• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Judgement |OT| Brothers from the beginning, Bros till the end

What folder am I putting this demo in? When I extract it I just get the file, not the folders I need to put in the 'Content' folder. Anyone mind posting the directory they put their demo in? Thanks.

when you've got your USB mounted in the program. right-click and hit Insert Folder. use the unzipped gowJ folder (4D538A7D)

when you've got your USB mounted in the program. right-click and hit Insert Folder. use the unzipped gowJ folder (4D538A7D)
Thanks. Mine just unzipped the file, so I had no idea what the folder name was supposed to be.
Edit: Still didn't work. I can drop the demo file in the folder of another demo and get it to recognize the file, but then when I transfer it to my 360 it won't recognize it.

thing is i get no sense of anything with overrun. i was shooting with the markza at a kantus with a hammerburst in a riffle shootout and won with a headshot and felt pretty good (thats what im expecting the actual versus to be like, player v player shootouts)

then i got butt fucked by 3 tickers and a centipede. i try it again and its a bunch of grenadiers rushing with gnashers and frags while being healed by a kantus. its really hard to judge the guns when its classes going against each other instead of actual even foot encounters

Fair enough. Cheers for the feedback. I do love me some semi-auto rifles, but yeah, I don't know how I feel about them in a Gears game.

How does it control in terms of movement/aiming/etc? Are the mechanics ripped identically from Gears 3? I would be okay with that.

And how is the Gnasherino?

Spanks, man.

OrangeOak

Fair enough. Cheers for the feedback. I do love me some semi-auto rifles, but yeah, I don't know how I feel about them in a Gears game.

How does it control in terms of movement/aiming/etc? Are the mechanics ripped identically from Gears 3? I would be okay with that.

Spanks, man.

Gnasher is much better than in Gears 3 IMO.There is no active reloade so one shot downs and ridiculous damage is gone(at least in around 20 matches that I played).
There is no magic tighter spread during hard aim so range is shorter which is imo better.(I checked again and spread is tighter,I don't know how I missed it.I dont know if it's same as Gears 3 though)
Plus bullets are always in the center of the screen like in Gears 1.
It's not as awesome as it was in Gears 1 but it is second best for me.
I thought that this game will be total disaster but now after some matches my hope is restored.
There are some good changes.

Spanks, man.

it felt a bit more ridged but that might be because the default sensitivity was set to 15/15/15. after setting it to my Gears3 numbers it felt better. it definitely doesn't mirror the controls and it reminded me more of gears1.

-PXG-

Finally got the demo to work. Thanks Lunchbox :)

So yeah......A LOOOOOOOOOOOOT of hardcore Gears nuts are gonna hate this game.

One, it's slower than Gears 3, but not as slow as Gears 2. Wallbouncing and cover aren't as smooth as Gears 3. Feels a bit sticky and janky. Maybe it was the connection. Who knows.

Honestly, I can't really judge the entire game or the entire MP based off only one gametype one map. Still, so far.....yeeaaauuuuugghhhh......

They certainly changed it alright....

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

One, it's slower than Gears 3, but not as slow as Gears 2. Wallbouncing and cover aren't as smooth as Gears 3. Feels a bit sticky and janky. Maybe it was the connection. Who knows.

How is it slower? Wasn't everyone saying how fast this one is supposed to be?

I get the feeling there's going to be a lot of coming and going between this game and Gears 3.

Livestream said they increased the movement speed by 10% from Gears 3.

-PXG-

Livestream said they increased the movement speed by 10% from Gears 3.

Bullshit.

It had to be the connection, or else is Epic is flat out lying. Maybe the movement speed is faster, but animation is slower. I don't know. It feels slower. But it's not Gears 2 slow, that's for sure. I imagine they slowed it down so that it would level the skill gap. Gears 3 was REALLY fast, especially after coming off Gears 2. New players got destroyed, especially by those who could wallbounce and knew how their corners.

Plus, I get an odd feeling that there is some kind of input lag or an artificial delay added in order to give characters more weight. It's not as responsive or butter smooth like Gears 3. I noticed this within SECONDS of playing my first match.

Lunchbox

Banned
when youre sprinting its definitely slower, maybe its the mode.....but its slower

everything else is faster, bouncing, character actions like picking up things, weapon switching is almost fastforward like.

-PXG-

Well yeah, the Wretch and the Ticker are fast. So is the Kantus. However, the regular, bipedal characters (ie. Grenadier or Baird, for instance) have slower running speeds. Switching weapons is faster. The fast grenades are actually nice change. Holding down LB will display the arced reticle and works just like the previous games.

But the stickiness of the cover, the sluggish response and the seemingly slower running speed has an effect on the overall pacing and feel of the game.

Also, no DBNO (sans Grenadiers) really sucks. It's odd to just see someone drop dead and not go down first.

How's the Gears 3 community going nowadays, anyway? I'm keen to get back into Gears and wouldn't mind some of the freshness that Judgment presumably should bring, but I'm not going to touch Overrun and the other new modes, so I'm a bit apprehensive.

-PXG-

Marksman in COGs( I don't remember his name) is like 40% faster than Baird.

Really?

I should play other classes then.

I don't like the idea of similar characters having varying speeds. Of course, bigger Locust have more health. Makes sense. But for each COG to have such different stats is odd.

If it's exclusive to Overrun and Survival, fine. Better not be in TDM or Execution.

How's the Gears 3 community going nowadays, anyway? I'm keen to get back into Gears and wouldn't mind some of the freshness that Judgment presumably should bring, but I'm not going to touch Overrun and the other new modes, so I'm a bit apprehensive.

Small, but dedicated. Same as it always was. Party chat, of course, has turned it into a silent wasteland. No one talks....

SOS is a rare sight. Gnasher, all day, erryday.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

For you it's probably shit being in Australia. There's typically a couple thousand playing TDM still (U.S)

OrangeOak

Do you guys remember this frame in Gears 1 when your character was standing still after roll for a second.That great moment to score a headshot with sniper rifle.It was gone in Gears 2 and 3. It's almost the same now,but I think the stance at that moment is a little lower.

Marksman in COGs( I don't remember his name) is like 40% faster than Baird.
No stopping power makes me smile.

this pretty much confirms that each character probably has different speeds in OverRun. Paduk<--Sopiha<--Cole<--Baird

starting out as a Grenadier on my first match was a shock. I was all ready to start running Gears3 style and I'm like WTF!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Where did the overrun download even start from? The gamestop preorder? I don't have an email yet and don't feel like messing around with downloading that shit.

Where did the overrun download even start from? The gamestop preorder? I don't have an email yet and don't feel like messing around with downloading that shit.

I would just wait. it's only one map and it's already starting to get repetitive without more. you might even get your code tomorrow, the livestream mentioned codes go out on the 14th

its a free demo for marketing purposes, not the the actual game so it doesnt matter.

unless youre a douche like AlienShogun from the gears 3 beta share thread from 2011 who goes to the epic forums to complain about neogaf only to find out epic forum users are doing the same thing and get made fun off for trying to be a dumb dry snitch
LoL i remember that, good times, nice memories..#2 MostHated in the Gears community was and still is AlienShogun.(behind cliffy)of course...you sillies

Played a few rounds. Really enjoyed the COG side but hated playing as Locust. I would much rather play Survival I think.

New controls felt fine. There's a slight delay when rolling into a roadie run though, was that in Gears 3?

CyReN

For those waiting for gamestop code

gowjudgementinfo.jpg

-PXG-

Demo just black screening for me.

After you inject the file onto your drive, be sure to select file, then close drive before unplugging it from your PC. It will appear that the app is frozen. Let it sit for a minute or two. When it wakes up, it will go back in its default state, just as it is when you first launch it. Simply remove your drive and put in your 360.

REV 09

Two shots? I thought everyone said it was overpowered with just one. Or at least thats what all of the other players use to scream at me.

from what i understand, you can only spawn with 1 primary weapon now....so SO users will be quite limited in non SO scenarios.

From what I understand, the SO is matched with the Gnasher. Basically you can fire 8 shots with the gnasher in the same time you can fire 8 shots with the SO. And both allegedly have the same spread and range now.

It's basically a preference of faster fire rate + slow reload, or slower fire rate + no reload. At least I hope it turns out that way. SO was broken in Gears 3.

funo

its underpowered now , almost useless if the target is not close enough

I wouldn't call it 'underpowered' just yet but yeah, you have to be REALLY close to someone to kill him with just 1 shot and sometimes even 2 shots are not going to be enough even if fired from a close to medium range

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
The sawed off isn't a problem in Judgment, the game itself is. Multiplayer needs to be patched asap. Hit detection is sometimes really off. And there's teleporting when rolling to the sides at times.

There's a lot to get used to as well. Throwing grenades with LB is one thing. I use the tac com all the time in Gears 3, so I'm always wasting my one and only frag in the very beginning of each round here.

FFA is crazy. Will definitely make you curse more than once. And my oh my, the bots can be super aggressive. Meleeing like there's no tomorrow.

So, in short. My first impressions aren't overly positive. Will need some time with it, for sure.

From what I understand, the SO is matched with the Gnasher. Basically you can fire 8 shots with the gnasher in the same time you can fire 8 shots with the SO. And both allegedly have the same spread and range now.

It's basically a preference of faster fire rate + slow reload, or slower fire rate + no reload. At least I hope it turns out that way. SO was broken in Gears 3.

if feels like they turned down the absurd spread that was present in Gears3. so now it feels like a poor mans Gnasher which is what it should have been all along.

The sawed off isn't a problem in Judgment, the game itself is. Multiplayer needs to be patched asap. Hit detection is sometimes really off. And there's teleporting when rolling to the sides at times.

There's a lot to get used to as well. Throwing grenades with LB is one thing. I use the tac com all the time in Gears 3, so I'm always wasting my one and only frag in the very beginning of each round here.

FFA is crazy. Will definitely make you curse more than once. And my oh my, the bots can be super aggressive. Meleeing like there's no tomorrow.

So, in short. My first impressions aren't overly positive. Will need some time with it, for sure.

I think the lag is there because the dedicated servers aren't up yet. as for the controller changes is takes a few matches to get your head around it. I also keep throwing a nade too. but I can definitely see it being a faster paced game.

Top Bottom