they made weapons rotate and started pushing out maps that didn't have that degree of thought I started to wonder if it was all a happy accident.

The button changes made in this game are odd. 'Y' to swap between guns instead of using the D-pad is strange.

that sounds like crap. i'm pretty used to the gears control scheme over years of playing the games now.

Just preordered the game it will be my last Day 1 title on the Xbox 360.

quite probably mine as well now that i think about it. odd to think about it, durango here i come!

am i correct the early mp beta is for gamestop preorders or whatever? ehh well, i'd rather not spoil the campaign even a little bit via early mp anyway most likely.

funo

The button changes made in this game are odd. 'Y' to swap between guns instead of using the D-pad is strange.

Believe me, those button changes make sense and you will get used to the new setup after a couple of games and you will find it superior to the old one!

JB1981

Believe me, those button changes make sense and you will get used to the new setup after a couple of games and you will find it superior to the old one!

Weapon switching on the Y button is a great idea. The 360 d-pad is a POS

Madness

Why does it feel like I'm the only hardcore gears fan who loved most of the weapons equally (until gears 2/3 where it became more of a mixed bag with all the new stuff).

Gears 1 was always a shotgun fest but I felt I could stop it with any weapon with enough skill and intelligence in how you position yourself. Literally any weapon could stop a shotgun rusher. It was when teams of shotties rushed you and your team mates weren't able to retaliate adequately that shotguns dominated.

Gears 2 nerfed the sniper to point where it's almost useless. Torque bow, rockets, digger, hammerburst, lancer, were all awesome .pistols deadly in right hands too.

I never felt shotguns were the most fun or most skilled aspect of the game and I went through a phase where I could shotgun roll with the best. Gears is great cos of the variety and how the maps change strategically depending on weapons.

I remember that staircase level with snipers battling it out at top and bottom, the foliage and scenery was so well thought out sightline-wise. Rushing either territory was fun and defending was tricky but neither felt impossible. But it was set up as a sniper battle with people rushing, sneaking and flanking while snipers were zoomed in. Replace snipers with torque and it changes completely.

When they made weapons rotate and started pushing out maps that didn't have that degree of thought I started to wonder if it was all a happy accident.

I agree, I played Gears 1 everyday from emergence day till the launch of Halo 3, and I still don't necessarily feel like it was as big a shotty fest as people remember. Sure people could rush with it, but the majority were behind cover. The gnasher is what allowed for some great comebacks.

I think the entire weapon set was great. I think Gears 3 devolved into a sawed-off fest or retro lancer hipfire.

funo

I can't even begin to remember the amount of times that stupid D-pad has given me the snub instead of the gnasher.

Well, now that you can only carry 2 weapons at the same time and grenade throwing is so much easier, it makes sense to put it on the [Y] button. Thinking about it, the old system now feels really clumsy when going back to Gears 3.

Well, now that you can only carry 2 weapons at the same time and grenade throwing is so much easier, it makes sense to put it on the [Y] button. Thinking about it, the old system now feels really clumsy when going back to Gears 3.

this was my thinking too. those two changes in addition to the no stopping power, no DBNO, sticky nades and the verticality will add an even grater sense of speed and unpredictability.

smik

This is the first Gears of War i truly dont really care about, and its sad.

I have a chance to get the full game early from a mom and pop store but i just dont have any desire whatsoever, i see through all the B.S Epic is trying to shove through fans heads and it aint working.

This goes the same with my friends list there's just no excitement or buzz at all, from anyone.

You are not alone here, GOW1 was truly amazing but honestly GOW3's Multiplayer is phenomenal,

GOWJ will play alot like Halo and "insert generic XP FPS here", have you seen the the sticky grenade throwing animations? its right out of the Halo's playbook

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad

Yup, probably...

Lothars

I agree, I played Gears 1 everyday from emergence day till the launch of Halo 3, and I still don't necessarily feel like it was as big a shotty fest as people remember. Sure people could rush with it, but the majority were behind cover. The gnasher is what allowed for some great comebacks.

I think the entire weapon set was great. I think Gears 3 devolved into a sawed-off fest or retro lancer hipfire.
Gears 1 was alot of shotgun rushing which led into gears 2 which was exclusively that. I feel Gears 3 was the most balanced in regards to weapons compared to either of the previous but I enjoy playing all three of them.

I can't seem to find any link that actually have the demo hosted

If someone could PM me a link, that would be much appreciated.

Top Bottom