• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chun_Li_Yes_2.jpg

Chun_Li_Yes_3.jpg

Chun_Li_Yes_4.jpg

ç_ç''''

WTF is that shit?

Rap Video Chun-Li? :X

Good lawd. Now I don't feel so bad for considering picking up some Witchblade statues. . .

mf00191d.jpg

f01973b.jpg

Although I still should, because I am culpable. :\

AMUSIX

OK, I have toi know where that ghetto-booty chun-li came from? Need to get that for my wife...I'll post her collection later, but that Chun Li would be perfectly tacky (in an obscenely awesome way).

NOT ONE VOLTRON LION!?!?!?! WTF gaf, you have let me down... you're not geeks, you're LOSERS!

Where can I find figures of the hotblooded MEN of scryed and not the "lets see how far I can hike my skirt up" women figures from scryed

EDIT: WTF did my post end up under? I'll also say "do not want"

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
ninj4junpei, you took that gif out of my mouth :lol WHAT.THE.FUCK. I dunno if that post is going to be ok with the mods...

J2 Cool

Leshita said:
I have departed with quite a lot of my figures (all my MGS1/2 McFarlane figures for example); here are the ones I have left which I will be keeping for good.

fig-01.jpg

fig-02.jpg

fig-03.jpg

fig-04.jpg

fig-05.jpg

fig-06.jpg

fig-07.jpg

Yeah, I am going to try not to spend anymore on figures ever again. :p
Shiz, that Medicom Goku does look pretty nice....

Well, you win. Well, either you or Gagaman. Congrats! How much did the Ghibli figures cost, where did you get them from? (their site?)

J2 Cool said:
Well, you win. Well, either you or Gagaman. Congrats! How much did the Ghibli figures cost, where did you get them from? (their site?)

I got them from http://www.1999.co.jp/ but I am pretty sure you can get them from Yesasia or just HobbyLink Japan. They cost me quite a hefty amount though (well over $100 each CDN after customs and crap :/).
I probably won't be purchasing anymore statues or figures though (no money). If I do buy anymore it will be 1 or 2 major purchases a year max, though currently the only things that interest me are the MGS4 medicoms, Poison (though I can probably resist and not get it), and most recently that Medicom Goku (which I discovered through this thread :().
Yeah, I really need to quit this geeky hobby. :lol

hirokazu said:
Why don't you take them out of the box though? It's not near as cool when it's boxed.

That's why I'm looking for a f@cking display case, but nobody in this thread is forthcoming with good information on where to obtain them.

IKEA has a couple on their website, but they don't list the height of the shelves in them. So I need to call them and see if I can get that information. This one is looking good.

I want to unbox a lot of this stuff, because it's cool; but I want it to be someplace relatively "safe" away from my idiot cats and friends. The last thing I want is a $100 toy or statue in pieces. :X

Not to mention it's easier to wipe down a display case than to dust each piece individually. :D

Zaptruder

Banned
Jesus christ guys. Way to screw up this page of the thread :p

that gaping chun-li vag with her off kilter alien butt-ugo face have been giving me nightmares all day. I'm looking at my classy chun-li (the same one as Leshita has in her case) and it's reminding me of that shit. No. Nooo. Nooooo.

Zaptruder

Banned
Ok. So what's the deal with paying through Paypal?

I've decided to neg on my dante purchase, and instead go for sexy sexy Rei instead. Same company... but is it going to be a big deal?

Infact, I've decided that I'm going to collect all of REFLECT's sexy figures that I can get my hand on. They're all roughly the same scale, and they're the ones I keep going back to look at.

God.. wish this guy would do Asuka. An adult, cheese-cake asuka in the same kinda style as Rei would be such a perfect match up.

But his damn morrigan.... so bleeding rare. About 250 AUD to get it shipped to australia. I mean... a few websites still sell the thing, but they're all priced ludicrously.

I knew I should've pounced when I saw her for 95 dollars.

Mistouze said:
ninj4junpei, you took that gif out of my mouth :lol WHAT.THE.FUCK. I dunno if that post is going to be ok with the mods...

well it's not like she's naked..and not worse than that Witchblade statue in which you can clearly see her nipples. But If there are problems I can edit it out...

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Anasui Kishibe said:
well it's not like she's naked..and not worse than that Witchblade statue in which you can clearly see her nipples. But If there are problems I can edit it out...

Hey I'm no mod so if it's fine by them no prob, it's just that I lurk this thread to see cool figures being currently interrested in getting a robot one (would love to see some GL ones) and at the start fo the page...BAM!!! I'm browsing this shit at work dude!:lol I still haev to thank you for the laughter and the shock I had, you woke me up just when I needed it.

MOAR ROBOTS please! How hard are the Gundam figures to assemble generally?

Apharmd

Mistouze said:
Hey I'm no mod so if it's fine by them no prob, it's just that I lurk this thread to see cool figures being currently interrested in getting a robot one (would love to see some GL ones) and at the start fo the page...BAM!!! I'm browsing this shit at work dude!:lol I still haev to thank you for the laughter and the shock I had, you woke me up just when I needed it.

Very easy. Even the higher levels are very easy to assemble. Just get like some hobby knives to cut the parts out of the trees out or hell, use a nailcutter.

What is a "Resin Kit" exactly? I see auctions on ebay for some of this stuff and it says they are "unpainted and unassembled", yet looking at the figures, they appear to be 1 piece molds or something. Like the "Poison" figure for example. The guy above who has one has it in the box and its all assembled and everything. So does that mean a Resin Kit is a cheap do-it-yourself knockoff or something? Educate me, please.

S. L.

Mistouze said:

they are all easy to assemble

generally there are four levels of difficulty
No-Grade (kits without any 'Grade' marking) EASY kits, only a few parts, cheap and usually not a lot of detail
HG (High Grade) usually in 1/144 scale, good amount of detail, cheap, lots of different kits, ~usd20
MG (Master Grade) 1/100 scale, plenty of detail, quite a lot of parts, most consider these the sweetspot with the best detail/price/scale ratio. ~usd45
PG (Perfect Grade)
very expensive, 1/60 scale, only a few kits, 'perfect' heh

all kits and grades can be assembled without glue and paint, so even a newbie can assemble them without too much problems. the parts are already molded in the appropriate colors. so just snap assembling them will make some quite decent looking robots. but if you want them to look hawt you need to paint them, either with spraycans or airbrush (i don't recommend painting with brushes). this will require quite some work and a bit of skill but is well worth it.

Uno Ill Nino said:
What is a "Resin Kit" exactly? I see auctions on ebay for some of this stuff and it says they are "unpainted and unassembled", yet looking at the figures, they appear to be 1 piece molds or something. Like the "Poison" figure for example. The guy above who has one has it in the box and its all assembled and everything. So does that mean a Resin Kit is a cheap do-it-yourself knockoff or something? Educate me, please.
this is how such an figure looks unassembled and unpainted
sil002p26.jpg

found this page where it shows how the guy builds and paints it
http://www.geocities.com/animevision01/siltutorial.htm

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Snapped some shots of my Touma collection:

Knuckle Bear Iron & Guardians, Hell Hounds, Goon, & mini Circus Punk.
tou_1.jpg

Complete set of Slithers! (so far...) + some mini Goons.
tou_2.jpg

18 inch Knuckle just came in, thanks to a clearance deal online I paid less than half of what it costs most places. Came with a nice autographed lithograph, too. Below, Wonderwall Knuckles and Knuckle Qees.
tou_3.jpg

Fang Wolf & FW Qees, Bonga Konga, Toolies, Skuttle X + Mini Skuttles, Boo & Baboos, more Touma-designed Qees, and Knuckle Bear Gachapon figures.
tou_4.jpg

Uno Ill Nino said:

Resin kits are typically very nice home-brew models for hobbyists to assemble and paint. Some of the best models if you can assemble and paint them properly.

They're typically the basis for finished statues. IIRC, that Poison figure was a garage kit at one point and then got picked up for mass production.

LuCkymoON

Banned
Uno Ill Nino said:
PVC = fully painted
Resin kit = build and paint it yourself.

All figure models start off as resin kits (sold at Wonder Festival); only the most popular kits will be picked up by large manufacturers to be made into a complete PVC model.
Some sculpters(Reflect , Mon-sieur Bome and TandemTwin) have be come so famous that they could sculpt their figures from shit and it would still sell out.

hirokazu

The Take Out Bandit said:
That's why I'm looking for a f@cking display case, but nobody in this thread is forthcoming with good information on where to obtain them.

IKEA has a couple on their website, but they don't list the height of the shelves in them. So I need to call them and see if I can get that information. This one is looking good.

I want to unbox a lot of this stuff, because it's cool; but I want it to be someplace relatively "safe" away from my idiot cats and friends. The last thing I want is a $100 toy or statue in pieces. :X

Not to mention it's easier to wipe down a display case than to dust each piece individually. :D

I see, I need to get myself more storae myself, I've run out of room to put anything else in my room, let alone more models :p Take pictures of them once they've been taken out and on display!

GAH!

Ikea sales folks are pretty shit.

I'm looking at this, but it doesn't specify what the shelf height is! >:|

I call Ikea, wait on hold for 10 minutes once, and my cell drops the call when I get a human on the line.

Call back. Wait on hold for 6 minutes.

Go to work.

Call back again. Wait on hold for 8 minutes, get a human - and bitch don't know shit. >:|

"I don't know. You'd have to measure them."

IT'S NOT FUCKING LISTED ON THE INTERNET, AND I DON'T HAVE A GOD DAMN IKEA STORE IN MY STATE YOU IGNORANT SLUT!

I just call Ikea stores in other states because I don't have a fucking hobby. AUGH!

Cheesemeister said:
Well, let's see. 64 1/8 inches / 4 shelves = 16 1/32 inches per shelf, minus the width of the shelves. So you could probably figure on 15 or so inches of clearance.

Yeah, I tried to guesstimate; but I don't know what the thickness of the base and top are 1/2 inch? 1 inch? So a possible total of 1-2 inches off the height? Plus the thickness of the shelves.

I dunno.

I'm considering taking a road trip to Pittsburgh and just checking the fucking thing out in person. ALL IN THE NAME OF EXPENSIVE TOYS! NERD ALERT! >:O

I'd like 16 or more inches, since that's the maximum height of some of my statues.

The Take Out Bandit said:
Yeah, I tried to guesstimate; but I don't know what the thickness of the base and top are 1/2 inch? 1 inch? So a possible total of 1-2 inches off the height? Plus the thickness of the shelves.

I'd like 16 or more inches, since that's the maximum height of some of my statues.

This image...

72929_PE189179_S4.jpg

...gives 439 pixels height along the front-most corner edge to 64 1/8". Each of the shelves are 100-104 pixels tall.

64.125" / 439 pixels = shelf height / 100 pixels
shelf height = 14.6"

Cheesemeister said:
This image...

72929_PE189179_S4.jpg

...gives 439 pixels height along the front-most corner edge to 64 1/8". Each of the shelves are 100-104 pixels tall.

64.125" / 439 pixels = shelf height / 100 pixels
shelf height = 14.6"

Impressive!

We'll find out this weekend. Either way, Ikea is the least costly route for a glass display case. :)

542289942_4a7bfed58c_b.jpg

This is the only statue I have. It resides on top of my subwoofer. I've got some Gijoes and ton of star wars and Metal Gear figures. But they don't stay put on my sub because of the vibrations.

Zaptruder

Banned
I have that shelf. You're not going to fit a 16" figure in there TToB.... unless you want to have uneven shelf heights, and you're upto some cutting and welding. Or you're ready to have less shelves than you bargained for.

Tamanon said:
Dear lord that's a lot of money to pay to never have sex again.

There are a lot of girls that are into collecting these figures as well. I'm sure he could find someone to fuck at a cosplay event or other niche parts of society, but the average girl probably wouldn't like these. But it's silly to say that he won't be able to have sex because of these.

anotheriori said:
yeah the current gf isn't all that fond of them.
Hey man, don't feel too bad. My GF didn't care for my FFX Lulu either. She's okay with Master Chief and the Spartan Crew perched up high in our kitchen with sniper rifles, but Lulu's big fat titties are where her tolerance got tested. :p I don't know how she's going to take me buying one of those Poison models shown in this thread, but I'm not too worried about it. After all, I let her have a Hello Kitty toaster, waffle maker, water dispenser, placemats, bath towel, paper lamps, and Barbie all on display. I guess we afford eachother our little quirks like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom