• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Judgement |OT| Brothers from the beginning, Bros till the end

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
I think the lag is there because the dedicated servers aren't up yet. as for the controller changes is takes a few matches to get your head around it. I also keep throwing a nade too. but I can definitely see it being a faster paced game.

It certainly is fast! And I can understand why they did it this way. Though personally I prefer when it's slower paced.

Well, gonna go some more rounds later. Hopefully it'll grow on me.

TRios Zen

Sadly I can't get this demo to work for me. Tried all the steps, but still no dice.

I will buy Judgment, regardless of demo, if only to finish the campaign. I hope this isn't the first Gears game I trade in though.

Grisby

For those waiting for gamestop code

gowjudgementinfo.jpg
Thanks for this. Was wondering what was going on.

Wait, the $20 season pass only has 6 maps?
Considering the Gears 3 add ons are $10 for 5 maps, that is a collosal rip off.

As if I needed another reason to not pay full price for this game...
I'll wait for the game to hit $15.

Can anyone with the knowledge/demo tell me if you can play as Arya in multiplayer (not counting the Best Buy preorder)?
As far as I know, there is only 1 playable female character on disc.

I don't know why Epic would take such a step back after having many female characters in Gears 3.

Someone uploaded a video of the campaign and played through it in 4 hours.
Not sure if it counted loading screens and stuff.
Somebody has to replay it and see if its really that different on subsequent playthroughs. Just counting hours doesn't seem right for this game.

My copy just showed up, afraid to play it since I'm assuming Microsoft will be handing out bans for anyone playing it early with the leak and all though. :/

bidguy

Banned
My copy just showed up, afraid to play it since I'm assuming Microsoft will be handing out bans for anyone playing it early with the leak and all though. :/

Why would you get a ban for playing a legit copy ?
MS has stated numerous times that you won't get banned for that.

Why would you get a ban for playing a legit copy ?
MS has stated numerous times that you won't get banned for that.

Oh? Awesome. I've never gotten one of their big new releases early before so I was unsure of how all that stuff works, good to know a legitimate copy won't get you banned.

hUF0TP6.jpg

:p

Oh? Awesome. I've never gotten one of their big new releases early before so I was unsure of how all that stuff works, good to know a legitimate copy won't get you banned.
If you get the chance, replay a campaign mission, just to see how much the smart spawning system changes things.

I hope overrun uses dedicated servers because most of the matches i've played are really laggy. Seems like the P2P netcode is worse but that could just be because of the low player base.

In any case there seems to be some intentional delay in certain actions and overall character movement just feels slower.

I stumbled upon pre-order codes for classic hammerburst, Anya skin, and young Dom skin.

I know it doesn't come out till next week, but if you're gonna buy it anyways its all good i guess.

please don't ask for the codes if you already have the thing preordered. this is for someone who hasn't preordered yet but will definitely be buying the game next week. first come first served.

EDIT: TAKEN

I stumbled upon pre-order codes for classic hammerburst, Anya skin, and young Dom skin.

I know it doesn't come out till next week, but if you're gonna buy it anyways its all good i guess.

please don't ask for the codes if you already have the thing preordered. this is for someone who hasn't preordered yet but will definitely be buying the game next week. first come first served.

Can I get them? My Newegg copy doesn't come with any.

Can i have the Dom Skin code?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
The demo didn't really do it for me. If it was more involved and let you build or upgrade things it might be better but as is it's not great. You just kinda spam turrets and dodge endless streams of grenades.

Playing as the Locust is a little better because you get points and earn better characters but that wasn't really enough for me.

If you get the chance, replay a campaign mission, just to see how much the smart spawning system changes things.

So I died in the middle of declassified missions a couple of times and the enemy spawns noticeably changed on my next attempt both times it happened. One mission started with a lot of Wretches and some Boomers, when I failed it and tried again there were less Wretches and more regular locust. Later I had the same situation pop up with a different mission and found myself dealing with a lot of blade-wielding Boomers, I died and on the next attempt those blade-wielding Boomers had been replaced by the Boomers with Shields and explosive flails (or whatever you'd call them). The whole declassified mission thing is neat, too, the latter mission I mentioned had the room filled with dust that you could barely see anything through, with Wretches and blade-wielding Therons running up on you, it was a lot of fun.

So far I'm really enjoying the game, Gears of War is still a lot of fun. I'm really enjoying the way declassified missions change things up and the occasional portions where you have to hold down a room or defend something from two or three waves of Locust are also a welcome addition. The way it gives you a score at the end of every checkpoint maybe breaks up the flow a bit, though.

The story and dialogue are largely uninteresting so far, hope it picks up in that regard, but it's not the end of the world if it doesn't.

Just wondering has EPIC or People Can Fly said why they needed to release this game ? I feel it would be better to release this as a next gen game.

So I died in the middle of declassified missions a couple of times and the enemy spawns noticeably changed on my next attempt both times it happened. One mission started with a lot of Wretches and some Boomers, when I failed it and tried again there were less Wretches and more regular locust. Later I had the same situation pop up with a different mission and found myself dealing with a lot of blade-wielding Boomers, I died and on the next attempt those blade-wielding Boomers had been replaced by the Boomers with Shields and explosive flails (or whatever you'd call them). The whole declassified mission thing is neat, too, the latter mission I mentioned had the room filled with dust that you could barely see anything through, with Wretches and blade-wielding Therons running up on you, it was a lot of fun.
Thanks for this MeatVillain - this is exactly what I wanted to read. Beautiful.

bumpkin

Weird... I canceled my preorder at GameStop a week or two ago, but just got an email from them with a code for early access to Overrun.

Top Bottom