• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takuan

Ok, so apparently a lot of the higher-quality figures/statues are made of PVC, and I stumbled upon this site doing a google search:

www.pvcfree.org

The dangers are probably real, but exaggerated (hopefully!). It's a shame, because a lot of these things look awesome.

I guess I'll stick with Warhammer miniatures that I'll never paint.

I don't collect many figures, but I finally got a set of the Castle Crashers figures which I've been wanting. Hopefully the game is released soon!

DSCF2279.jpg

DSCF2280.jpg

DSCF2281.jpg

Takuan

heavy liquid said:
I don't collect many figures, but I finally got a set of the Castle Crashers figures which I've been wanting. Hopefully the game is released soon!
OMG WHAERE

Edit: holy shit $60 for the four, fuck outta here.

Alpha_eX

Here's some pictures of my vinyl/art toys, not much room so most of them are in boxes somewhere.

toys_8108_1.jpg

At the back is Ryuk and Domochan along with a Keroro Head, Pikmin flower and some Super Mario Mushrooms. On the box to the right is a Slime Money Bank I got from the SE store. With that is a garlic, Locoroco and another Slime. At the front are the Moofia Tokidoki figures along with the Raving Rabbids set, a Whale USB storage device and a Rolitoland figure.

toys_8108_4.jpg

Standing tall are the Final Fantasy trading art series, Cloud, Sephiroth and Tidus. Also have the Advent Children gashapon set and a Cloud mini trading arts figure. I would love to have the colored Cloud Kingdom Hearts one! In front is an incomplete set of the Zelda Phantom Hourglass Gashapon, help me out! To the right is the Zelda Twiglight Princess set with a Studio Ghibli figure from the Museum, hiding in the back is the first colossus. On top of the PS2 games and books is a whale, Mario Mushroom squeeze toy, Panda Z figure and two awesome Taiko no Tatsujin plush that I got in Japan for an awesome £1.50 each!! Also, between the books is the first volume of the Phoenix Wright manga.

toys_8108_2.jpg

At the back are the awesome Spider Baby Boom series, if you want these I have a lot of sealed doubles so you can choose which ones you want. Only need two more to finish the set! At the front is the full set of the awesome Tokidoki Cactus Pups.

toys_8108_3.jpg

First squad of the Pikmin army guard this shelf from various others such as the Mario Kart Keychain set, Mario Party Kubrick, Knockman world figures, Dunny and a Kubrick Link. I have 4 sets of Pikmin but no room to put them out.

WrikaWrek said:
*figure models*

*what is this?*

*355 posts, must be good, gaf is horny*

*clicks*

[IMG.]http://i13.tinypic.com/6svsrit.gif[/IMG]

Funny...but if you appreciate art in the slightest, you're bound to find something cool in this thread. At least check out the previous page! Lots of cool stuff.

WrikaWrek

Banned
The Lamonster said:
Funny...but if you appreciate art in the slightest, you're bound to find something cool in this thread. At least check out the previous page! Lots of cool stuff.

I already did. Don't tell anyone or i'll kill you

LuCkymoON

Banned
Takuan said:
Ok, so apparently a lot of the higher-quality figures/statues are made of PVC, and I stumbled upon this site doing a google search:

www.pvcfree.org

The dangers are probably real, but exaggerated (hopefully!). It's a shame, because a lot of these things look awesome.

I guess I'll stick with Warhammer miniatures that I'll never paint.
You do know that most if not all the plumbing material in your house is made from PVC?
Your Credit Cards are made from PVC too, got cancer?
Guess not.

Want to be against something commonly used? Then be against Polystyrene

Takuan

LuCkymoON said:
You do know that most if not all the plumbing material in your house is made from PVC?
Your Credit Cards are made from PVC too, got cancer?
Guess not.

Want to be against something commonly used? Then be against Polystyrene
Ok, so it's crazy talk. Gotcha.

Anyway, I just got this as a gift:

8aa8cw2.jpg

These shits are fragile. The scuff on his head is a result of an accident.

relaxor

what?
Alpha_eX said:
toys_8108_3.jpg

First squad of the Pikmin army guard this shelf from various others such as the Mario Kart Keychain set, Mario Party Kubrick, Knockman world figures, Dunny and a Kubrick Link. I have 4 sets of Pikmin but no room to put them out.
Those little Pikmin armies are so cute! I want some. What are they exactly?

Alpha_eX

relaxor said:
Those little Pikmin armies are so cute! I want some. What are they exactly?

They are from a candy toy in Japan, you basically bought a blind box which had some candy in it and a small set of Pikmin and a flower. I have 4 full sets, what's in the photo is just one full set I think.

Snaku said:
You know those $180 MGS4 Raiden & Old Snake figures that Medicom is releasing? Well they're giving Son Goku the same treatment.

Click to enlarge.

Holy fuck is that awesome...I just don't think I could justify spending more than $100 on something like this.

Ok that IS awesome. I would buy that.

I use to buy some Gundam models, but haven't in several years. But lately I've been dying to get my hands on this Macross YF-19 figure. I can't find it for any less then around $150-$200. But I may just fork over the money anyways, it's a gorgeous replication of my all time favorite Macross Valkyrie, and it's actually transformable.

01-00053-1zm.jpg

teepo

Rice-Eater said:
I use to buy some Gundam models, but haven't in several years. But lately I've been dying to get my hands on this Macross YF-19 figure. I can't find it for any less then around $150-$200. But I may just fork over the money anyways, it's a gorgeous replication of my all time favorite Macross Valkyrie, and it's actually transformable.

01-00053-1zm.jpg

it's simply not worth the money. the macross plus figures were the first time yamato took a crack at the macross license. they're made out of cheap plastic which cause the joints to break easily and there is a good chance something is wrong with it. not to mention, there is no weight to the models. yamato didn't perfect it until the DYRL sets came out.

Shoho

Banned
Takuan said:
Ok, so it's crazy talk. Gotcha.

Anyway, I just got this as a gift:

8aa8cw2.jpg

These shits are fragile. The scuff on his head is a result of an accident.

awesomely cute:-D

I love the people who have the sony mascot cat. very cool.

keanerie

There's some really awesome stuff in this thread - if I had the time or the money to devote to collecting one thing, it'd be this stuff (maybe more the mechs...less than scantily glad girls).

PS: Does anyone have any cool Eureka Seven models?

AVclub

Some of these statues look amazing. I'm often tempted to buy them when I'm in comic shops. However, I resist the urge when it occurs to me that I have no space for them and that appreciating them in a store display every so often is enough for me.

Phthisis

I figure that this is a good place to ask. Anyone know any online stores that might still have this for sale? I know it's a pretty old statue, but I've always wanted to buy it for my desk. I believe there was another sculpture made from the movie of one of the other characters, but I can't remember who it was. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Souther

Banned
Although they aren't model sets...These are pretty awesome.

HNK Bust's(click for full size)

I'd say the Raoh one is the best looking out of them all. Most Detailed.

Dead

well not really...yet
keanerie said:
There's some really awesome stuff in this thread - if I had the time or the money to devote to collecting one thing, it'd be this stuff (maybe more the mechs...less than scantily glad girls).

PS: Does anyone have any cool Eureka Seven models?
Eureka.jpg

Nirvash-1.jpg

Spec2.jpg

(Lazily painted, wish I could buy another one and redo it)

Ronok

XD My 20" Cloud model arrived! It's seriously awesome. Here's a picture of it from a website but I'll get some shot showing mine next weekend. It's so massive. :D

1453591d.jpg

Ronok said:
XD My 20" Cloud model arrived! It's seriously awesome. Here's a picture of it from a website but I'll get some shot showing mine next weekend. It's so massive. :D

1453591d.jpg

PICS OR GTFO

Seriously, i wanna see this.

The mega 20" + beats i must one day buy are Sideshow Sauron and Witchking

SauronSuperb1.jpg

SS-9338.jpg

Ronok

I'd take a pic, but, it's around my mums house right now. We are rearranging things here so there is no room and I don't want it damaged. When I go round next (probably this weekend or before) I'll take my camera and get some snaps. It's really nice though. The base is heavy as hell. lolol

Kammie

I have 1/8 models of Quistis, Selphie, Laguna, and Yuna... and the entire collection of FFVIII action figures, along with some Chobits stuff... but ever since I moved out of the U.S., they've been packed in a box (where they'll be staying), and I can't find the old pictures I'd taken of them. :( This is all I've got lying around:

87hzy2b.jpg

For those complaining about the lack of male figures, check these out. So awesome:

5358b1.jpg
5359b1.jpg

http://www.kotobukiya.co.jp/cgi-bin/db_sm_main_css.cgi?B=5358&N=detail01&C=901
http://www.kotobukiya.co.jp/cgi-bin/db_sm_main_css.cgi?B=5359&N=detail01&C=901

Dali said:
I hate that Kusanagi design soooo much. I haven't been able to finish GitS:SAC because of it.

Really? I think it's infinitely better than the original Kusanagi. Not to mention that the actress that does the dub for her has an unbelievably sexy voice.

LuCkymoON

Banned
Absinthe said:
Really? I think it's infinitely better than the original Kusanagi. Not to mention that the actress that does the dub for her has an unbelievably sexy voice.
I agree, the SAC design is far better than the movie and the original manga design.

kiryogi

Banned
Woo. Whoever complimented on those kosmos trading figures hasn't seen these! Been meaning to post them. Again sorry about the camera shots. Seems as if i've forgotten how to take proper shots and tweak the settings XD next time!

kosmosv1.png

kosmosv4.png

displayred.png

I'm expecting Alter's extremely awesome Kosmos V4 this month and T-elos in feb :D

Omie

teepo said:
it's simply not worth the money. the macross plus figures were the first time yamato took a crack at the macross license. they're made out of cheap plastic which cause the joints to break easily and there is a good chance something is wrong with it. not to mention, there is no weight to the models. yamato didn't perfect it until the DYRL sets came out.

You have to be kidding me. The versions that you are talking about are the 1/72 scale ones that Yamato released a few years back. The picture of the 19 that was posted is a completely revamped 1/60 scale of the 19. That model was released no more than two years ago, its awesome and the transformations are super tight!

Alpha_eX

Infinitemadness said:
Alpha_eX said:
Here's some pictures of my vinyl/art toys, not much room so most of them are in boxes somewhere.

toys_8108_1.jpg

Hey, where is that Raving Rabbids set from?

When the Wii launched in the UK, GAME stores had some of these blind boxed figures to give away, I went round London finding them all :lol

Dali

Absinthe said:
LuCkymoON said:
I agree, the SAC design is far better than the movie and the original manga design.

To each his own. The SAC Kusanagi just seems like a pathetic attempt to sex-up the lead character, but in doing so she comes across looking more like a clown. All the other characters, even other female characters, look more appropriate. They give Motoko the mal-formed face of a doll, purple fucking hair, and usually she is wearing some stupid swimsuit leatard thing no matter what the situation is (Important meeting? I know, I'll wear my nice professional purple leatard. *rollseyes*). She just doesn't fit in with the other characters and doesn't look like the leader of an elite government agency as she does in the movie or the manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom